The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

That is some good funny reading. How long do you think it will take the Big10 to realize they didn't add a team that can deliver the NY market? Even the Girls fans acknowledge a NYC ccrowd woudl be 50/50. The delusional ones think the opponent's home game should be moved to NYC, not a Girls home game. Face it, no one wants to play a game at Rutgers. Even the Big10 doesn't really want any games there. This is continuing to be fun to watch. Especially in 2 years when Rutgers is playing in front of 15,000 fans and still looking for their first Big 10 conference win.

They don't even see their own hypocracy. They have been pulling out some newspaper poll for a couple years exclaiming "RU owns NYC! See, it's right here in this poll!" Now, they're worried they could get at best 50/50 in Yankees Stadium. So, which is it? Do they own NYC or not?

They don't even see their own hypocracy. They have been pulling out some newspaper poll for a couple years exclaiming "RU owns NYC! See, it's right here in this poll!" Now, they're worried they could get at best 50/50 in Yankees Stadium. So, which is it? Do they own NYC or not?

That wasn't a poll, it was a theory that was totally delusional just like the Rutgirls fanbase. Most fictional accounting of fanbases I have ever seen.

That stupid thing basically states that Rutgirls fans outnumber Nebraska fans is just insane.

If that's the definition of college football then we might as well trace college football to the first futbol game ever played. That doesn't even resemble college football, whatever the hell that game was.

image.jpg

Twitter was so funny this afternoon. Usually, when a school joins a new league for its first media day, there's interest and stuff. Rutgers just got straight made fun of, especially when Flood called their recruiting area "the state of Rutgers"

Mike Francesa was absolutely killing Rutgers today on his show. I mean killing them. Callers were calling in all excited that they are in the Big 10 now for football this season starting in a month or so and Francesa said Rutgers couldn't win anything in the Big East now you expect them to compete in the Big 10? He said if they win 2 conference games he will be surprised. Which led to a few callers calling in and pointing out they have Maryland and Indiana on their schedule so they can win 2 games to which Francesa said neither of those games are "gimmies" for Rutgers. Then Francesa said schools like Michigan must be upset they have to travel to Rutgers and play in front of small crowds. Which led to one caller (who got hung up on immediately) calling in and saying Michigan isn't that good and Rutgers can compete with them. That drew a big laugh.

Then another idiot caller said don't be knocking Rutgers cause "parking passes" for Rutgers this yaer are going for over $500 for some games and near $1,000 for a season parking pass online on EBAY and Stub Hub. Francesa laughed and said no way, then his producers found this to be true and printed them off. He read them online and said any idiot who pays that kind of money for a Rutgers Parking Pass needs their head examined.

Then Francesa went on and said Football will be a disaster in the Big 10 but don't worry...Basketball will be far worse. They have no business trying to compete with any of the Big 10 teams in basketball. And the Rutgers fans who called in agreed and said he was right but they don't care about basketball.

Twitter was so funny this afternoon. Usually, when a school joins a new league for its first media day, there's interest and stuff. Rutgers just got straight made fun of, especially when Flood called their recruiting area "the state of Rutgers"
"the state of Rutgers" - lol - they should be ridiculed for that, just as Schiano should have been ridiculed for that and for getting the simpletons that signed with him to parrot the nonsense about winning a national championship at Rutgers - good lord

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i..._will_be_an_embarrassment_in_the_big_ten.html

The best part of this article is the last sentence: "He received an eBay printout from his producer for a parking pass that will cost $750: "Listen, if some dummy's willing to pay you $750, I'm surprised you won't run it over to their house. ... That's just to park the car. Do they at least throw in like an oil change? Or a lube job? Rotate the tires? Something!"

Francesa on Rutgizz was too funny. I tuned in halfway through so couldn't figure out why he was looking at eBay parking prices. Thanks for clearing that up.

People realize Rutgers is a sham that got selected as a cable box play. Simple as that.

The "State of Rutgers" stuff is a joke. We went to the boardwalk one night last week. My wife and I wore Syracuse t-shirts and one of my daughters had on her Syracuse sweatshirt. We outnumbered Rutgers gear 3 to 1. Maybe not indicative of the entire state, but here at the Jersey Shore, not seeing Rutgers "move the needle."

The "State of Rutgers" stuff is a joke. We went to the boardwalk one night last week. My wife and I wore Syracuse t-shirts and one of my daughters had on her Syracuse sweatshirt. We outnumbered Rutgers gear 3 to 1. Maybe not indicative of the entire state, but here at the Jersey Shore, not seeing Rutgers "move the needle."
Same here, in my part of the Jersey Shore

It's much worse in NYC. I work in the city and during football and hoops season it's not at all unusual to go several days without seeing a single person wearing Rutgers gear. Meanwhile I see SU gear pretty much daily. There are a lot of Big Ten, ACC and SEC schools that I see more people wearing apparel for than Rutgers.

Which stands to reason, because they suck.

Hard.