The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

My gf is a psu alum, so are my cousins, I have been out there quite a few times.What happened is awful, and I understand how people feel remorse, but they shouldn't it isn't their fault that it happened. If you are an 18 year old kid, why should you base a future bearing decision on what some pervert did many years ago?

You are completely missing my point. The point is that nothing has changed and it's business as usual in Happy Valley. As long as the fans and alumni act like Sandusky was a lone Ranger, it's no place I'd want my kids to go. That atmosphere remains toxic.

You are completely missing my point. The point is that nothing has changed and it's business as usual in Happy Valley. As long as the fans and alumni act like Sandusky was a lone Ranger, it's no place I'd want my kids to go. That atmosphere remains toxic.

So if your kid really wanted to go to psu, you wouldn't allow them to, because a few delusional people?

Its been 2 coaching staffs since all the you know what hit the fan. As much as I dislike them, Penn State is still a Delusional place, you can' penalize your kid over something that happened several years ago.

Fixed.

If it is such a great place, if this happened to little boys there, how could any reasonable person send their kids there and feel that they are safe??

I most certainly will not. I can penalize Ped St. by not spending my hard earned dollars for any of my children to go there.

Fixed.

If it is such a great place, if this happened to little boys there, how could any reasonable person send their kids there and feel that they are safe??

I most certainly will not. I can penalize Ped St. by not spending my hard earned dollars for any of my children to go there.

There are pedophiles all over the place, there could be several where you or I live. If your kid really wanted to go to Penn St, why would you penalize them because of some sick freak?

Briancuse said:
There are pedophiles all over the place, there could be several where you or I live. If your kid really wanted to go to Penn St, why would you penalize them because of some sick freak?

Because a majority of their fans think they got screwed. A majority of their fans think JoePa got screwed. A majority of their administration feel they got screwed. A majority of their administration feel JoePa got screwed. A majority of their BOT feels they got screwed. A majority of their BOT feel JoePa got screwed. They are all more worried about how the NCAA, media, and other fans treated them and perceived them than they were about the kids who got raped in the football facilities.

Like others have said, it's not just Sandusky, it's the culture there. I've seen more hatred for the NCAA than Sandusky.

So no, even if my kids didn't understand and wanted to go there, Dad wouldn't let them. Fortunately it doesn't have to come to that because they are bright kids and understand the horrors that went on down their and what still remains in the culture.

Changing the football coach doesn't absolve everyone else.

Because a majority of their fans think they got screwed. A majority of their fans think JoePa got screwed. A majority of their administration feel they got screwed. A majority of their administration feel JoePa got screwed. A majority of their BOT feels they got screwed. A majority of their BOT feel JoePa got screwed. They are all more worried about how the NCAA, media, and other fans treated them and perceived them than they were about the kids who got raped in the football facilities.

Like others have said, it's not just Sandusky, it's the culture there. I've seen more hatred for the NCAA than Sandusky.

So no, even if my kids didn't understand and wanted to go there, Dad wouldn't let them. Fortunately it doesn't have to come to that because they are bright kids and understand the horrors that went on down their and what still remains in the culture.

Changing the football coach doesn't absolve everyone else.

Everything that you said is true, there are plenty of people who are delusional, but that doesn't change the fact that its still a good school.

Briancuse said:
Everything that you said is true, there are plenty of people who are delusional, but that doesn't change the fact that its still a good school.

I won't deny that the academic education is good. But going to college is much more than the classroom.

So if your kid really wanted to go to psu, you wouldn't allow them to, because a few delusional people?
For the current situation, you are God Damned Right I would not, Sir.

I couldn't stop him from going there, but if that was his choice, he goes it alone. No financial assistance from me.

Hamlet said, "Frailty, thy name is woman." The concept could stand to be learned by a lot of people in Pennsylvania, and elsewhere.

It is true that pedophiles are all over the place. I will choose to send my children to a place and a culture where they (pedophiles and deviants) are not protected because of how powerful a sports program is.

At Ped State, the culture is still there and the fans are still delusional. Nothing has changed.

It is true that pedophiles are all over the place. I will choose to send my children to a place and a culture where they (pedophiles and deviants) are not protected because of how powerful a sports program is.

At Ped State, the culture is still there and the fans are still delusional. Nothing has changed.
and in the same vein, I would not send my kid (especially daughter) to schools like FSU or Notre Dame, where the football culture is such that sexual assault gets ignored and swept under the rug. There are, sadly, many places in this country where college football just means too much.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/26/ohio-state-ad-rutgers-brings-a-lot-to-the-table/

Quick Questions:
1) How much was he paid for this?
2) Is he subject to drug testing?
3) Does he really believe anything he says?
“I think the Rutgers-Penn State one will probably elevate itself over time and it will be one of those contests that everybody will look forward to all the time."

Truth Revealed:
"Smith admitted the school’s location in New Jersey, as part of the New York City market, still remains a factor in Rutgers’ inclusion to the league."

And then:

"Even when another athletic director within the Big Ten Conference defends the inclusion of Rutgers from an academic and athletic standpoint, the school’s location still remains the No. 1 reason they were invited."

Reality Bites:

"After all, the Scarlets Knights are expected to finish last in the Big Ten’s eastern division."

and in the same vein, I would not send my kid (especially daughter) to schools like FSU or Notre Dame, where the football culture is such that s e xual assault gets ignored and swept under the rug. There are, sadly, many places in this country where college football just means too much.

I agree, I have 2 daughters...they will not be going either of those places. Sadly though, the type of things that happened at ND and FSU happen at every college nationwide. With the sports teams and having nothing to do with sports teams.

But that is everywhere now, college football is the golden goose right now, what happened at psu far exceeds anything, but every school is looking out for their bottom line.

I agree, I have 2 daughters...they will not be going either of those places. Sadly though, the type of things that happened at ND and FSU happen at every college nationwide. With the sports teams and having nothing to do with sports teams.

Those type of things can happen anywhere, When I was in high school I brought home a Miami Univ brochure, and my parents told me over their dead bodies would I be going to U of M. I don't have kids, but when i do I am going to raise them right, after that it is up to them, I would have no problem sending them to a school like Psu.