The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 312 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

So let me see if I’ve got this straight. RU fans are proud of the possibility that their coach spurned the SU job in favor of the Rutgers job. Babers then proceeds to turn SU around, go 10-3 and finish #15. Meanwhile their coach craps the bed and turns RU into an even bigger pile of $#!+ than before he was hired. So not only did they hire a bad coach, but also a guy who is not very bright? Is that what they’re bragging on?

Yes! their silver lining is somehow that Ash spurned SU, so they "won". It makes no sense.

If all they have in their lives is hating SU, so be it, let's not let facts get in the way of their delusion.

You’d at least think such a reputable, credible source would know how to spell ‘Babers’.

He didn’t have time to spell it correctly, he was busy constructing this sentence...

“Addazio had so save face and salavage his rep at Temople by claiming that he turned down RU to stay at Temple.“

Temople. I’m assuming it’s in Greece somewhere. That’s all I got, gotta go salavage the rest of my day.

Huge break for them. They can hire someone less expensive and help stave off bankruptcy a bit longer.
Now that's a solid backhand

gSIz6gGLhguOY.gif

Amazing how their site is obsessed with the Ash vs. Babers coaching decision several years ago for they swear that the CUSE wanted Ash before Dino.

Amazing how their site is obsessed with the Ash vs. Babers coaching decision several years ago for they swear that the CUSE wanted Ash before Dino.

Obsessed with it. and will go to their graves perpetuating the myth believing that Ash turned Syracuse down even though Syracuse never really considered him. What's funny about it all, is they perpetuate the myth because they believe it was some kind of win that Ash turned us down for them. Imagine if we actually were chest thumping that GRob turned down Rutgers for Syracuse? :rolling:

Yup Rutgers whatever makes you feel better.

Too bad for them when a tarnished tradition laden program comes back to prominence...it comes back fast and is accepted back in club right away.

It'll suck for them to watch us on ABC/ESPN

So let me see if I’ve got this straight. RU fans are proud of the possibility that their coach spurned the SU job in favor of the Rutgers job. Babers then proceeds to turn SU around, go 10-3 and finish #15. Meanwhile their coach craps the bed and turns RU into an even bigger pile of $#!+ than before he was hired. So not only did they hire a bad coach, but also a guy who is not very bright? Is that what they’re bragging on?
lol well said

lol well said

yep and none of it matters as we all play the hand we are dealt. Who really cares? Dino is our coach and Ash is their coach, two programs heading in complete different directions. What has Ash even shown that makes one think he is going to turn things around? Pretty much nothing. Year 3 is the year where you want to see something and he was just as bad as he has always been

and I get it, such is life when you have hired the wrong coach that will set the program back with every minute he is still there versus a coach that is moving the program further ahead as each season passes

lol well said
All correct. And the best part is that their biggest source of pride, that their current coach spurned Syracuse to go to Rutgers, is not accurate. This has been confirmed multiple times in print, but they ignore all evidence of it because someone says they 'heard' this happened.

I guess if you have nothing, you need to manufacture something to fill the void. Like a lonely child invents an imaginary friend. How Rutgerian.