The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 328 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

“While Rutgers didn’t officially announce the financial terms, a person familiar with the contract told NJ Advance Media it’s a 7-year deal starting at $1.25 million and increasing by $100,000 annually to $1.85 million in 2025-26.”

The name is to be pronounced as “S”, “H”, “I”, “Stadium”.
We’ll have to see (err, hear about, since we don’t watch their games) which announcer messes this up first. I’m sure RU’s conference mates will have a ball with this on their boards (“We’re playing this week at the SHItShow”).
This blurb says what the financial terms are but doesn't say who is paying who. My guess is Rutgers couldn't get anyone to give them money so the univeristy is paying SHI Tech just to have a "named" stadium.

And, is SHI a made up company like Initech???

Rutgers Forces Louisiana High School to Change Its Logo

"Among the insults heaped upon Rutgers' football team, which is coming off a 1-11 season that ended with 11 consecutive losses, is that the trademark battle will represent Rutgers' only victory this fall.

"We have more Division-I players than they (Rutgers) does," read another post.

"They want their R and I get that," Durrett said. "I'm not sure we were hurting their brand or their ability to make money off of it. They are are the Scarlet Knights, is that right? And we're the Ruston Bearcats. They're two different things."

"Among the insults heaped upon Rutgers' football team, which is coming off a 1-11 season that ended with 11 consecutive losses, is that the trademark battle will represent Rutgers' only victory this fall.

"They want their R and I get that," Durrett said. "I'm not sure we were hurting their brand or their ability to make money off of it. They are are the Scarlet Knights, is that right? And we're the Ruston Bearcats. They're two different things."
Bravo, Rutgers. You've made people in Louisiana aware that you suck that otherwise might never have known.

Comedy at its finest

I feel like we're being punk'd.

One couldn't write a blazing dumpster fire skit any better.

What. In. The. Actual. Fock.

This post literally had me LMFAO-

"Since we're going to be stuck with this name, we might as well have some fun with it. Come up with your best fake headlines related to SHI Stadium. We'll go through them on the next episode.

Some examples:
Rutgers Lays Turd at SHI Stadium
Holy SHI: Rutgers Upsets Ohio State
SHI for Brains: Coaching Gaffe Leads to Home Loss

To those of you who don't want to have fun with this, I implore you to not comment with your displeasure. We're not just going to pretend that they didn't invite all of us to call it Stadium.

-Max "!

oh, well, Ruston has nothing to worry about, Rutgers is giving them a 10 year window to stop using the logo, and by then, Rutgers won't have a football program anymore. problem solved