The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 414 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

The finalists were Cincinnati, GT and Kentucky. I think that says it all.

Looks like there is a run on QBs committing right now. Noticed that Vandy got a commitment from a good QB out of Arizona a couple of days ago. Rutgers wanted Belin badly. Those two schools might have been our biggest competition for Belin and I am guessing they are out of consideration now.

My prediction, based only on recent developments, is that Henry verbals here sometime in the next 7 days. That would be awesome.

Just as an aside, but Coach Lea is killing it at Vandy. They have the #30 ranked recruiting class right now. Very impressive.

The finalists were Cincinnati, GT and Kentucky. I think that says it all.

Looks like there is a run on QBs committing right now. Noticed that Vandy got a commitment from a good QB out of Arizona a couple of days ago. Rutgers wanted Belin badly. Those two schools might have been our biggest competition for Belin and I am guessing they are out of consideration now.

My prediction, based only on recent developments, is that Henry verbals here sometime in the next 7 days. That would be awesome.

Just as an aside, but Coach Lea is killing it at Vandy. They have the #30 ranked recruiting class right now. Very impressive.
what says it all is at this time, they have a 6th rank recruiting class. say what we want, but that is the reality AGAIN at this time. recruiting is shadys forte. i believe he remains a micro managing coach he will not fair well. however , if he lets the other coaches do their job he will succeed.

what says it all is at this time, they have a 6th rank recruiting class. say what we want, but that is the reality AGAIN at this time. recruiting is shadys forte. i believe he remains a micro managing coach he will not fair well. however , if he lets the other coaches do their job he will succeed.
500 in the big ten?

Highest rated of the cadre of over-rated Rutgers QB recruits in the modern era. if we beat out a QB with offers from GT, Kentucky and Cincinnati we're looking at low 3-star, high 2-star rating.

Again. Like every year? They always seem to have better classes and do worse than us most years. You literally told me Ash was going to kill it there in recruiting.

SHADY gonna shade

Highest rated of the cadre of over-rated Rutgers QB recruits in the modern era. if we beat out a QB with offers from GT, Kentucky and Cincinnati we're looking at low 3-star, high 2-star rating.
Actually that is a mid to upper 3 star going off schools alone

Actually that is a mid to upper 3 star going off schools alone
You being serious? You can't honestly believe that if we got a commitment with a finalist list of us, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Cincinnati he'd get higher than a low 3? If we get Belin he will have a very similar finalist list (offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Syracuse) and he will definitely be a low 3 star.

You being serious? You can't honestly believe that if we got a commitment with a finalist list of us, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Cincinnati he'd get higher than a low 3? If we get Belin he will have a very similar finalist list (offers from Pitt, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Syracuse) and he will definitely be a low 3 star.
Have you looked at their offer lists? Belin has offers from Pitt, Cuse, RU, Vandy.

Wimsatt has offers from ND, Ole Miss, Oregon, WVU, RU, Mizzou, GT, Michigan, Maryland, Kentucky, Louisville, MSU, Nebraska, TCU, and Vandy.

Two completely different levels of recruits

Have you looked at their offer lists? Belin has offers from Pitt, Cuse, RU, Vandy.

Wimsatt has offers from ND, Ole Miss, Oregon, WVU, RU, Mizzou, GT, Michigan, Maryland, Kentucky, Louisville, MSU, Nebraska, TCU, and Vandy.

True. He listed a lot of awesome offers.

However, when the finalists do not include ANY of the ND, Ole Miss, Oregon, MIchigan, Nebraska level schools, that tells a story, too. That's like listing your meal options as Filet Mignon, Lobster, True Southern BBQ, and a selection of deli sandwiches and choosing among a final group of deli sandwiches.

Early, non-committable offers are pretty, but essentially junk jewelry.

But Cuse fans have gotten excited about guys who once had good offers but didn't by the time they committed to Cuse, too, so I'll relent on this, congratulate you on the commitment of a player you are happy about, and say no more.

Last edited:
Again. Like every year? They always seem to have better classes and do worse than us most years. You literally told me Ash was going to kill it there in recruiting.

SHADY gonna shade
this from the person most wrong about almost everything football related? i should, but won't waste my time looking at back at your often moronic posts---there have been many. THAT would be in poor taste om my part. suffice to say, it is in your face re his recruiting. do i expect to stay there? not if he does not win. he was never a coach of substance---HE IS A SALESMAN.

Had offers. Most of those schools have already taken a QB in the class of 2022. Like I said, there have been a lot of good QBs verballing in the class of 2022. With every passing week, Wimsatt saw his options continue to dwindle and wisely took one of his remaining offers before he was left high and dry.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. I haven’t see his film and since Syracuse was not interested, I have no interest in looking at it. It will be interesting to see if Rutgers is able to keep his commitment.

this from the person most wrong about almost everything football related? i should, but won't waste my time looking at back at your often moronic posts---there have been many. THAT would be in poor taste om my part. suffice to say, it is in your face re his recruiting. do i expect to stay there? not if he does not win. he was never a coach of substance---HE IS A SALESMAN.
Yeah, go for it. Not running from my record. Was right a lot too. And I admit when I’m wrong.

I think folks are underestimating that now Shady is recruiting with updated practice facilities, a planned updated football building, a very aggressive (and well paid) staff and the Big Ten in his back pocket. It's ok to be impressed with what they have done on paper so far. We can't hate it just because we aren't on the same trajectory.

Of course, the results on the field are the important thing and we will see if he can get that going. In reality, he only needs 8ish wins for people to be impressed in that division.

I think folks are underestimating that now Shady is recruiting with updated practice facilities, a planned updated football building, a very aggressive (and well paid) staff and the Big Ten in his back pocket. It's ok to be impressed with what they have done on paper so far. We can't hate it just because we aren't on the same trajectory.

Of course, the results on the field are the important thing and we will see if he can get that going. In reality, he only needs 8ish wins for people to be impressed in that division.
We have all that stuff, basically.

I'm pushing back in that we hear this every time they get a new HC and the same posters get nervous that they're on their way back from poor to mediocre at our expense. It's not happened. Year over year, they finish higher than us in recruiting (wonder why?) and then mostly do worse than us.

A mediocre Rutgers program with a mediocre HC battling over the 2-3 NJ kids we get a year in a different conference isn't all that worrisome. It was worse when we had no money and fell even with them in a down BE.

I'm pushing back in that we hear this every time they get a new HC and the same posters get nervous that they're on their way back from poor to mediocre at our expense. It's not happened. Year over year, they finish higher than us in recruiting (wonder why?) and then mostly do worse than us.

A mediocre Rutgers program with a mediocre HC battling over the 2-3 NJ kids we get a year in a different conference isn't all that worrisome. It was worse when we had no money and fell even with them in a down BE.
the issue is and always has been RECRUITING. you are the guy that talked about the glory with babers and how teams would not be able to keep up us. my hope is that babers has changed his mo. he has been to stubborn and has coached , like a deer in the headlights. i further hope he says nothing until game day.

the issue is and always has been RECRUITING. you are the guy that talked about the glory with babers and how teams would not be able to keep up us. my hope is that babers has changed his mo. he has been to stubborn and has coached , like a deer in the headlights. i further hope he says nothing until game day.
“Recruiting!” (Proceeds to talk about coaching)

The ONLY reason Rutty had their ascendancy during Shady's first tenure, was because Syracuse made an all-time TURRIBLE hire, and demolished what had previously been a Top 25 program fairly consistently.

And we literally jump-started them by canning P, which cost us Ray Rice, who went there instead.

UConn also ramped up during this same period when we cratered.

Coincidence? HARDLY.

Lastly - Rutgers has always gotten verbals from some talented local kids.
They rarely actually keep them though.
You could make a College All-Star Team out of former SUNJ "commits" who then DE-committed (I miss the RUDecommit Twitter) and played ball elsewhere.
Saquon Barkley anyone??

So why are they kicking our ass in recruiting? Call it like it is. Early on, they are kicking our ass. I am sure they will lose some but still - perception is reality.

Why?

Because they have multiple program shills working for one of the major Crooin ranking services - who consistently OVERRATE their own croots, while also downgrading ours.

Examples:
SUNJ gets a verbal from a QB with a handful of committable meh P5 offers - FOUR STARS!!!

SUNJ thought they led for Duce Chestnut (FOUR STARS!!!), but then the ratings started to drop when he was no longer a lock (and thought a lean to BC), and then -
AFTER he committed to Syracuse, he gets dropped to THREE STARS.
(all while ZERO football was being played during a pandemic)

Rutgers recruiting rankings are the football equivalent of Trump's self-congratulatory tweets about his various accomplishments:
those that aren't completely fabricated are wildly overstated.

Bottom line - IF Rutgers is recruiting so well, why do they still suck?

Why?

Because they have multiple program shills working for one of the major Crooin ranking services - who consistently OVERRATE their own croots, while also downgrading ours.

Examples:
SUNJ gets a verbal from a QB with a handful of committable meh P5 offers - FOUR STARS!!!

SUNJ thought they led for Duce Chestnut (FOUR STARS!!!), but then the ratings started to drop when he was no longer a lock (and thought a lean to BC), and then -
AFTER he committed to Syracuse, he gets dropped to THREE STARS.
(all while ZERO football was being played during a pandemic)

Rutgers recruiting rankings are the football equivalent of Trump's self-congratulatory tweets about his various accomplishments:
those that aren't completely fabricated are wildly overstated.

Bottom line - IF Rutgers is recruiting so well, why do they still suck?

AHHHHH got it! It's 247, Rivals, Scout over rating their recruits. I guess we are just going to keep putting our face in the sand regarding our recruiting being G5-level and not P5-level. But I guess every recruiting site has something against Syracuse.

Bottom line - they won 3x more games than us in a shortened covid year with a completely new offense and defense. So, while yes I agree, they suck - we suck worse and my whole impetus for sharing this is because it is eerily starting to feel like those mid 2000s when the Girls leapfrogged us in the Northeast. Hope Dino figures it out but his track record and what I've seen with my eyes lately, doesn't provide much confidence.