The Athletic - Cuse Football... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Athletic - Cuse Football...

Under Mac, maybe. That’s before my time. But McNabb covered up for some very mediocre OL play during his years. If not for him, we are looking at close to .500 most years, IMO.
You had a fullback who covered up for a lot of plays. Konrad sometimes took out 2 defensive players on those options.

schools don’t “give” athletic facilities. Donors pay for them for the most part.
Wonder if the Jones bros or Dwight would feel inclined to pony up if the program displays some resemblance of stability. Not to mention other very wealthy alums remaining from the 70s, 80s and 90s teams. While every program has its bad apples, SU seems fortunate in having many alum that’ve succeeded outside of the game.

Wonder if the Jones bros or Dwight would feel inclined to pony up if the program displays some resemblance of stability. Not to mention other very wealthy alums remaining from the 70s, 80s and 90s teams. While every program has its bad apples, SU seems fortunate in having many alum that’ve succeeded outside of the game.
Freeney has had some financial issues. Took his advisor to court. Chandler should be able to do something at some point, as long as he has taken care of his money.

Freeney has had some financial issues. Took his advisor to court. Chandler should be able to do something at some point, as long as he has taken care of his money.

Yeah Dwight sued BoA but the case got dismissed. He still has money but not enough for a charitable donation

Freeney wouldn’t buy his mom a pair of socks. He ain’t ponying up. Chandler MIGHT be a different story. He’s going to be signing a MASSIVE contract, not sure it will be with Arizona either…

Reactions: 007
Freeney wouldn’t buy his mom a pair of socks. He ain’t ponying up. Chandler MIGHT be a different story. He’s going to be signing a MASSIVE contract, not sure it will be with Arizona either…
He’s made about $61M (if not more) during his 8-9 years. Due about $22M this year but probably going to hold out. He should be able to do something now, let alone after his pending trade/new deal.

I've learned in my 60+ years that you shouldn't count other people's money.

You have no idea what they may have been through, bad choices or poor investments, embezzlement by advisors, sickness and health bills within the family, etc.

Don't judge. You have no idea about another person's baggage.

The quotes from the ACC assistant and from the former player, you can’t sugarcoat that. It’s not good. Coordinator changes are the last lifeline. If there is a change (and I hope there isn’t) it has to be an innovative offensive mind with a real plan for recruiting.

As for the position analysis, listing Kpoga as an LB starter and not even mentioning Thompson or Waxe shows that Gutierrez hasn’t really done his homework.

Under Mac, maybe. That’s before my time. But McNabb covered up for some very mediocre OL play during his years. If not for him, we are looking at close to .500 most years, IMO.

We had a 1,000 yard rusher - many of them "nobodies" - for about 7 or 8 years in a row.

THAT is coaching.

And we need coaches who can coach guys up, develop talent. Game plan, call a game and make in game adjustments.

we had those guys, you couldn’t wait for them to leave

smash mouth = nostalgia meathead

the old systems got added on to, they didn’t go away. You still need to block and run in modern offenses. Our current system didn’t stop working, it just got adopted by more places because it worked and more defensive coordinators got a bead on it. Going back in time won’t work, need Gilbert to be creative. I’m confident we’ll try blocking and playing physical because football

that guy flies in PJs a bunch

Anyone care to share what the other coaches said?