The Atmosphere | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Atmosphere

I had perfect service all game. Checked the board. Sent text messages. Saw a video my son sent. No issues.

To be honest, this shocks me, as does all the Wi-Fi struggles everyone claims to deal with. I have no issue in the dome at all. I’m in the 300s, could that possibly factor in?
Which section? Mine it’s complete radio silence for everyone, no Wi-Fi or data.

People go crazy for that stupid animated truck race on the video board. I assume these are the people that watch shows like Survivor and The Masked Singer.
I pick a truck every time. I was undefeated until Saturday, much to my wife’s chagrin. I’ve never watched either of those TV shows.

I had zero issues moving around but I:
1)got inside a solid 30-40 minutes before kickoff, 2) stayed in my seats at halftime
Those of us that go regularly know the tricks, but that’s the whole point - we shouldn’t have to stay in our seats at halftime or plot any special maneuvers like using the stairs to bypass the congestion. It’s dysfunctional and takes away from the experience.

I’m all for more hangout places but this isn’t the Mets. We’ll get something to that effect when the arch connection happens. Wider concourses has to be the main priority on all sides though.

Those of us that go regularly know the tricks, but that’s the whole point - we shouldn’t have to stay in our seats at halftime or plot any special maneuvers like using the stairs to bypass the congestion. It’s dysfunctional and takes away from the experience.

I’m all for more hangout places but this isn’t the Mets. We’ll get something to that effect when the arch connection happens. Wider concourses has to be the main priority on all sides though.
Yes, it’s part of the reason I don’t ever want to go to Disney World. If I have to research strategies, then it’s not worth it.

If the system requires special knowledge, then the system is ineffective.

This is why I never push for a sell out or quite frankly a crowd much over 40,000. The facility can't handle it. The experience is much better fan wise if we are closer to 40,000 than 45,000.

Which section? Mine it’s complete radio silence for everyone, no Wi-Fi or data.

It’s impossible in 332, I often want to check this group and post etc but I can’t. I’m sure it will work itself out, they’re doing it in sections I think.
331. And I do go on this site.

Weird, I have never had a problem with texting in the dome. I usually send back and forth with my kids and a few friends. Never a delay . We're T-Mobile and I kind of think it sucks. But not at the dome.

I don’t think it’s a “special strategy” to arrive early and leave late. It’s just common sense. Likewise, it’s common sense to get your drink and snack, and empty your bladder before heading to your seats. Then it doesn’t really matter as much what other people do.

This is why I never push for a sell out or quite frankly a crowd much over 40,000. The facility can't handle it. The experience is much better fan wise if we are closer to 40,000 than 45,000.
Who were the engineers that designed this?

I don’t think it’s a “special strategy” to arrive early and leave late. It’s just common sense. Likewise, it’s common sense to get your drink and snack, and empty your bladder before heading to your seats. Then it doesn’t really matter as much what other people do.
I have a special trough strategy, but I will never share it.

Exactly. And it was promoted for a while that it was going to be packed. People shouldn’t have to be baby sat.

What's the TSA line look like 30 minutes before a normal flight?

What's it look like 30 minutes before your flight the day before Thanksgiving?

You know in advance there will be 10,000 "newbies" trying to navigate the Dome.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Big crowd
Get there a little early
Don’t go for food or drink or restroom during halftime
No Problems

Any packed stadium will have the same situation.

What's the TSA line look like 30 minutes before a normal flight?

What's it look like 30 minutes before your flight the day before Thanksgiving?

You know in advance there will be 10,000 "newbies" trying to navigate the Dome.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
That is true - my only demand is that I don't have 7 people trying to squeeze into my plane row of 3 seats and the flight attendant just ignoring it.

Any packed stadium will have the same situation.
And it’s time we demanded better!
Rise Up Protest GIF by James Thacher

Actually, I commented on how the dome wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thought it was great to have he atmosphere.

Sure there were some lines before the game and halftime but that’s to be expected and is normal at any stadium with fans in it.

Did have to wait a couple minutes during game action at concessions but once again, very normal for a stadium with fans in it.

Think we forget sometimes that when we only have 30k in the dome that’s not a normal stadium experience

Overall I think the Dome and Dome staff get a B+ for Saturday.

I also entered into the stadium shortly after 3 and maybe waited 5 mins to get through security. I was expecting it to be FAR worse

Actually, I commented on how the dome wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thought it was great to have he atmosphere.

Sure there were some lines before the game and halftime but that’s to be expected and is normal at any stadium with fans in it.

Did have to wait a couple minutes during game action at concessions but once again, very normal for a stadium with fans in it.

Think we forget sometimes that when we only have 30k in the dome that’s not a normal stadium experience

Overall I think the Dome and Dome staff get a B+ for Saturday.

I also entered into the stadium shortly after 3 and maybe waited 5 mins to get through security. I was expecting it to be FAR worse
It was definitely better than I expected. The grab and go and roped-off lines make a difference. It only took 40 years to figure that out.

That is true - my only demand is that I don't have 7 people trying to squeeze into my plane row of 3 seats and the flight attendant just ignoring it.

Clearly you haven't flown Southwest recently. :D

For large events, cellular companies will bring in what they call mobile "COWS" to handle extra demand. Connected via fiber carrier ethernet. I've set up many, and for events with over 100k, they work pretty well. (Cellular On Wheels- COW) COWs are very expensive- which is why they are mobile. (And they leave a tech on site)

Have no idea the Dome issues. I'm guessing it may have to go though the schools network. My only experience with it, is getting ping between 150-200ms, which is beyond terrible. Not saying that's the issue, but that's my 1st inkling.

At home, 5G kinda stinks. It only matters when you need speeds over 100mb's. Which is almost never. (3mBs for HD streaming, 15 for 4K) All of my 5G antennas are turned off, because the coverage is very poor.

Wireless service in the Dome is a headscratcher. It could definitely have moments of congestion, but it shouldnt be terrible.