The Atmosphere | Syracusefan.com

The Atmosphere

MadNY3

All American
Wow. The Dome was unbelievable throughout the game. The home field advantage Syracuse has had this year is distinctive.

For all the issues the Dome may have - seats to fit the butt of a two-year old and a 5G experiment to prevent mobile communication - the atmosphere was truly phenomenal. Opposing coaches will hate coming to Syracuse if this keeps up.

the whole crew around me was new people.. almost none had been in the dome since the upgrades. lots of talk. ran into a crew in cortland after the game heading south and they had a great time and told them they need to get back up here for another one.

This was my first game in the new and improved Dome and I was impressed. The center hung scoreboard really makes us unique. I’m not sure they have figured out the best way to use all the video boards and ribbon yet but all that stuff can be ironed out. The Dome was a comfortable temperature, the lighting is cool, and the paint spruced up the place.

I think the blue seat backs are going to be the cherry on the Sunday. No more silver sticking out like a sore thumb. Comfortable seat backs with hopefully a cup holder and we’re cooking with gas.

I’d get season tickets again in a heartbeat if I didn’t have an unpredictable travel schedule for work. I’ll definitely go to another game if I get a chance.

Wish I had been there -- sounds like it was awesome! So I settled for the next best thing, and went to the local Cuse bar here in NYC (East End Bar & Grill). And I had a similar "atmospheric" experience -- this bar has had some incredible crowds over the years for the big SU tourney games in March, but yesterday was the best crowd I ever remember there for a football game -- SU football is officially back baby! Check out the video here of one of the all-time classic chants:

I’d posted before that my cell service has worked fine in the there for years…well, this was my first time with my new phone and 5G - can anyone explain that? I got no service all game - 5G or “Orangehotspot”. Terrible.

Fix that, put the seats in, leave the troughs alone, and have the people that talk on the PA stop screaming in my ears and this will be basically the best place on earth.

Wish I had been there -- sounds like it was awesome! So I settled for the next best thing, and went to the local Cuse bar here in NYC (East End Bar & Grill). And I had a similar "atmospheric" experience -- this bar has had some incredible crowds over the years for the big SU tourney games in March, but yesterday was the best crowd I ever remember there for a football game -- SU football is officially back baby! Check out the video here of one of the all-time classic chants:

You need to make it up to a game! Was it packed there? I wish we would play that song in the Dome, but that wouldn't be PC.

You need to make it up to a game! Was it packed there? I wish we would play that song in the Dome, but that wouldn't be PC.
Yes, very -- in fact, a little too crowded. Was very difficult to order beers from the left (front) side of the bar in the first half (new location). The main bartender spent most of his time in the middle of the bar, and the owner was helping out on the far end because he was also handling the music during the commercials. The regular bartender you would know (Richie) came in at half-time, so it was all good in the 2nd half (he was working the late shift to close the bar at 4am, which is why they staggered his start). I think the 3:30pm start was a contributing factor as well -- wouldn't surprise me if Clemson (despite being a bigger game) has a smaller crowd at Noon (but I will be back there).

And you're right btw--I am overdue for a Dome visit--been way too long! If we are still undefeated for FSU then I'll be up there for sure. Had been contemplating ND, but they are so bad I think it would be a waste of time -- how is it possible to lose to a 1-4 Stanford team at home?

I’d posted before that my cell service has worked fine in the there for years…well, this was my first time with my new phone and 5G - can anyone explain that? I got no service all game - 5G or “Orangehotspot”. Terrible.

Fix that, put the seats in, leave the troughs alone, and have the people that talk on the PA stop screaming in my ears and this will be basically the best place on earth.

I had trouble with the 5G which I’ve never had a problem with and LTE before it. So I switched to WiFi and had no issues at all. I think it’s another one of those things that is impacted by where you sit.

the main thing is that the 5G is an over blown undersevered commidity by many of these companies. They have hit but the capacity in many locations is very low

You left out the nachos and hotdogs man. Don't forget the grub.

I’d trade the seats and the 5G for wider concourses. Heck I would’ve traded a new roof for concourses.

I’d trade the seats and the 5G for wider concourses. Heck I would’ve traded a new roof for concourses.
I had zero issues moving around but I:
1)got inside a solid 30-40 minutes before kickoff, 2) stayed in my seats at halftime
3)and watched the celebration for a few minutes after the game.

But I’ve definitely been caught not being able to move, especially upper level when I have to make a halftime bathroom run. It would definitely be a nice feature for the people just there for the event to have some places to hang out and drink and eat and watch on TV, so they don’t have to bother coming in and out from their seats all game. Could also be very useful for those there with young kids.

Not being able to send a text message consistently is pretty ridiculous. Struggled mightily with that Saturday.

Not being able to send a text message consistently is pretty ridiculous. Struggled mightily with that Saturday.
I got no texts all game….and then a bunch all came in at once at the end right around when the game ended and the crowd was clearing out.

Lol, ridiculous.

I get complaining - but it’s being worked on actively and reports said maybe by the end of the football season

I know, this has been reported on and discussed ad nauseum. Don’t know why people think it’s gonna get better from one game to the next.

I get complaining - but it’s being worked on actively and reports said maybe by the end of the football season
Wifi has always been pointless there, but
I was baffled why 5G is worse than everything else. I had zero problems with cell service there for at least the previous 7-8 years before I had a 5G phone. 5G isn’t even that new though, lol.

Same here. No service.

Last edited:
Wifi has always been pointless there, but
I was baffled why 5G is worse than everything else. I had zero problems with cell service there for at least the previous 7-8 years before I had a 5G phone. 5G isn’t even that new though, lol.

5G is faster, but - it doesn’t go thru structures nearly as well.

I see this w my home modem & router all. the. time.

The Dome is solid concrete & now has a more solid roof.
Not a surprise that 5G is problematic there.

This WILL BE RESOLVED when JMA finishes installing the new system.

To be honest, this shocks me, as does all the Wi-Fi struggles everyone claims to deal with. I have no issue in the dome at all. I’m in the 300s, could that possibly factor in?