The Atmosphere | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Atmosphere

Actually, I commented on how the dome wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thought it was great to have he atmosphere.

Sure there were some lines before the game and halftime but that’s to be expected and is normal at any stadium with fans in it.

Did have to wait a couple minutes during game action at concessions but once again, very normal for a stadium with fans in it.

Think we forget sometimes that when we only have 30k in the dome that’s not a normal stadium experience

Overall I think the Dome and Dome staff get a B+ for Saturday.

I also entered into the stadium shortly after 3 and maybe waited 5 mins to get through security. I was expecting it to be FAR worse

When there is 30k I barely have time to go to the bathroom and get a drink at halftime. The concessions are way too slow when there isn't a crowd. When there is a crowd it becomes even worse. Someone shouldn't miss game time standing in a line that never moves. You don't want the casuals to have a bad experience.

Another great gameday experience inside the dome!

haha I will say though. I did NOT enter through my assigned gate.. Because Gates H & G were PACKED with huge lines so I walked down to Gate B and went up to top entrance (Gate J?) in upper concourse and there was no one there. Took 5 minutes to get to my seat.

Wow. The Dome was unbelievable throughout the game. The home field advantage Syracuse has had this year is distinctive.

For all the issues the Dome may have - seats to fit the butt of a two-year old and a 5G experiment to prevent mobile communication - the atmosphere was truly phenomenal. Opposing coaches will hate coming to Syracuse if this keeps up.

The crowds have been more proactive than I seen, (heard) since the 1980's. They don't wait for something good to happen anymore. They are trying to make it happen. I'm not the only guy shouting with everyone staring at me.

The crowds have been more proactive than I seen, (heard) since the 1980's. They don't wait for something good to happen anymore. They are trying to make it happen. I'm not the only guy shouting with everyone staring at me.

That's more of a grocery store thing for you, I'd imagine. :p

Actually, I commented on how the dome wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Thought it was great to have he atmosphere.

Sure there were some lines before the game and halftime but that’s to be expected and is normal at any stadium with fans in it.

Did have to wait a couple minutes during game action at concessions but once again, very normal for a stadium with fans in it.

Think we forget sometimes that when we only have 30k in the dome that’s not a normal stadium experience

Overall I think the Dome and Dome staff get a B+ for Saturday.

I also entered into the stadium shortly after 3 and maybe waited 5 mins to get through security. I was expecting it to be FAR worse

Agreed. I didn’t think the concourses were overly crowded and I never had to wait in line longer than a few minutes for a beer. Hell, even at halftime I got a beer with literally zero people in front of me in line.

When there is 30k I barely have time to go to the bathroom and get a drink at halftime. The concessions are way too slow when there isn't a crowd. When there is a crowd it becomes even worse. Someone shouldn't miss game time standing in a line that never moves. You don't want the casuals to have a bad experience.
Don’t know where you sit but it was less than 10 minutes. There wasn’t any congestion

What thought was great was the Let’s go orange chant. It’s been a long time

It was a beautiful view from 311. Thankfully, most of my section is season ticket holders. Almost everyone was there by kickoff and into the game from the get-go.

050BC698-C2DC-4B5C-9C3D-FDC111767085.jpeg

Why was 304-307 completely empty at kick-off, (it later partially filled up)?

Why was 304-307 completely empty at kick-off, (it later partially filled up)?

Upper level student seating.

Silly students wanted to party at their Dorms and Frat Houses until 3:15.

Upper level student seating.

Silly students wanted to party at their Dorms and Frat Houses until 3:15.
Do other venues have completely empty sections at kick off because of late arriving students? I am sincerely curious. I have not been to another major college football stadium since 1993.