The biggest Dabo? | Syracusefan.com

The biggest Dabo?

I don't personally like Dabo, he seems like a tool, however I didn't think going for it at that time was the crime of the century. I would love to become Clemson caliber and have a rivalry. One sided "rivalries" are really lame.

I don't personally like Dabo, he seems like a tool, however I didn't think going for it at that time was the crime of the century. I would love to become Clemson caliber and have a rivalry. One sided "rivalries" are really lame.
Well, I guess you are right. It's not looking very good for you next year either.

Should have been Maryland. Clemson fans have obvious reasons to feel superior. Minnesota beat SU in 2009 and 2012 and their fans were upset about going to the same bowl two years in a row and B1G teams with lesser records going to better bowls.

Maryland fans are the DABOs. What has Maryland ever done to feel superior to another team? For that blog to write what it did after SU absolutely curb-stomped Maryland takes pure DABOness.

Yeah, that 41-0 spanking still smarts.

If Dabo loses his coordinators, and it will eventually happen, the Tiger fan base might be calling for his head again. Great recruiter, average (at best) coach.

Btw, I've never had a problem with any of their fans. They seem to be great folks. Now all that might change when the games against them get closer.

Well, I guess you are right. It's not looking very good for you next year either.

Tahj made some throws against us that just left me shaking my head and saying well done. Im not sure your next qb will be capable of the same. Add that and losing Watkins and I think next years game will be closer. Is Beasley back or is he gone as well?

Tahj made some throws against us that just left me shaking my head and saying well done. Im not sure your next qb will be capable of the same. Add that and losing Watkins and I think next years game will be closer. Is Beasley back or is he gone as well?

Concur. We should be better in the secondary and our offense will be light years ahead of last year. I worry about 1st time at their place. Should be fun.

I read that Beasley was coming back. I'm not sure it matters because Hickey is coming back also. He completely neutralized Beasley.

Besides, most our problems during that game were on the defensive side of the ball. The two blown coverages (1st TD to #13 and the TD by their TE #81) still haunt me. Eliminate those two plays and punch-in the two long drives in the 3rd quarter and it might have been a good game. Hopefully we play better down there. Great, great college venue.

Should have been Maryland. Clemson fans have obvious reasons to feel superior. Minnesota beat SU in 2009 and 2012 and their fans were upset about going to the same bowl two years in a row and B1G teams with lesser records going to better bowls.

Maryland fans are the DABOs. What has Maryland ever done to feel superior to another team? For that blog to write what it did after SU absolutely curb-stomped Maryland takes pure DABOness.
I hate Maryland. I for one am glad they're gone come June 30.

They better start selling off assests so they can get that check in the mail. Otherwise, I'm curious what happens when they try and leave without first paying the exit fee.

They better start selling off assests so they can get that check in the mail. Otherwise, I'm curious what happens when they try and leave without first paying the exit fee.
I have the feeling that a fire sale will take place on Maryland's campus very soon.

Understand the general consensus by the old guard regarding Maryland. But for SU, Maryland would have been a good conference mate...fairly close, not quite deep south, and we have some history with them in football, and even basketball to some degree. I for one hate to see them leave the ACC. And I think they are making a B1G mistake.

For the record, I'm pretty sure my writer vote went to UMD. Their rhetoric after the game was nonsense. Looking forward to heading to Clemson next season.

We'll garnishee their wages.

For the record, I'm pretty sure my writer vote went to UMD. Their rhetoric after the game was nonsense. Looking forward to heading to Clemson next season.
My reader vote was Minnesota.

I agree that it will be much closer next year. We do have Deshaun Watson coming in as QB. He is the number 1 dual threat QB in his class I believe.

I'm not saying he will start next year, he probably will redshirt. Our QB Chad Kelly is good as well.

I agree that it will be much closer next year. We do have Deshaun Watson coming in as QB. He is the number 1 dual threat QB in his class I believe.

Death Valley could nullify any advantage that gives us though.

Here's why a Clemson/SU rivalry seems like it will ultimately fail: so far there seems to be way too much joviality between the two fanbases. We seem to like each other too much. You can't have a real rivalry without some actual hate.

So when it comes to the ACC, it's all Pitt and BC as far as I'm concerned, at this point. NC State could join the group though, because F NC State.

jekelish said:
Here's why a Clemson/SU rivalry seems like it will ultimately fail: so far there seems to be way too much joviality between the two fanbases. We seem to like each other too much. You can't have a real rivalry without some actual hate. So when it comes to the ACC, it's all Pitt and BC as far as I'm concerned, at this point. NC State could join the group though, because F NC State.

Before our game next year - head over to Clemson's board. It's like a septic tank.

Plus the manufactured outrage at T.Hunt believing he could actually win - and don't forget Dabo's leaving points on the board arrogance.

The fans here have been cool - but there is plenty not to like. (Sometimes NYers get a bad wrap for being jerks - it could be said some southerners wrap their true identity in syrupy niceness.)