The Bob Knight experiment needs to end | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Bob Knight experiment needs to end

i know, but i have a feeling its the bandwagon side of me comming out. though you guys have the best team this year i think.
Well at least you have a back up team.

I only saw the last few minutes, but he was awful. Didn't know the score, thought you show free throws off a charge. Really really bad.

Disliked him as a coach. Like him as a commentator.

Perhaps ESPN fired him last year, just everyone is too afraid to walk up to him and actually tell him that he has been fired.

he steal jay bilas's stapler?

why you hate old people.. is this you?

ben-stiller-mustache.jpg
Can I trouble you for a warm glass of shut the hell up?

come to think of it- musberger would be a great pairing with knight .. one cant figure out who is winning while the other is reading off cheerleader bra sizes..

i dont hate cuse, i actully like cuse to a certan exstent. but my parents went to uconn, even if i did want to be a cuse fan, that would upset my family.
You know this site is better than boneyard. And upsetting parents is every kids job.

I only saw the last few minutes, but he was awful. Didn't know the score, thought you show free throws off a charge. Really really bad.

Maybe because you can.. do you know the rule..

Maybe because you can.. do you know the rule..

When have there ever been free throws taken off a charge? There certainly weren't any last night when he was talking about it.

any time the charge does not involve the ball.. only player control charges dont shoot.

any time the charge does not involve the ball.. only player control charges dont shoot.

ok sorry, i was using charge and player control foul interchangeably, which may not technically be correct, but i believe is colloquially correct.

The call last night was a player control foul, so Knight was incorrect. So you'd shoot free throws if there was an offensive foul that was away from the ball? (assuming the other team was in the bonus)

Just checked Wiki; it says you never shoot FT for offensive fouls. Will keep digging; but that is what I thought. You'd shoot on a loose ball foul after you took a shot or something, but that's not what happened last night.

I watched games last year where Knight didn't know personnel, rules, and scores routinely. I'm tired of him as well.

Regardless of whether or not he graduated players, I will always consider Bob Knight a bad person. Just an a-hole who used his stature to intimidate and bully people for many years.

I watched games last year where Knight didn't know personnel, rules, and scores routinely. I'm tired of him as well.

The lack of knowledge of players is almost worse.

He simply refers to them as "the kid on Tennessee", the "Ole Miss kid made a smart move", etc... I doubt he puts much pre-game preparation in.

The lack of knowledge of players is almost worse.

He simply refers to them as "the kid on Tennessee", the "Ole Miss kid made a smart move", etc... I doubt he puts much pre-game preparation in.

Totally agree. That's what irks me the most actually. I've seen him talk about players who are sitting on the bench thinking they are involved in the current action. Unacceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom