The Bob Knight experiment needs to end | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Bob Knight experiment needs to end

ok sorry, i was using charge and player control foul interchangeably, which may not technically be correct, but i believe is colloquially correct.

The call last night was a player control foul, so Knight was incorrect. So you'd shoot free throws if there was an offensive foul that was away from the ball? (assuming the other team was in the bonus)

Just checked Wiki; it says you never shoot FT for offensive fouls. Will keep digging; but that is what I thought. You'd shoot on a loose ball foul after you took a shot or something, but that's not what happened last night.

You're right. Charge = player control foul, no? I've never once heard any other definition for those terms - pretty certain they're the same thing. All other offensive fouls (moving screen, etc.) aren't player control fouls. And they can result in free throws.

I like Knight's announcing a lot, though Poppy's "take 30 seconds to deliver a point, which has been rendered moot since five plays have happened since he began to talk" is a legitimate gripe and a bit tedious. Hope Knight's well. He's still better than 90% of his colleagues, including every one of those young broadcast journalism types, each of whom wants to emulate the Sportscenter folks and speaks in cliches.

I like Knight's announcing a lot, though Poppy's "take 30 seconds to deliver a point, which has been rendered moot since five plays have happened since he began to talk" is a legitimate gripe and a bit tedious. Hope Knight's well. He's still better than 90% of his colleagues, including every one of those young broadcast journalism types, each of whom wants to emulate the Sportscenter folks and speaks in cliches.

I'm not sure I agree with that. We're taling about a guy who, during the UK/Vandy game, didn't know what the shot clock was.

I watched games last year where Knight didn't know personnel, rules, and scores routinely. I'm tired of him as well.

He has slipped since he started doing this. I will give you that.

I'm not sure I agree with that. We're taling about a guy who, during the UK/Vandy game, didn't know what the shot clock was.

He makes mistakes, seems oblivious at times, no doubt about it.

If one of Knight's players ever put in as little prep time as he does the player instantly would be kicked off the team.

It's odd that Knight just keeps on publicly embarrassing himself.
You'd think he'd be the kind of guy who cares about his image.
Apaprently, he doesn't see how awful he is on the air and, of course, no one he works with would dare tell him.

There is a simple formula for being liked:
Say good stuff about SU and you get Knight'ed..
Talk smack about SU and you get Gottlieb'ed.

i dont hate cuse, i actully like cuse to a certan exstent. but my parents went to uconn, even if i did want to be a cuse fan, that would upset my family.
1. You don't need to tell them... yet
2. Wear some Orange gear under your Yukon threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom