the "boeheim can't recruit" crowd right now | Syracusefan.com

the "boeheim can't recruit" crowd right now

"Coach Boeheim has had that job for more than 40 years,’’ Anselem said. “He knows what he’s doing. He’s a Hall of Fame coach. He’s won a national championship. He knows what he’s doing. If you have a guy like him calling you and telling you that he believes in you, you have to listen.’’

I thought JB's age and longevity worked against him...

"Coach Boeheim has had that job for more than 40 years,’’ Anselem said. “He knows what he’s doing. He’s a Hall of Fame coach. He’s won a national championship. He knows what he’s doing. If you have a guy like him calling you and telling you that he believes in you, you have to listen.’’

I thought JB's age and longevity worked against him...
Been real impressed with Frank - kid seems mature and a great interview

mistakes were made.gif

The past two days have been the most fun I’ve had on here since I joined March 2019. Winning cures everything I guess :p

The past two days have been the most fun I’ve had on here since I joined March 2019. Winning cures everything I guess :p
You should have been around in 2005. The 2007 class came together early and it seemed like one after the other.

JB is getting Dior, Cruz, and Westry in 2022. Benny and Mac in 2021. These are Dior’s “buddies”.
I appreciate the optimism but I don’t see how your first sentence happens. With a freshman Dior and a senior JG3, they both will get at minimum 30 minutes each in the back court. Kadary will be a monster and an upper classman who will get most of those left over minutes. I do believe Westry can/will play the 3, so that’s fine. Him and Benny will start at the 3 and 4. It’s hard to see a ton of minutes for Zion in that scenario unless:

1) he’s willing to have a smaller role year 1, then year 2 he starts with Kadary. But he’s a top 25 kid, so that’s a lot to ask that he come in and not get a lot playing time year 1.

or

2) Kadary can play the back of the zone and becomes a super sub, freeing up more minutes for Zion up top behind Dior/JG3.

FWIW, a 2023 starting backcourt of senior Kadary and sophomore Roddy Gayle would be filthy.

"I knew then that I wanted to go there,'' Williams said. He said attending the camp allowed him to gain an appreciation for "the legacy of coach (Jim) Boeheim and what he built there. I knew I wanted to be part of it.''

These kids really appreciate JB. I love it!!!
He's not getting older, he's getting better.

I appreciate the optimism but I don’t see how your first sentence happens. With a freshman Dior and a senior JG3, they both will get at minimum 30 minutes each in the back court. Kadary will be a monster and an upper classman who will get most of those left over minutes. I do believe Westry can/will play the 3, so that’s fine. Him and Benny will start at the 3 and 4. It’s hard to see a ton of minutes for Zion in that scenario unless:

1) he’s willing to have a smaller role year 1, then year 2 he starts with Kadary. But he’s a top 25 kid, so that’s a lot to ask that he come in and not get a lot playing time year 1.

or

2) Kadary can play the back of the zone and becomes a super sub, freeing up more minutes for Zion up top behind Dior/JG3.

FWIW, a 2023 starting backcourt of senior Kadary and sophomore Roddy Gayle would be filthy.

Dior and Zion don’t need college but want the experience for a year. Westry is cool playing here for 2 years.

Dior and Zion don’t need college but want the experience for a year. Westry is cool playing here for 2 years.
If Zion is only a 1 year kid it makes even less sense for him to come here. If he was ok being 2 and done then I can totally see it. I just don’t see a lot of playing time behind JG3 and Dior, and Kadary will be a junior. If Zion is one and done I assume he’d wanna go somewhere to play 30mpg

Boom, Its like a light went on and either the staff or top 100 recruits remembered Syracuse is 6 in all time wins, play in the biggest venue in CBB, premier conference, etc

Exactly, no one, and I mean no one, can say our recruiting had been great prior to this, and our record over the last few years proved that. We are Syracuse, we play in front of the largest on-campus crowd and are in the best bball conference in the Country. No reason we shouldn't be pulling in 4 stars like this on a regular basis with a few 3 stars sprinkled in and a 5 star every now and again. This is great.

If Zion is only a 1 year kid it makes even less sense for him to come here. If he was ok being 2 and done then I can totally see it. I just don’t see a lot of playing time behind JG3 and Dior, and Kadary will be a junior. If Zion is one and done I assume he’d wanna go somewhere to play 30mpg

Zion will get his minutes backing up both guard spots. Richmond might not even be here in 2022. He’s that good.

Zion will get his minutes backing up both guard spots. Richmond might not even be here in 2022. He’s that good.
He won't be...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom