The bottom line | Syracusefan.com

The bottom line

cuseguy

Living Legend
Prepare for an up and down season.

By our standards, more down than up.

This shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Recruiting has generally been down.

We’ve lost a handful of top recruits that would have likely elevated the program.

Young players are being forced into key roles too early.

Girard and Buddy would be nice role players on a good team.

So would Marek and Sid.

We’re not athletic.

We’re not physical.

We’re a lot like the football team.

We’re soft.

We’ll see improvement this year.

We’ll see games — against lesser talented and athletic teams — when we shoot well and excel.

Oklahoma State obviously wasn’t one of those games. Penn State probably won’t be as well. Maybe Iowa as well. And Georgetown, too. And a good portion of the ACC schedule.

But I’ll never give up hope. And I’m not trying to be a downer. Just a realist.

Go Orange!

We need to play inside and then outside. We will be fine if we can do that.

Quoting Donna Ditota, I think she nailed it.
Elijah Hughes collected his third foul trying to defend in transition with 4:46 left in the first half. He was then ushered to the Orange bench. At that point, Hughes had scored 11 points in 15 minutes and after Thomas Dziagwa made two free throws, the game was tied at 26. With Hughes on the bench, OSU outscored the Orange 17-5 to close out the half. That stretch basically set the tone for the rest of the game: SU applied full-court pressure a couple minutes into the second half.

We need to play inside and then outside. We will be fine if we can do that.

Quoting Donna Ditota, I think she nailed it.
Elijah Hughes collected his third foul trying to defend in transition with 4:46 left in the first half. He was then ushered to the Orange bench. At that point, Hughes had scored 11 points in 15 minutes and after Thomas Dziagwa made two free throws, the game was tied at 26. With Hughes on the bench, OSU outscored the Orange 17-5 to close out the half. That stretch basically set the tone for the rest of the game: SU applied full-court pressure a couple minutes into the second half.

Playing inside will be easier said than done.

I’m sure that’s been a goal for the staff to this point.

But it’s tough when you’re PG is a freshman and you don’t have any inside presence. Foul trouble will be an issue against more athletic, physical teams, and that will be a good portion of the schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom