The Brooklyn Dodgers | Syracusefan.com

The Brooklyn Dodgers

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
The Brooklyn Dodgers were my team growing up. My life could have been so much easier if I were a Yankee fan like my mother and babysitter were. But I choose to root for the Bums through thick and thin until they left my beloved Brooklyn. I still followed my favorites on the team, Snider and Reese but I slowly weened away from them. I have no regrets that I traded away Mickey Mantle rookie cards for Duke Snider commons. I was one of the fortunate kids whose mother didn't throw away his baseball cards. When my son was 12 years old I passed them down to him. There are more Dodger cards than any other team.

In 2007 HBO did a wonderful show on the Dodgers. In it I learned a lot of Dodger history and why they moved. I learned that Robert Moses, the NYC Construction Coordinator, was a force who had much to do with O' Malley's decision to pull up stakes and head for Los Angeles.

In the film the story is related that O'Malley was so hated by Brooklyn Dodger fans, after the move to California, that it was said, "If you asked a Brooklyn Dodger fan, if you had a gun with only two bullets in it and were in a room with Hitler, Stalin and O'Malley, who would you shoot? The answer: O'Malley, twice!"

Enjoy!

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 1

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 2

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 3

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt 4

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 5

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 6

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt. 7

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt 8

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush.Pt 9

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt.10

Brooklyn Dodgers Ghosts Of Flatbush Pt.11

The Barclays Center in Brooklyn is being built approx where the New Ebbets Field was supposed to go.

If you liked that, you'd love this:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Brooklyn-...YQB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335018905&sr=8-1

It's a five hour series ESPN did some years back coveirng the same territory. Each hour long segment covers part of the post war history of the Brooklyn Era of the team as well as the biography of an individual players, except for the last segment, which doesn't focus on a player. The first four cover Pee Wee Reese, Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider and Roy Campanella. I think they also should have "done" Gil Hodges and that Campanella should have been the guy on the alst show as his accident seemed to symbolize the demise of the Brooklyn Dodgers. But you can't have everyhting. This series has everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom