The Buddy Boeheim Appreciation Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

The Buddy Boeheim Appreciation Thread

It would be silly to write off Carey at this point, just as it was silly to write off Boeheim at the end of December. The kid clearly has the athleticism to be an impact player on both ends once he figures it out and the game slows down for him. We'll be seeing a Jalen Carey appreciation thread before long.
Hey, nobody's perfect.

I am so glad this got bumped! What a tournament Buddy had!

I was talking to my bro in Wisconsin last night (fervent Duke fan but who always supports us) and he said, “I’ve always ragged on Buddy, tried not to like him. But I gotta tell you, yesterday he completely won me over. He’s a fantastic player and he always has a smile on his face. I’m a Buddy fan now.”

Talk about eating crow i think i should eat a whole flock of them. Buddy has turned himself into a very good basketball player. He has by all accounts worked beyond what most players ever do to hone his game and increase his athleticism. If he continues to improve he has a legitimate chance to play for money. Maybe not in the NBA but at a very high level. Add in the fact that he comes across as such a nice young man and he is everything anyone could ever hope for.

Buddy is coming off screens loaded to shoot with no hesitation. He has been a little tentative in the past thinking he had to be wide open to shoot. He took a couple of handoffs from Marek yesterday and just let it go.

He's going to be one of the most hated ACC players by his senior year.
Even by fans of other teams.

Always thought he was playing hard and his best when he was getting knocked severely here.
His game really came together when it most mattered down the stretch.
That's what hard work and experience can do.

I am so glad this got bumped! What a tournament Buddy had!

I was talking to my bro in Wisconsin last night (fervent Duke fan but who always supports us) and he said, “I’ve always ragged on Buddy, tried not to like him. But I gotta tell you, yesterday he completely won me over. He’s a fantastic player and he always has a smile on his face. I’m a Buddy fan now.”

OMG, Buddy was Mr. Clutch in that UVA game! He just willed in baskets at certain key points in the 2nd half. What a game! Oh, so close.

I standby my takes in this thread. Been saying it for 2 years. Thanks for the bump.

Buddy is a weapon and shouldn’t have to carry the offense.

I standby my takes in this thread. Been saying it for 2 years. Thanks for the bump.

IMO, Buddy is approaching "Peak Andy Rautins". He needs to grab a few more boards and a few more steals. But Buddy has been a player who has gotten better every season. What a terrific guy to have on the team! Who's his dad?

Rodney.jpg

Who were the candidates for President the first time you could vote?
Millard Fillmore. Der a gee, our best offensive player shouldn't carry the scoring load. You got any other coaching insights to pass along to Boeheim.

Millard Fillmore. Der a gee, our best offensive player shouldn't carry the scoring load. You got any other coaching insights to pass along to Boeheim.
Serious question. Who were the candidates for President the first time you could vote.
It doesn’t ask you for your exact age just a range.
If you are older I will let it go.
I’ll answer my own question it was Bush-Kerry for me.

Serious question. Who were the candidates for President the first time you could vote.
Carter VS Ford a real choice there. I was on my dads shoulders when he pulled the lever for JFK. My mom told me before he voted, make sure he votes for Kennedy

I'm old, euthanize me. I want Buddy to shoot more. He's hitting 3's at 50%+. Shoot from 40 feet. Maybe his average will go down to 42%.

Carter VS Ford a real choice there
I would respect you then and just let it go.

If somebody wants to troll me and they are younger i’ll give it back.
When it’s someone my parents age I let it go.

Hence I asked my question. I really don’t know whom I dealing with in Cous hence I asked him.

I'm old, euthanize me. I want Buddy to shoot more. He's hitting 3's at 50%+. Shoot from 40 feet. Maybe his average will go down to 42%.
I like Buddy. I liked him 2 years ago.

I won’t go hard when I deal with someone my parents age or older(if I know they are that age)It’s called respect.

So I will let the trolling go.

I see Buddy as a championship winning player but not the lead piece.

buddy may transfer out to UMass. That is the rumor...I just started
Let Buddy shoot from anywhere he wants. He's Buddy Buckets for crying out loud. Shoot, Buddy Buckets, Shoot. Shoot us to the promised land.

Last edited:
Buddy is coming off screens loaded to shoot with no hesitation. He has been a little tentative in the past thinking he had to be wide open to shoot. He took a couple of handoffs from Marek yesterday and just let it go.

I love the hand-offs. The screen is already there from the guy making the hand-off and the shooter is already squared to the basket.

By the way: Nixon-McGovern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom