The Carrier Dome temperature | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Carrier Dome temperature

There are holes in the teflon. It can get quite cold on windy days. Basketball court often gets slippery. Home court advantage.

Of course, Big East $ only allowed us to use duct tape. Hoping ACC $ allow us to patch with something that will hold a little longer.

Of course part II, this post probably made Townie mad. This is a serious place for serious discussions. You kids want to joke around, then you go down to the pizza parlor with the other convicts, not in my house!

I never complain about the Dome ... ever. That's because I actually sat in Archbold and lost all sensation in my buttcheeks many times. (I watched rain clouds cirulate around the "Vale of Onandaga" and then dump cold rain on the crowd.

Seriously, the level of complaining on this board and even on the basketball board is at an all time high. Many of the posters bitch about everything continually. Nothing escapes the grinding, relentless negativity. The FB coaches. The schedule. The recruits. The players. The offensive schemes. Play-calling. The facilities. SU's commitment to the program. Etc., Etc. Even on the BB board, some of the same people constantly harp on the problems and shortcomings (and we are #2).

I sometimes wonder if there is anything these people like about SU and why and how they consider themselves fans.

Kind of like Wake? :confused:
No. I agree Wake seemed the exception but I think they had some big fatties who were not in shape and were worn down in the end. But I do recall games against other teams...NC State comes to mind... where it was hot as hell and SU had a tough time.

I never complain about the Dome ... ever..

I love the Dome and hope we never leave. Keep making updates, add an atrium to the north side facing the geology building, renovate the interior to bring it up to the standards of modern arenas, add HD video boards to each end and ribbon boards. No reason it can't be made into a state-of-the-art facility again. It's the perfect size, perfect location, and it's still a great recruiting tool for basketball and can be for football again.

Thanks for stopping by. They're just messing with you.

The Dome is ridiculously hot and humid for early season football games. We've taken advantage of many a poorly conditioned team who came in expecting an air conditioned venue only to spend 3 hours playing football in a sauna. Ironic that a building named after an AC company has no AC. As the season wears on, it cools down a bit, but it's never exactly cool in there.

During the winter for practices etc. it is relatively cold in the Dome. Brisk. Chilly.

This thread:

my first game was the last at ole archie-had some bricks and grass and what ever else i could grab-

now i just have the ticket stub

also had a first dome game shirt-lost that

I never complain about the Dome ... ever. That's because I actually sat in Archbold and lost all sensation in my buttcheeks many times. (I watched rain clouds cirulate around the "Vale of Onandaga" and then dump cold rain on the crowd.

Seriously, the level of complaining on this board and even on the basketball board is at an all time high. Many of the posters bitch about everything continually. Nothing escapes the grinding, relentless negativity. The FB coaches. The schedule. The recruits. The players. The offensive schemes. Play-calling. The facilities. SU's commitment to the program. Etc., Etc. Even on the BB board, some of the same people constantly harp on the problems and shortcomings (and we are #2).

I sometimes wonder if there is anything these people like about SU and why and how they consider themselves fans.

You ever see Boeheim stop bitching about the team when they were undefeated? You can always do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom