The Chewie appreciation thread | Syracusefan.com

The Chewie appreciation thread

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
He doesn't turn us into a top 20 team but with the weakness of the league and the void we have at the 5 - his rim protection alone improves our D, and he preserves Marek from manning the 5. He had a year to play correct? Perfect case of be grateful what we have.....

Oh god not appreciation threads. The downward spiral is here

No, stop this.

he fouled the same as Bourama, and was a less competent scorer/rebounder.

I award you no points.

He doesn't turn us into a top 20 team but with the weakness of the league and the void we have at the 5 - his rim protection alone improves our D, and he preserves Marek from manning the 5. He had a year to play correct? Perfect case of be grateful what we have...
In order for him to be allowed a 6th year of college, he would have had to petition for the NCAA to give him a medical redshirt for the 2016-2017 season when he played in 7 games before his injury to his eye.

He's a 24 year old dude who is playing basketball professionally in Switzerland. I'm quite certain had he wanted to play another year at SU, he would have started the process with the NCAA. He did not.

And for anyone who is curious, he's currently 9 pounds less than he played at for SU.

In order for him to be allowed a 6th year of college, he would have had to petition for the NCAA to give him a medical redshirt for the 2016-2017 season when he played in 7 games before his injury to his eye.

He's a 24 year old dude who is playing basketball professionally in Switzerland. I'm quite certain had he wanted to play another year at SU, he would have started the process with the NCAA. He did not.

And for anyone who is curious, he's currently 9 pounds less than he played at for SU.

Exactly. The 6th year was no guarantee since the full year he sat out was his choice to transfer in addition to the season he only played 7 games.

Eh. Kid played hard and had a couple great games in big spots. Will never forget his performance in that Duke win.

But I’d say he was very marginally better than Sidibe. His shot blocking and ability to alter shots would help this team because we are so bad defensively elsewhere, but overall I don’t think this team is much different with him.

Put a center who can defend, rebound, and score (Christmas, Melo, AO, Jackson, even Watkins) on this team and it probably makes a big difference.

Eh. Kid played hard and had a couple great games in big spots. Will never forget his performance in that Duke win.

But I’d say he was very marginally better than Sidibe. His shot blocking and ability to alter shots would help this team because we are so bad defensively elsewhere, but overall I don’t think this team is much different with him.

Put a center who can defend, rebound, and score (Christmas, Melo, AO, Jackson, even Watkins) on this team and it probably makes a big difference.

He was pretty great defensively in the 2018 tournament.

Yup.

And its sad a healthy Sidibe with zero injury issues this year is nowhere near as good bc Chukwu was not a superstar or anything but he did protect the rim well.

little know fact: my rap name is "chewblocka the chewbacca-sized shot stoppa"...i know its too long but i just cant change it

my album is $17.50 u can find it at best buy...

theres a skit about the time chukwu turned a 6 inch from the rim wide open dunk attempt into a foul on chukwu...super crazy tripped out music...probably shouldnt smoke weed before listening to it...just a friendly warning

really.gif

9 lbs lighter... Or maybe they don't alter weights and heights on the Swiss rosters...

He doesn't turn us into a top 20 team but with the weakness of the league and the void we have at the 5 - his rim protection alone improves our D, and he preserves Marek from manning the 5. He had a year to play correct? Perfect case of be grateful what we have...
l really hoped that Chewy would stay one more year.

And its sad a healthy Sidibe with zero injury issues this year is nowhere near as good bc Chukwu was not a superstar or anything but he did protect the rim well.

Their ceiling was to be a poor man's BMK(boy how I miss him), and even he was a very poor man's somebody...but really loved that SOB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom