The City of "Greenesboro" | Syracusefan.com

The City of "Greenesboro"

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
North Carolina loves to hate on Jimmy B ...

"OK, so who wants to break the news to Jim Boeheim that the city of Greensboro is changing its spelling to Greenesboro in honor of basketball ref Tony Greene?

The job likely will come with a perk - a free sport coach, size 46 long, hand delivered by the Syracuse coach."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/now-it-s-destination-greenesboro-for-boeheim/13423681/
Might be delivered by hand but whatever is size 46 is going somewhere else.

There's nothing in Greensboro, might as well be the equivalent to Utica...good 'ol boys vs. Mafioso. :)
Exactly right. I live in a suburb of Charlotte, and find Greensboro an odd choice. I have heard the problem with Charlotte is that's it's too small at 17K. What does the Greensboro location hold?

Exactly right. I live in a suburb of Charlotte, and find Greensboro an odd choice. I have heard the problem with Charlotte is that's it's too small at 17K. What does the Greensboro location hold?

Been here in the Charlotte burbs for over 20 years now...they've held the ACC Tournament in Charlotte on occasions, went to some games in '08...Time Warner Arena holds about 19K for hoops...

Anybody living in Syracuse can't really talk smack about other areas. Syracuse is a hole.

KellySyracuse said:
sounds like a Syracuse.com comment. And where my friend are you from, the land upon high?

No, from Syracuse.

No, from Syracuse.
that's terrific, do you actually still live within the city limits or a suburbs resident? Or do you no longer live here at all? Cause it would actually stink if you currently lived in the city and had that attitude - stink for those of us that actually work to try and make it a better place to live.

KellySyracuse said:
that's terrific, do you actually still live within the city limits or a suburbs resident? Or do you no longer live here at all? Cause it would actually stink if you currently lived in the city and had that attitude - stink for those of us that actually work to try and make it a better place to live.

Lived here for 26 years, lived in south Florida for 7, have been back for 2. Heading back to Florida in a few weeks. I stand by my original statement.

At least at the Carrier Dome you can walk to good spots nearby to hang out, you can't do that from the Coliseum. The atmosphere we're used to at MSG (spill out into bars/pubs, restaurants, etc) will be non-existant in Greensboro. That's why I hope it gets moved ASAP. Even all the ACC fans complaining about a possible move would come around within 1-2 years once they saw the alternative, IMO.

Lived here for 26 years, lived in south Florida for 7, have been back for 2. Heading back to Florida in a few weeks. I stand by my original statement.

Well then I guess it's good you're leaving. I don't agree but then I'm a pretty optimistic person and tend to see the good things and actually work to make the bad things better. Others would rather bitch and complain.

Anybody living in Syracuse can't really talk smack about other areas. Syracuse is a hole.

We are talking about Greensboro not Syracuse! It makes no sense to have the ACC tournament in this part of NC. The only answer is Charlotte. NC is about midway for teams traveling from fla and New England. It has a major airport that is a hub to us air. It has an NBA arena with nightlife around it. It would make all NC teams have to travel and stay over night. 8 teams are with in a 4.5 hour drive

In defense of Jim Boeheim's comments about Greensboro. It really sucks there. Sorry to anyone who lives there...JMO. Why the ACC tournament is not in Charlotte or Raleigh is beyond stupid.
Agree 100%, Greensboro has nothing to offer. Charlotte is the city to be in for North Carolina.

We are talking about Greensboro not Syracuse! It makes no sense to have the ACC tournament in this part of NC. The only answer is Charlotte. NC is about midway for teams traveling from fla and New England. It has a major airport that is a hub to us air. It has an NBA arena with nightlife around it. It would make all NC teams have to travel and stay over night. 8 teams are with in a 4.5 hour drive

And, an awesome array of Steakhouses; Del Frisco's Double Eagle, Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, The Palm, Flemings, Sullivans...etc., etc. :)

23,500 for hoops.

Not just hoops, the ACC tournament. The Greensboro Coliseum was built for the sole purpose of hosting THE ACC tournament. Hands were shook and all that, but as a monument to college basketball, the GC is hard to beat.

Find a nice hotel in Charlotte or the Triangle... it's a short drive.

Back to the OP--what a stupid article. But I love how all of the ACC teams now feel like they are unified in alignment against us.

Still fighting the war of northern aggression.

Not just hoops, the ACC tournament. The Greensboro Coliseum was built for the sole purpose of hosting THE ACC tournament. Hands were shook and all that, but as a monument to college basketball, the GC is hard to beat.

Find a nice hotel in Charlotte or the Triangle... it's a short drive.

Just because hands were shook does not mean Greensboro is the best place for ACC tourney. Things change like the ACC. Stale old Greensboro doesn't need to be the site anymore