The City of "Greenesboro" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The City of "Greenesboro"

Not a steak to be had in Greensboro? Next thing you know, I am going to find out it is in a dry county and there is no ginger ale either.

I thought it was bad dealing with no subway and homeless people/windshield washers. Do they have power and indoor plumbing? Do I have to learn how to ride a horse?

Most importantly, what kind of BBQ is served in this rich soiled, honeysuckle laden outpost? Is it vinegar based?

Fear not. There is a Ruth's Chris and Flemings in Greensboro. ;)

And just for you Tom...
The Ginger Ale Authority is a Greensboro, NC based non-profit organization that promotes healthier and better tasting soft drinks by providing consumer-based information to the public. Anyone can access the organization’s information at anytime through their website (http://www.GingerAleAuthority.com) or by contacting them by email (ContactUs(at)GingerAleAuthority(dot)com).

Last edited:
Actually the writer, who is at a Raleigh Channel so what do you expect, is obviously ignorant of history in that the city is named after General Nathaneal Greene who won a turning point battle against Cornwallis in the Revoutionary war there. So yeah, the name of the city should be Greenesboro.

There is a brewery in Greensboro called Natty Greene's that attempts to capitalize on his fame. Unfortunately they make very poor beer.

CuseLegacy said:
Fear not. There is a Ruth's Chris and Flemings in Greensboro. ;) And just for you Tom... The Ginger Ale Authority is a Greensboro, NC based non-profit organization that promotes healthier and better tasting soft drinks by providing consumer-based information to the public. Anyone can access the organization’s information at anytime through their website (http://www.GingerAleAuthority.com) or by contacting them by email (ContactUs(at)GingerAleAuthority(dot)com).

Ruth's Chris = heaven

I asked this girl where she wanted me to take her for our first date. She said Ruth's Chris, didn't know anything about it. Went there once and was hooked. Ended up being my first date spot every time.

I don't think we need to trash either Greensboro or syracuse. Both cities are poor choices for the acc tournament... most are pushing for a larger market