The City of "Greenesboro" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The City of "Greenesboro"

Here is what I know about Greensboro: The place where my brother had his wedding reception, stopped having wedding receptions when we were done. Wimps!!!!

The Greensboro Colosseum is a great place to watch a basketball game, and the ACC tournament atmosphere at the games is typically great. As far as basketball goes, there's no problems at all.

But the lack of things to do around the arena and city is a big problem for traveling fans like us. UNC, Duke, Wake, and State fans don't care. They can just drive home. If it's going to stay in NC, they've gotta get it in Charlotte where there's a number of bars and restaurants near the arena.

Lived here for 26 years, lived in south Florida for 7, have been back for 2. Heading back to Florida in a few weeks. I stand by my original statement.
Well that just sucks. I move to Florida and then find that Igor is here somewhere. Now you.

I stand by this statement!

What did I ever do to you tiger? lol
You probably disagreed with me once. Too old to remember it, just a gut feeling. Plus this team has me happy but drained and I didn't play a single damn minute. Simple minded humor is my only relief at this point and all I'm capable of.

That may be so, but it's our hole.

Our hole.

Is that a quote from that movie they made in Syracuse where people were smoking and a "freak talks about" something?

Last edited:
Lived here for 26 years, lived in south Florida for 7, have been back for 2. Heading back to Florida in a few weeks. I stand by my original statement.

Good please stay there.

Just because hands were shook does not mean Greensboro is the best place for ACC tourney. Things change like the ACC. Stale old Greensboro doesn't need to be the site anymore

Oh, I agree -- but the mortgages have to be paid first.

What did I ever do to you tiger? lol

Truth be told, when I first decided to move it was to FL also, but the friend who recruited me decided on CO instead and I regretfully followed sometime later. Who knows, maybe at some point I will be joining you guys.

As for NY in general, if we learned anything from our founders it's that taxes(wealth redistribution at the point of a gun) and big government were something that ultimately crush a citizenry, and NY's long been a champion of fighting what our founders stood for. I haven't heard about NC in awhile, but the last I heard they were headed the other way, hence their prosperity. But that's off season talk, lest we be chided.

Truth be told, when I first decided to move it was to FL also, but the friend who recruited me decided on CO instead and I regretfully followed sometime later. Who knows, maybe at some point I will be joining you guys.

As for NY in general, if we learned anything from our founders it's that taxes(wealth redistribution at the point of a gun) and big government were something that ultimately crush a citizenry, and NY's long been a champion of fighting what our founders stood for. I haven't heard about NC in awhile, but the last I heard they were headed the other way, hence their prosperity. But that's off season talk, lest we be chided.

Taxes, weather, lack of anything to do, crappy roads, the women aren't nearly as attractive, people aren't as friendly here, and no palm trees. I love it way too much down there. I actually enjoyed watching games at bars down there more with other Cuse fans than I do with a lot of the fans here. Maybe it was sitting at an outside bar in shorts watching the only sport I like knowing how crappy the weather was up here. Who knows.

Taxes, weather, lack of anything to do, crappy roads, the women aren't nearly as attractive, people aren't as friendly here, and no palm trees. I love it way too much down there. I actually enjoyed watching games at bars down there more with other Cuse fans than I do with a lot of the fans here. Maybe it was sitting at an outside bar in shorts watching the only sport I like knowing how crappy the weather was up here. Who knows.

I'm scared to ask what the cost of living is like though? But yeah I lived a very short time in Hawaii and know what you mean about the weather and women, and I'm not sure I could have done it if I wasn't staying with people. Of course East Coast NFL games started at 7am, so that was rough.

I just watched the Duke game at a 'Cuse bar here in Denver, and it was cool how everyone was suddenly my friend just because of my shirt and hat...the common roots and all. I wish you the best of luck with your move and would be happy if I were down there or someplace like it. Not knocking CNY, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

I'm scared to ask what the cost of living is like though? But yeah I lived a very short time in Hawaii and know what you mean about the weather and women, and I'm not sure I could have done it if I wasn't staying with people. Of course East Coast NFL games started at 7am, so that was rough.

I just watched the Duke game at a 'Cuse bar here in Denver, and it was cool how everyone was suddenly my friend just because of my shirt and hat...the common roots and all. I wish you the best of luck with your move and would be happy if I were down there or someplace like it. Not knocking CNY, it will always hold a special place in my heart.

You can actually live comfortably in South Florida without a lot of cash. When I first moved down I had pretty much nothing and survived off a job paying less than 30k a year. I ended up finding a much better job but while I wasn't making a lot I didn't have any financial problems at all and had a nice one bedroom.

I have a friend who lived in Hawaii making a very nice wage, it's almost as expensive as living in Manhattan. Yikes.

I wouldn't be shocked if the cost of living in Denver was a lot more than West Palm Beach.

Well that just sucks. I move to Florida and then find that Igor is here somewhere. Now you.

I stand by this statement!
Geez, I hope my visiting Sarasota next week won't curdle the milk in your cereal. ;)

two3zone said:

Florida. Nice place to visit.

sounds like a Syracuse.com comment. And where my friend are you from, the land upon high?
It may be a hole, but its our hole and I love it. There are no Northeast rust belt cities that are not run down. Just a fact of life.

It may be a hole, but its our hole and I love it. There are no Northeast rust belt cities that are not run down. Just a fact of life.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find it comical that this thread was hijacked by someone who felt the need to disparage the city of Syracuse and then went on to post that we're ugly and mean. It was a classic Syracuse.com post of not adding anything positive to the conversation. It must suck to be miserable.

And when you can get 900 people to show up at an epic old time theater to watch SU play on a big screen I think that's pretty damn cool. Hey look at that, there is something to do here you know besides going to actual college basketball and football games ;)

KellySyracuse said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find it comical that this thread was hijacked by someone who felt the need to disparage the city of Syracuse and then went on to post that we're ugly and mean. It was a classic Syracuse.com post of not adding anything positive to the conversation. It must suck to be miserable.

Wow, how's the weather up there on your high horse?

You're proving my point exactly by coming in here and trying to slap me at every opportunity that you can. Who's the miserable one?

Somebody comes in here and trashes Greensboro and I come in and say we shouldn't really throw stones and you get up on this Syracuse is great kick.

I'm sorry, love the town all you want, good for you, but the city is in shambles and all you have to do to see that is go somewhere else for a little bit. Christ, your I love Syracuse video has boarded up buildings or abandon buildings and empty streets throughout the whole thing.

North Carolina loves to hate on Jimmy B ...

"OK, so who wants to break the news to Jim Boeheim that the city of Greensboro is changing its spelling to Greenesboro in honor of basketball ref Tony Greene?

The job likely will come with a perk - a free sport coach, size 46 long, hand delivered by the Syracuse coach."

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/now-it-s-destination-greenesboro-for-boeheim/13423681/

Actually the writer, who is at a Raleigh Channel so what do you expect, is obviously ignorant of history in that the city is named after General Nathaneal Greene who won a turning point battle against Cornwallis in the Revoutionary war there. So yeah, the name of the city should be Greenesboro.

Actually the writer, who is at a Raleigh Channel so what do you expect, is obviously ignorant of history in that the city is named after General Nathaneal Greene who won a turning point battle against Cornwallis in the Revoutionary war there. So yeah, the name of the city should be Greenesboro.
And fittingly, Nathanael Greene was also from the North - Rhode Island.

Wow, how's the weather up there on your high horse?

You're proving my point exactly by coming in here and trying to slap me at every opportunity that you can. Who's the miserable one?

Somebody comes in here and trashes Greensboro and I come in and say we shouldn't really throw stones and you get up on this Syracuse is great kick.

I'm sorry, love the town all you want, good for you, but the city is in shambles and all you have to do to see that is go somewhere else for a little bit. Christ, your I love Syracuse video has boarded up buildings or abandon buildings and empty streets throughout the whole thing.

I actually like the weather here and I'm not on a high horse. Have I once trashed anything about Greensboro or Florida? No. My posts have been about sticking up for the place that I call home. I actually travel the east coast frequently, there are plenty of great places out there. I just happen to like it here.

By the way do you think that other people that are considering moving to Syracuse to maybe play basketball read these forums?

You can stop trying to deflect from your original statement now by calling me miserable. Your posts stand on their own.

And, an awesome array of Steakhouses; Del Frisco's Double Eagle, Capital Grille, Morton's, Ruth's Chris, The Palm, Flemings, Sullivans...etc., etc. :)

Not a steak to be had in Greensboro? Next thing you know, I am going to find out it is in a dry county and there is no ginger ale either.

I thought it was bad dealing with no subway and homeless people/windshield washers. Do they have power and indoor plumbing? Do I have to learn how to ride a horse?

Most importantly, what kind of BBQ is served in this rich soiled, honeysuckle laden outpost? Is it vinegar based?