The Cn TE throwback wasn't really the traditional SU throwback | Syracusefan.com

The Cn TE throwback wasn't really the traditional SU throwback

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Did anyone notice that? The old SU TE throwback was a throwback to the same side TE that the qb rolled to with the TE getting lost in the scrum and moving to the opposite side of the field. Maybe an upgrade of the play as it breaks faster that way. Another thing of note was the great pass blocking (at least in the first half) of Gulley to fill the gap and take on the blitzing LB. Bravo.

Also on the broadcast they announced something I hadn't realized that there's more ranked BE teams right now vs. with the B10 and ACC combined. Should I be happy or sad about that? :) And Nassibs throw on the long one to Lemon was NFLesque. One of the best throws I've ever seen.

The announcer seems to think that Broyld is the qb for next year and went so far as to say the offense they've put in this year is with him in mind for next year and that "people" are making Cam Newton references as to the type of player he is or could be. Hmmm, wonder where I've heard that before, from his mouth to God's ears...

And lastly Paul Pasqualoni is nothing but a class act and great person.

They remaked on how it was unusual to not be near the goal line when throwing it. The first time I recall seeing it was at the 1987 Pittsburgh game and we threw it from deep in our territory and got about 40 yards out of it. It turned the game around in our favor, as I recall.

They remaked on how it was unusual to not be near the goal line when throwing it. The first time I recall seeing it was at the 1987 Pittsburgh game and we threw it from deep in our territory and got about 40 yards out of it. It turned the game around in our favor, as I recall.
yeah we all knew we'd see it sooner or later or at least a version of it which is what occurred. It's a great play and it's interesting to see it used other places as well knowing (well at least I'm assuming I know) that it started with P+D here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom