The Coach's Show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Coach's Show

You don't have an M. Night Shyamalan quote for this situation? You quoted him so extensively yesterday. And it was such compelling stuff.

Wait...what did I miss?

JB cracks me up. Sorry, but I love that stuff. The thing I like about it most is that he is a really smart guy obviously but he always has a unique way of delivering these catch phrases and what not. I mean somehow he got from "if i told you to jump off a bridge, would you?" to "let me know how you enjoy jumping off a bridge with others."

Hubby and I were at Delmonico's last night courtesy of 2 sons, my daughter-in-law and 2 of my 4 granddaughters. Was disappointed (not in the food of course) but because the show can't be listened to within the restaurant or at least we couldn't hear anything. JB , Matt Park etc are situated in an alcove within the breezeway between the 2 sections of the restaurant. The girls were so excited to see him and when we turned our heads to the right while walking through - there they were doing the show and JB gave us a huge grin. Well Erin, our loyal little SU fan granddaughter made the suggestion of Delmonico's in the first place because of JB's show. She was so surprised and star struck seeing him and knowing that he saw her (how did she know that the big grin wasn't just for me :)) , that she got a bit unnerved and started pulling me back towards the exit. Breanna, my younger granddaughter, was pulling me towards him though saying - there's Jim Bo (long O) heim, grandma. It wasn't a good opportunity, he was doing a radio show and I certainly didn't want to bother him and like Erin I was a bit unnerved too. I sure wouldn't make a good stalker.

I guess I had imagined all these years that coach and his fellow radio announcers would be sitting at a table within the restaurant surrounded by people listening to the show while munching who were maybe writing down questions to ask . It's totally separate from the restaurant activity and he's alone with the radio crew sitting in an alcove with his back to the wall sitting at a table. The show certainly doesn't intrude on peoples' eating experience, you wouldn't realize he was even there unless you were looking for him. It was interesting and at least I got to listen to some of it when we rode home. Fun time, great dinner with the family and a big grin from JB - a good evening. Thanks SWC for each weeks' synopsis.

Yes and as the early gap widened Wenzel listed the advantages of going man to man with more conviction. And they did seem to make sense. The way he was saying it made it feel in order to turn the tide, this is what he has to do, and he better do this quick.

Please try to remember this: The highlight of Bob Wenzel's coaching career was being fired by Rutgers.

We came back because we went to the press. The zone didn't suddenly flip a switch.

the hard thing about writing on a message board is that you always assume a certain level of basketball knowledge. but then you're the one who thought college and nba teams play on a different sized court, so that goes out the window.

that full-court press is a zone. and going to it is almost the definition of the zone suddenly flipping a switch.

Hubby and I were at Delmonico's last night courtesy of 2 sons, my daughter-in-law and 2 of my 4 granddaughters. Was disappointed (not in the food of course) but because the show can't be listened to within the restaurant or at least we couldn't hear anything. JB , Matt Park etc are situated in an alcove within the breezeway between the 2 sections of the restaurant. The girls were so excited to see him and when we turned our heads to the right while walking through - there they were doing the show and JB gave us a huge grin. Well Erin, our loyal little SU fan granddaughter made the suggestion of Delmonico's in the first place because of JB's show. She was so surprised and star struck seeing him and knowing that he saw her (how did she know that the big grin wasn't just for me :)) , that she got a bit unnerved and started pulling me back towards the exit. Breanna, my younger granddaughter, was pulling me towards him though saying - there's Jim Bo (long O) heim, grandma. It wasn't a good opportunity, he was doing a radio show and I certainly didn't want to bother him and like Erin I was a bit unnerved too. I sure wouldn't make a good stalker.

I guess I had imagined all these years that coach and his fellow radio announcers would be sitting at a table within the restaurant surrounded by people listening to the show while munching who were maybe writing down questions to ask . It's totally separate from the restaurant activity and he's alone with the radio crew sitting in an alcove with his back to the wall sitting at a table. The show certainly doesn't intrude on peoples' eating experience, you wouldn't realize he was even there unless you were looking for him. It was interesting and at least I got to listen to some of it when we rode home. Fun time, great dinner with the family and a big grin from JB - a good evening. Thanks SWC for each weeks' synopsis.

Is this what it looked like?

http://www.suathletics.com/news/2010/11/11/BoeheimShow11.11.10.aspx

That's from two years ago when it was at Red Robin in Fayetteville (where Marrone's show is now).

"James can make steals and he sometimes rebounds but he needs to make shots. He should stop thinking of just making threes. He’s a very good shooter from 10-12 feet. We run plays for him to set up threes. I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Sometimes it does put a little extra pressure on him. But he’s a college player and he should be able to handle that. He’s confident. He’s just missing shots."

SWC,

Next week, how about asking JB if he runs any plays for James to set up the 12-footer? Maybe that'll get him going.-VBOF

That's from two years ago when it was at Red Robin in Fayetteville (where Marrone's show is now).

I wonder if people could see them and maybe hear them when the show was at Red Robin.

"James can make steals and he sometimes rebounds but he needs to make shots. He should stop thinking of just making threes. He’s a very good shooter from 10-12 feet. We run plays for him to set up threes. I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Sometimes it does put a little extra pressure on him. But he’s a college player and he should be able to handle that. He’s confident. He’s just missing shots."

SWC,

Next week, how about asking JB if he runs any plays for James to set up the 12-footer? Maybe that'll get him going.-VBOF

Fans can call the show from 1-888-7GO-CUSE, (1-888-746-2873) or 315-424-TK99, (315-424-8599), or E-Mail the coach from the Radio Mailbox link on the front page of SU Athletics.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom