The Cortica Jug is going to be really something this year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Cortica Jug is going to be really something this year

Why are they playing this in the Meadowlands?

Way cooler to have the local rivalry game/party(let’s be honest, that’s all anyone in college ever cared about), at home isn’t it?

Way cooler to have the local rivalry game/party(let’s be honest, that’s all anyone in college ever cared about), at home isn’t it?

They didn't. It was in Yankee Stadium, before 40,000 fans.

They played at Met Life in 2019 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of college football. They were the only D3 teams chosen to participate. It set a single game attendance record for a D3 game with over 45,000 people in attendance. Naturally, Ithaca won. I'm not sure what the impetus was for having the game at Yankee Stadium. It's really a bad venue for a football game. My friends hung with IC class of '91 grad David Boreanz before the game and the weather was perfect. Of course, Ithaca won...again. They drew over 40,000 for this one too. It seems like a good time was had by all. I doubt pulling the games out of Cortland and Ithaca will become the norm.

They played at Met Life in 2019 to celebrate the 150th anniversary of college football. They were the only D3 teams chosen to participate. It set a single game attendance record for a D3 game with over 45,000 people in attendance. Naturally, Ithaca won. I'm not sure what the impetus was for having the game at Yankee Stadium. It's really a bad venue for a football game. My friends hung with IC class of '91 grad David Boreanz before the game and the weather was perfect. Of course, Ithaca won...again. They drew over 40,000 for this one too. It seems like a good time was had by all. I doubt pulling the games out of Cortland and Ithaca will become the norm.
That’s what I was wondering. Seems like they already have a great tradition that all of the students can be a part of. Moving it to NYC every year would be a bummer IMO, but if it’s a once every so often thing that’s different.

That’s what I was wondering. Seems like they already have a great tradition that all of the students can be a part of. Moving it to NYC every year would be a bummer IMO, but if it’s a once every so often thing that’s different.
Agreed. I don't see it becoming a frequent occurrence. That being said, as an Ithaca alum, I know many people who went to those games who more than likely wouldn't have gone if they were held in Cortland or Ithaca. If they plan on doing something like this again, once every 10 years is more than enough.

292F08C6-E237-4038-9EC4-3AA4903A6268.jpeg
I interrupt this Cortaca Jug hoopla to say Go Wheaton!

This dude is now a second year OL for the Thunder, who open the D III playoffs with Bethel at home on Saturday.

He’s also still the biggest Cuse fan on campus, including a couple of Shrader’s high school teammates from Charlotte who dot the Wheaton roster.

Picture is from The Fine Mess tailgate at Wake Forest when AJ Long led us to victory. Mscuyahogacuse with the cameo in the background on the left.

His Dad coached at Buff St so I’m sure it just came down to offers
more than that. His dad played for IC as QB of the first team to go to the National title game in 74.. Also coached and was AD for Buff st for 34 years. And also was assistant coach for IC for 9 years.

The Dome is a perfect option for this game but from what I understand both schools are opposed due to concerns about drunk driving on the return trip on 81. Friends go every year and said in their opinion Meadowlands was a ton better atmosphere and set up than Yankee for what that is worth.

The Dome is a perfect option for this game but from what I understand both schools are opposed due to concerns about drunk driving on the return trip on 81. Friends go every year and said in their opinion Meadowlands was a ton better atmosphere and set up than Yankee for what that is worth.

If they are going to get drunk coming back from Syracuse, weren't they drunk coming back from NYC?

I was at both. Ithaca grad here. MetLife was better, but both were great atmospheres.

Have fun against Mount Union.

If they could score some points it would a minor victory. Great experience for Utica To see the Mount Union program, who knows, maybe shock the world.

is Randolph - Mason, Mason - Dixons brother?

There should be a league with Randolph-Mason, Fairleigh-Dickinson, Franklin and Marshall, Emory and Henry, Washington and Jefferson, Washington and Lee, Case-Western, Hardin-Simmons, Mary Hardin-Baylor, Hampden-Sydney, Baldwin-Wallace, Carnegie-Mellon, Claremont-Mudd, Pomona-Pitzer and Rose-Hulman.

If they could score some points it would a minor victory. Great experience for Utica To see the Mount Union program, who knows, maybe shock the world.

Well, they did score...

2022 Division III football playoff schedule

Congrats to the Bombers, who will likely face North Central, the #1 ranked team, next. (The Bomers are #10).

The cardinals were the 2019 national champs and played for the title last year. Of course, the Bombers have played for the title 7 times and won it 3 times but that's before any of these kids were born.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom