the crane the crane | Page 103 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Agree. Now is a natural time to switch to individual seats and in a perfect world, that is what we would do.

But as upper says, it isn’t as simple as changing out benches for individual seats.

When this is done, we will lose capacity. That means people are going to be assigned to different seats than they have now; worse seats for almost

Many have already paid for seasons for football. You have to tell people beforehand and let them understand the impact and decide where they want to seat post change. This impacts everyone and needs to be done from the best to worst seats, in a very time consuming, tedious manner. The timing for our resource constrained AD is terrible.

And then there are possible legal issues that come up when doing something like this. This exercise will have to wait until later. It is unfortunate but this is how it is to be.
Most ticket legalese says that your seat can be moved at any time to a comparable or better section. It's not a terribly hard process on the back end either.

Most ticket legalese says that your seat can be moved at any time to a comparable or better section. It's not a terribly hard process on the back end either.
If you care about your customers, you want to handle the process of forcing them to change their seats in the best way possible. It is going to be a tough thing to do. I believe John Wildhack and his crew will handle it in the right way. Even under the best circumstances, a lot of people are going to be unhappy with the changes.

That doesn’t always go over well with the patrons. Imagine sitting next to friends for 20 years and then you get relocated miles away from your friends and next to some guy who beats on air vents.

I wonder if SU will sell off some of the vents along with pieces of the old roof. I suspect that one of our own might be interested in such memorabilia, right sutomcat? ;)

If I paid for Preferred B Basketball tickets, and I find out I'm being relocated to a C or D seat, there isn't enough legalese that can make it right.

Yeah, as some of the ensuing posts suggests...not a cool thing to do if you care about your customers, nor is it likely a good time to indirectly be implying the "only game in town" mentality.

If I paid for Preferred B Basketball tickets, and I find out I'm being relocated to a C or D seat, there isn't enough legalese that can make it right.
I said comparable or better, not comparable or worse. No one's saying they're going to take your lower level seat on the 40 and move you to upper level on the 20.

That doesn’t always go over well with the patrons. Imagine sitting next to friends for 20 years and then you get relocated miles away from your friends and next to some guy who beats on air vents.

I wonder if SU will sell off some of the vents along with pieces of the old roof. I suspect that one of our own might be interested in such memorabilia, right sutomcat? ;)
they will be. Unfortunately (just my opinion) it will be through Steiner. Which means I can't just get a cheaper little piece. It'll be mounted on a plaque or something.

I said comparable or better, not comparable or worse. No one's saying they're going to take your lower level seat on the 40 and move you to upper level on the 20.
Beat case scenario, going to individual seats is going to reduce seating capacity by 10%. If they decide to add premium seating at the same time, which is typically for this kind of change, it will be considerably worse than that.

it is not possible to reduce seating capacity like this and provide comparable or better options for everyone. Everyone is going to get a haircut here. It is just a question of how bad the haircuts will be.

For football, it shouldn’t be that bad. For basketball, it is going to be really painful. If they convert the 200 level to private boxes, it is going to be awful to deal with.

when you change all the seating in the roll out section there is no place to put that 10-20% that will lose that spot. unless of course they fix the rollout with something better which they could have done long ago but chose not too.. Or they can go up with a few more rows and some creative seating behind the current rollout.

when you change all the seating in the roll out section there is no place to put that 10-20% that will lose that spot. unless of course they fix the rollout with something better which they could have done long ago but chose not too.. Or they can go up with a few more rows and some creative seating behind the current rollout.

I'd imagine an expansion and improvement of the rollout seating takes care of it.

Beat case scenario, going to individual seats is going to reduce seating capacity by 10%. If they decide to add premium seating at the same time, which is typically for this kind of change, it will be considerably worse than that.

it is not possible to reduce seating capacity like this and provide comparable or better options for everyone. Everyone is going to get a haircut here. It is just a question of how bad the haircuts will be.

For football, it shouldn’t be that bad. For basketball, it is going to be really painful. If they convert the 200 level to private boxes, it is going to be awful to deal with.

Assuming they replace every 34 seat bench section with 30 actual seats, we'll lose approx 800 lower level seats for basketball. That's a lot of Preferred customers who will get kicked upstairs.

I’m not sure all preferred A and B seats are sold for season tickets purposes.

My guess is there is more wiggle room than you think to accommodate the shifting of season ticket holders.

Single game seats may be less available, which is exactly what you want.

That would be an upgrade for me

looks like a ;arge chunck of skylar is now down so that seems to be progressing

Yes, the entire boom was removed last week and is off site, they're preparing to move the crane to the new pad.

8ADFDCC9-C078-4922-9E9A-E4066196BEF5.jpeg

It looks like Walt’s awake. ;)

After lousy seasons in football and basketball, this isn't the year to change the seats (and charge more). Hopefully next year they can do it following winning seasons and bowl/March Madness games.

After lousy seasons in football and basketball, this isn't the year to change the seats (and charge more). Hopefully next year they can do it following winning seasons and bowl/March Madness games.

Uh, if they're going to the trouble to REMOVE all the seats, and then put them back in again, it would be absurd to then REMOVE them all again, so they could then replace them, in a year or 2.
Either it gets done now, or it likely won't be happening for quite some time.

Knowing how Syracuse typically rolls when it comes to spending, I'm gonna bet on the latter.
(even though the smart play would be to replace them NOW, rather than do this process 2x)

Uh, if they're going to the trouble to REMOVE all the seats, and then put them back in again, it would be absurd to then REMOVE them all again, so they could then replace them, in a year or 2.
Either it gets done now, or it likely won't be happening for quite some time.

Knowing how Syracuse typically rolls when it comes to spending, I'm gonna bet on the latter.
(even though the smart play would be to replace them NOW, rather than do this process 2x)
Who said they were removing all the seats?