the crane the crane | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

The Earth, which is the third planet from the Sun, takes 24 hours to rotate. This is what causes day and night. As the Earth rotates, it also moves, or revolves, around the Sun.
I think it's time to cable the crane...
We need you to stop the Earth's rotation this afternoon so we can see what they are doing on Forestry without all the dark shadows from the buildings, actually can you spin us back about six hours to remove the shadows. I'd ask tomcat but he's busy drinking ginger ale.

Does anyone have any idea what is planned for the area where Walt is? Are they going to replace with the same kind of thing we had before?

Well there you go - how a large cranes boom gets up! The wheeled axle is being used as sort of a dolly walking the end of the boom up the street.

Last edited:
11BA5241-5CFE-43DB-A8E3-9166FF7A524B.jpeg

Sunday finale...

so how much more can Walt move and still do anything on the west side.. they cant do much more counterwieight stuff or it wont be able to spin.. lost of pieces where will they go next.. can we start another pool for that?
I think Walt can cover the west side fine, then will move away from the dome a twitch and reach partway along the south side, but Skylar will have to cover more of the south side than Walt...

More back stay work taking place under Walt’s nose to start the day.
Unclear if much else will happen today.
I’m guessing that there will be good spiral and girder action starting tomorrow.

I suppose with live sports getting closed off to spectators that removes the pressure of the dome roof

I suppose with live sports getting closed off to spectators that removes the pressure of the dome roof
Has that been decreed by Syracuse Athletics or are you saying it is something that is likely to become inevitable?
I'm supposed to fly out for a FL vacation this weekend and I'm seriously considering cancelling

Screenshot from 2020-03-09 12-34-08.png

The Lawrinson camera is a bit jittery today.
It looks like there may be some backstay work occurring on the South East corner as well.

Seems to be trending that direction.. Columbia and now Princeton going to oline type courses for the rest of the semester and kids should stay home if possible after break.

Has that been decreed by Syracuse Athletics or are you saying it is something that is likely to become inevitable?
I'm supposed to fly out for a FL vacation this weekend and I'm seriously considering cancelling
I wouldn't cancel unless you are elderly or have a compromised immune system, you've got about the same odds of catching/dying from the flu.

I wouldn't cancel unless you are elderly or have a compromised immune system, you've got about the same odds of catching/dying from the flu.

For people under 50 (ok, that ain't me) and those who do not have compromised immune system, recovery rate is well over 99%.
Being a 1%er here would suck.

Naturally, for 50+ peeps (me & Mrs. 721) , and those with weakened immune systems (Mrs 721 & our teen daughter) the risks are somewhat greater.

That said, I'm still not overly concerned.
Basic standard sanitary procedures can reduce the risks substantially.

The cranes continue to have the day off while backstay work continues on the South West corner.
Still hoping for a spiral & girder pairing tomorrow.