the crane the crane | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Not sure it is a good thing they are putting the yellow brackets back on the most recent 2 spirals... hope I’m wrong

Heading to Adam's facility I bet
When the Brooklyn Bridge was built, leftover cable was cut into short lengths and sold as souvenirs. They put a little clamp on each end and a little tag in the center with wording as to its source. Wouldn't hurt to do the same with Carrier Dome cable...

That dude walking on the girders...no way you could pay me enough to do that.

That's weird. If I go to SyracuseU's youtube page, the only live stream is for another building.
Yeah. I can get the Dome Roof livestream on my computer, but when I search for it on my Smart TV the only livestream I find is for the Veteran's building. I don't know why.

Yeah. I can get the Dome Roof livestream on my computer, but when I search for it on my Smart TV the only livestream I find is for the Veteran's building. I don't know why.
I had that problem and discovered that I had enabled restricted mode on YouTube for my kids and that was blocking the Dome Roof cam (oddly)

The goal is to avoid disruption of the game schedules so I think there is no doubt they will continue with that plan. In addition, there are money considerations.

If there is no games or the games are played with no crowd why not getter done. I understand there is more to it I was just wondering if they are looking into this as a possibility.

It looks like they are cutting the cables for the old roof into relatively short, manageable lengths and shipping them out. Looks like whatever they are using to cut those huge cables is really good at cutting. They go through them like a knife through butter.
lightsaber.jpg

the project is welll over $9b right now which is even crazier. Think the LA times posted something about how far over budget they are and when it’s all said and done it was going to be about $10-11 billion
And in 12 years they'll knock it down and build another one for $30 billion.

It looks like they are making some slight adjustments to the corner truss. I believe I read that they are using some kind of survey(?) transom to keep everything aligned. They have people on different roofs to make sure everything is where it’s supposed to be.

It seems like we have a meeting of almost all the cranes except Skylar at the southwest corner of the Dome. Walt is involved holding up the girder of interest at 12:51 P.M. while crew walk on a scaffold just below at the apex of three spirals the arrowhead if you will. The subject of what they are doing is classified.

The crew in the basket of a TBL is now descending after working on something on the bottom of the last girder and the previous one above the west wall. I couldn't tell exactly where the scaffold ended and where thin air was but one of the crew closest to the basket was getting out going onto the scaffold getting back into the basket/platform/bucket, (take your pick), but it was going to be a long way down if he missed his step - he didn't so all is good.

To repeat some of what tomcat said the white crane inside the Dome is working very quickly today ridding the interior of the remainder of the white cables cutting them in half and then going up to the high seats row and cutting them loose. Great job - they're almost gone and it looks a heck of a lot better with them missing. Looks like the op has two or three more and that project is finished.

Forestry, I am guessing Irving because I can't see it, the yard, can't most of it and everywhere else is very quiet and vacant. Maybe a late lunch today?

Frozen in time - it's 1:47P.M. and if you looked at this view right now you would think they have stopped the project. Nothing is moving no crew nada nobody.

A - HA. Something is moving - the white crane is now on the Forestry side of the interior of the now empty Dome and is removing pieces of cable from this side so there are more pieces of cable than is obvious to the eye.