the crane the crane | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Walt is slowly releasing the tension he has released and is working with one of the crew to take the brown (sleeves) that were around the hoist wire keeping tension on the girder and away goes his hoist block.

Here is the forecast for tomorrow. A day to see a few spirals go up top :

Day 4/4

55°Hi

Partly sunny and milder

Max UV Index: 4 Moderate

Wind: WNW at 6 mph

Wind Gusts: 9 mph

Probability of Precipitation: 14%

Probability of Thunderstorms: 0%

Precipitation: 0.00 in

Rain: 0.00 in

Snow: 0.0 in

Ice: 0.00 in

All cranes and TBL's are parked in their allotted spaces for day's end and night. It was a terrific day for the crew and the Dome and SU Craniacs everywhere.

All cranes and TBL's are parked in their allotted spaces for day's end and night. It was a terrific day for the crew and the Dome and SU Craniacs everywhere.
Actually it looks like Walt is still at it. Perhaps offloading?

cloudy.png

spiral on the east side going up.
They should get the other one up today as well.
I see some activity around one of the Orange cranes in the South West corner as well.

I would hope we would get another spiral up on the southwest side. The girder near the overhead door doesn't appear to prepared, so unless their is another girder laying around I'm not sure if another girder will be going up there.

There's a crane on the North side of the Dome, we'll have to see what it's up to.
There's a spiral on a truck near Skylar. I expect it to go up to complete the supports for the latest girder on the South East corner.

Their is also the crane inside of the dome moving stuff around and appears to be hanging the stuff over the third level. New cables perhaps?

The activity @ 12:00 P.M. Walt has rotated from his usual resting position facing Crouse to the newest girder on the southwest side. I can't see whether he has anything due to his hoist lines being up too high out of view.
The TBL with crew is positioned halfway up the last spiral over Forestry just above the backstay waiting for? The crane in the Dome's boom is moving can't see what the op is doing as that is out of view and Walt just rotated back to resting position. I don't think Walt has anything attached to his hoist block.

The TBL is retreating to earth - maybe it is time for the crews lunch.

The TBL is retreating to earth - maybe it is time for the crews lunch.
He dropped off 2 guys and at base of crown truss and they walked over to the other worksite on the east side. I happened to be zoomed in and watched them.

Current Weather

12:18 PM

53°

Cloudy

UV Index: 1 Low

Wind: SW at 7 mph

Wind Gusts: 7 mph

Humidity: 68%

Dew Point: 43° F

Pressure: 30.05 inHg

Cloud Cover: 95%

Visibility: 10 mi

Ceiling: 1400 ft

He dropped off 2 guys and at base of crown truss and they walked over to the other worksite on the east side. I happened to be zoomed in and watched them.
Took a P break so I missed it.

It's vacant, dead calm in the waters around the Dome. Nothing is moving and the crew is having lunch wherever they do that.

The activity @ 12:00 P.M. Walt has rotated from his usual resting position facing Crouse to the newest girder on the southwest side. I can't see whether he has anything due to his hoist lines being up too high out of view.
The TBL with crew is positioned halfway up the last spiral over Forestry just above the backstay waiting for? The crane in the Dome's boom is moving can't see what the op is doing as that is out of view and Walt just rotated back to resting position. I don't think Walt has anything attached to his hoist block.
I hate to be critical of someone who's worked so hard and so diligently in the past, but in the last couple of days, has anyone noticed Walt getting a little lazy? There;s just not the same vigor; the same sense of urgency. He let the white crane lift one of his spirals the other day. Maybe he's got problems at home? Maybe Skylar's outshone him and he's recoiling? He just doesn't seem the same anymore.

I hate to be critical of someone who's worked so hard and so diligently in the past, but in the last couple of days, has anyone noticed Walt getting a little lazy? There;s just not the same vigor; the same sense of urgency. He let the white crane lift one of his spirals the other day. Maybe he's got problems at home? Maybe Skylar's outshone him and he's recoiling? He just doesn't seem the same anymore.
It's a cloudy day, not been great weather lately maybe he's depressed despite getting the girder up yesterday.