the crane the crane | Page 167 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

1AC0AF6A-2DD8-44CF-8481-FAD4651B619D.jpeg
F86F682A-9AF2-49CB-8C54-1D72D3C3CF9D.jpeg
DEE3E289-EEBD-4E47-BCC8-A2C1A4ECCF98.jpeg
F779C4A0-E172-497C-887E-CB61F51ADF02.jpeg

Other than the girder next to the overhead door, I don't see another girder in Walt's yard.

Other than the girder next to the overhead door, I don't see another girder in Walt's yard.
I was just wondering where the next girder was besides the one next to the door but it would have to be in storage as I don't / can't see anymore with this view.

probably 1 last delivery of girders coming this week early in the week

Including the girder by the door, I think seven more girders will finish the truss. Not sure what is at Skylar's end, so we may need more than one delivery.

Quiz of the day! There are two TBL's (telescopic boom lifts on Forestry right now. They both sit in what looks like a gray tray on both sides. Does any one know why they are used, ie., to secure the tires and thus the lift and what are they called? Anyone? Just want to increase my knowledge of cranes and lifts. Googled but cannot find

Delivery or just a move another Spiral appeared under walt
Just went back to look. Neither spiral was there Friday when the two girders were being placed around 9 A.M.

Awfully busy around the second TBL on Forestry plus there is what looks like a yellow hose or pipe laid out on the side walk across Forestry.

interesting as to why they would be messing around on top of the spiral if they dont plan on a girder today.

The two TBL's: one's platform is up resting on the edge of the Dome wall - its op is out discussing something with another crew below the new spiral - the other TBL's platform was raised above the height of the spiral and is now descending to the backstay across from the new spiral.

Still don't know what the yellow thing is on the sidewalk across from the dome on Forestry. But, they have it coned off along its length and around the TBL its closest to.

Welding was briefly taking place on the walkway near the base of the new spiral.

OK/since it is a really quiet day, let's have a real quiz. Boo! I know the answers to most but not all. If nobody responds I will consider this a really down day and it is what it is - maybe I will learn something more.

What type of crane is Walt? (clue - it rhymes with trawler)
What are the orange vehicles called that lift two men skyward to work on the backstays, spirals?
See that spiral? How long does it have to be attached with cables to the backstays until it can be released and be on its own and how is it attached to the bulding?
How are the girders attached to each other?
How many girders are left to install?
How many spirals will it take to finish the Crown Truss?
How many girders will it take to finish the Crown Truss?
What is the syracusefan.com name of the person that posts a pic of the sunset every day?
How many facts does tomcat have in his closeout beneath his post about Syracuse sports?
Do all of the girders have railings?
How tall is it from the ground to the top of the Dome wall?

That's it! 11 questions my dog could answer. The winner gets - you guessed it - EVERYTHING! Plus a seat next to PS to let him know how to position a camera. IF no one participates in this they get NOTHING. upperdeck is my pick to get this totally correct. Copy paste. :vomit: