the crane the crane | Page 284 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Great post I agree. I'm in facade engineering there are so many cool things you can do with exterior panels. I sort of think its best that they can do that face lift afterwards and make a good decision. Take your time and don't just let the architect pick something chose what you want as the owner and doing it after you've seen the roof will be better.

We'll do this when we put some cool lights on the roof and all that.

Yeah no doubt I completely agree. And again I'm still really excited about the new roof look and can't wait to see the final product. Never had really thought about the facade until seeing these pics now.

I don’t think they will do anything with the facade anytime soon. If the plan is to eventually extend the concourses, and expand the footprint of the building, anything they do to the outer walls will get lost when they make these changes anyway.

Right on. Makes sense it would be down the road.

Legacy - are you trying to make us jealous of your posts of beautiful sunsets. You are. I think as long as this project lasts somehow you will find a way each night to out do the night before. Thank you again for another
sunset.

I don't know what is more astonishing; all of those great pics of those stunning sunsets, or the fact that there have been so many of them viewable during the duration of this project, along with numerous gorgeous sunny days to boot? According to the present view of the cam shot, it again appears to be just a wash, rinse & repeat of another sunny/gorgeous day in the 'Cuse. :)

Last edited:
We’ve got steel going up on a Sunday. Let’s hope they can get it done today

Great post I agree. I'm in facade engineering there are so many cool things you can do with exterior panels. I sort of think its best that they can do that face lift afterwards and make a good decision. Take your time and don't just let the architect pick something chose what you want as the owner and doing it after you've seen the roof will be better.

We'll do this when we put some cool lights on the roof and all that.

I want a statue in each alcove! :cool::confused:

We’ve got steel going up on a Sunday. Let’s hope they can get it done today
There are dozens of workers on the east end of the roof. I watched them from the red hawks camera. I assume once the blue underlay gets completed all those workers will work on the insulation panels. I didn’t think it was going to happen, but I think they’re going to make the deadline.[/QUOTE]

I want statues of all the greats, art monk, joe Morris, mcnabb, Csonka, Mackey, Freeny, Harrison...etc..etc..Make it a shrine also help with recruiting.
Think of everything we aren’t gonna do because money IS an object. What you propose wouldn’t be cheap. Cool yes.

I agree with sutomcat that changing the exterior is senseless if they indeed have a plan for change.
that said, what’s the beef? You know the old roof was white too. No one complained then.

Where did I say I had a beef?? I had an observation.. lighten up..

Where did I say I had a beef?? I had an observation.. lighten up..
Easy now. Wasn’t necessarily directed at you, just a general question as it has been brought up numerous time in the pages how the white clashes with the “drab” concrete.

Easy now. Wasn’t necessarily directed at you, just a general question as it has been brought up numerous time in the pages how the white clashes with the “drab” concrete.

All good here. I couldn't be more thrilled with how things are coming so far. With the roller coaster look plus the new roof the difference just popped more to me that the dome itself always has. As for others raising the issue I guess I missed that.

I want statues of all the greats, art monk, joe Morris, mcnabb, Csonka, Mackey, Freeny, Harrison...etc..etc..Make it a shrine also help with recruiting.
Why does everyone always want statues? There's a million other things that would be a better use of our money before we get to statues. Plus the concept of statues in itself is pretty odd, and putting up statues for some of the folks in your list would be problematic...

Why does everyone always want statues? There's a million other things that would be a better use of our money before we get to statues. Plus the concept of statues in itself is pretty odd, and putting up statues for some of the folks in your list would be problematic...
Besides, it is not the best time to be a statue in this country.

I’m more in favor of a petting zoo. And it would be neat if they found a place for an old fashioned taffy pulling machine somewhere on the lower concourse.

I’m more in favor of a petting zoo. And it would be neat if they found a place for an old fashioned taffy pulling machine somewhere on the lower concourse.

1598211551598.png

Instead of statues, SU could put huge banners/posters all along the exterior of the building. It would also cover up some of the ugly walls. You see these banners everywhere in the NBA advertising their best players.

You do realize this why people hire architects?

Absolutely.

Just stating that doing it separate from the massive roof project is probably a good thing and its cosmetic not load bearing or structural. We might be more willing to get paneling that's $10/sq ft vs $4/sq ft in a couple years once the roof is done and if things are back to normal. The exterior skin of the dome has to be about 500,000 sq ft.

They could make the Dome look really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom