the crane the crane | Page 310 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Looks like they were testing the lights last night. Looking back it looked like they were cycling colors.

View attachment 187920
Nice catch. Here’s more evidence ...

5CB52810-14ED-4667-8B5D-6A85A014ADCB.jpeg
689A7B0A-1A8C-4E7F-A4D1-E2C4B06B1337.jpeg
A5C8111E-83BC-49B9-A8D1-3FB1A945EA03.jpeg
B00C91E4-34B1-4546-8738-BA492A9FF689.jpeg

Morning update:

Yes, they definitely were testing the lights around 6:30-7:00 AM this morning.

When they turn up the intensity, it is going to be really really bright in there. Wow. Saw greens and yellows clearly. I think they were using red too but it didn't pick up well on the camera in the morning light.

Note the gaps between the PTFE panels that were installed recently. I think right now they are connecting them securely and making the new panels water tight.

Regarding progress, I think there are 80 PTFE panels all told. As of this morning, I think at least 29 panels stilll need to be installed. A bunch of them are small ones where the north-south and east-west lines of arcs divide panels into two pieces.

Based on recent progress, which picked up as expected when the full crew went on the job, it looks good for them to finish this by the end of the week.

A couple of other notes:

They did something inside that generated a lot of smoke this morning. It came from the exhaust pipes between the elevators in the SW corner. I think they have been there before the renovation started. I believe I have seen smoke coming out of them in November. Anyone know what they are?

Also, a large number of white containers have appeared surrounding the elevator shafts in the SW corner. No idea what they are but I would guess they are related to finishing the roof. It looks like there are about 80 of them. I think we have 80 PTFE panels. Maybe these are some kind of a cover? A final touch to finish the PTFE section? Or maybe they are rolls of field turf? Or are related to rebuilding the base floor before the field turf gets installed? I think the turf has padding underneath it. Could be that.

It will be interesting to see what they are and where they go.

They have to be getting close to the point where they want to clear the dome floor of all the equipment there and start working on getting the floor rebuilt and ready for field turf installation. Let's keep an eye out for cranes and other stuff leaving the dome in the next couple of days.
091520a.jpg

My guess is the pellets. I watched them do some maintenance at B'Ville once. They pour those into a hopper on the back of a Zamboni looking thing, and drive around putting them down.

I'm also thinking that Naughty Pants must be done at the site. Or in trouble?

They did something inside that generated a lot of smoke this morning. It came from the exhaust pipes between the elevators in the SW corner. I think they have been there before the renovation started. I believe I have seen smoke coming out of them in November. Anyone know what they are?
If it was orange smoke, it means there is a new commit. Otherwise, I have no clue. (On second thought, "I have no clue" is my default setting).

Morning update:

When they turn up the intensity, it is going to be really really bright in there. Wow. Saw greens and yellows clearly. I think they were using red too but it didn't pick up well on the camera in the morning light.

Note the gaps between the PTFE panels that were installed recently. I think right now they are connecting them securely and making the new panels water tight.

Regarding progress, I think there are 80 PTFE panels all told. As of this morning, I think at least 29 panels stilll need to be installed. A bunch of them are small ones where the north-south and east-west lines of arcs divide panels into two pieces.

Based on recent progress, which picked up as expected when the full crew went on the job, it looks good for them to finish this by the end of the week.

A couple of other notes:

Also, a large number of white containers have appeared surrounding the elevator shafts in the SW corner. No idea what they are but I would guess they are related to finishing the roof. It looks like there are about 80 of them. I think we have 80 PTFE panels. Maybe these are some kind of a cover? A final touch to finish the PTFE section? Or maybe they are rolls of field turf? Or are related to rebuilding the base floor before the field turf gets installed? I think the turf has padding underneath it. Could be that.

They have to be getting close to the point where they want to clear the dome floor of all the equipment there and start working on getting the floor rebuilt and ready for field turf installation. Let's keep an eye out for cranes and other stuff leaving the dome in the next couple of days.View attachment 187927
First just wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed lurking in this thread for the past year. Watching this process has been enjoyable, mesmerizing, and at times frustrating (Pete Sala is great at managing the facility but a communicator he is not). I cant wait to see and feel what the Dome is like once everything is complete and we’re allowed to attend events again. The build up feels almost like the anticipation of going to your first D1 or pro sports event.

The white poly bags are certainly full of the sand and rubber pellet mixture that serves as the fill for the field turf - seen plenty of installs and field renovations to be able to spot those bags.

Lots of smoke?

Maybe they were smudging the place with sage, to exorcise the evil spirts of the GERG error once and for all? :p

Or maybe just a big “wake & bake”. ;)
When football eventually goes the way of the Dodos, we will have one giant grow tent.

First just wanted to say that I’ve really enjoyed lurking in this thread for the past year. Watching this process has been enjoyable, mesmerizing, and at times frustrating (Pete Sala is great at managing the facility but a communicator he is not). I cant wait to see and feel what the Dome is like once everything is complete and we’re allowed to attend events again. The build up feels almost like the anticipation of going to your first D1 or pro sports event.

The white poly bags are certainly full of the sand and rubber pellet mixture that serves as the fill for the field turf - seen plenty of installs and field renovations to be able to spot those bags.
If they have the pellet bags out there already, it is a good sign that the floor is going to be worked on soon. Hoping they can resurface the floor this weekend, and get the field in place by Thursday, so the team can practice on it at least once before the game.

It is going to be tight to get it done.

Morning update:

A couple of other notes:

Morning update:

A couple of other notes:

They have to be getting close to the point where they want to clear the dome floor of all the equipment there and start working on getting the floor rebuilt and ready for field turf installation. Let's keep an eye out for cranes and other stuff leaving the dome in the next couple of days.View attachment 187927

Maybe they elected a new Pope? :p

Just saw a private Snapchat post from a friend working inside. All machinery is gone inside and the floor appears to be completely resurfaced with a black or dark blue solid surface. Looks really good, should be working on turf as soon as the roof is done I would think. The center scoreboard is hanging just over midfield and one endzone scoreboard appears to be installed (he's standing at the other end).

Just saw a private Snapchat post from a friend working inside. All machinery is gone inside and the floor appears to be completely resurfaced with a black or dark blue solid surface. Looks really good, should be working on turf as soon as the roof is done I would think. The center scoreboard is hanging just over midfield and one endzone scoreboard appears to be installed (he's standing at the other end).

Also striking is how huge the PTFE portion of the roof is compared to the center section of the old roof

looks a day or 2 more from having the roof on.. How long before its sealed who knows.

Makes sense.

I will just note that there is a big pile of sand that has recently appeared on the old TV deck opposite Gates B and J on Forestry. I assume that is where the sand is that will be used to finish the field turf installation.

Also, they have added a couple dozen more white bags suspected of holding rubber pellets to the TV deck. Wow, that seems like an enormous amount of rubber.

Good video on how to install infill on field turf. They surely won't install by hand but you can an appreciation for how much infill is needed for a new field.