the crane the crane | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Bees, any new images of the roof from yesterday?

I thought there was one with three of the arrowheads up.

negative.

Bees, any new images of the roof from yesterday?

I thought there was one with three of the arrowheads up.

Took this one yesterday after the game.

01C17299-95C1-44D5-842E-9C4B8987E3F2.jpeg

Today's update:

Don't see much going on. No stuff arriving. No work being done that I can see.

But Walt is up and moving around. If he was hurt, he is back.

Skylar has moved from rest position as well. Hopefully something we can see will happen soon.

Today's update:

Don't see much going on. No stuff arriving. No work being done that I can see.

But Walt is up and moving around. If he was hurt, he is back.

Skylar has moved from rest position as well. Hopefully something we can see will happen soon.
Holy mackerel! - I can see - no ice on the Live Cam lens and as tomcat says Walt is erect. Maybe he just got a whiff of some new fresh steel support columns and we'll see some work being accomplished tomorrow??

Took this one yesterday after the game.

Holy Cow, that support system is way bigger than i thought or is it the camera angle, looks to add another 5 stories of the height to the Dome formerly known as Carrier

Holy Cow, that support system is way bigger than i thought or is it the camera angle, looks to add another 5 stories of the height to the Dome formerly known as Carrier
I believe the actual number is much higher. As in 80 feet higher. Yes, it is massive.

Not much activity today. I am thinking they are waiting on more of those little block sections of the top rail that are used to establish the three prong arrowheads. Looks like between the storage area near the Physics Building and the storage area next to Walt, there are plenty of long white tube supports.

There are by my count 3 of the brown triangle support bases for arrowheads in place up top, ready or almost ready to support an arrowhead. Hopefully a few of the 'little' blocks (I bet each one weighs more than my car), show up soon and we get this party started again.

Not much activity today. I am thinking they are waiting on more of those little block sections of the top rail that are used to establish the three prong arrowheads. Looks like between the storage area near the Physics Building and the storage area next to Walt, there are plenty of long white tube supports.

There are by my count 3 of the brown triangle support bases for arrowheads in place up top, ready or almost ready to support an arrowhead. Hopefully a few of the 'little' blocks (I bet each one weighs more than my car), show up soon and we get this party started again.
One would think they would have all the materials for this first phase giving how critical timing is.

There has to be some sort of learning curve. It'll be the brown triangle supports that give us insight as to which arrowhead goes up next.

They are installing one of the white support beams for the top rail in the northwest corner right now.

It looks like they are going to hold it in place there with wires. My guess is that they will then attach a big section of the top rail between the arrowhead in that corner and this stand alone support, as the top rail begins a journal to circle the top of the building.
Dome 12042019.jpg

cool to use the rewind function to go back and see this stuff when you miss it live

They have the rigging all set up for it. Hope it happens today. I need some good news.
It looked like they ran out of time and aborted this at the last second. Pretty sure it will happen tomorrow morning. Should be cool to watch.

tommorrow installing in a lake effect storm should be interesting

FYI, one of the big, bus sized pieces of the top rail is headed up. I assume it is going to connect the arrowhead in the northwest corner to that one support beam that was installed earlier in the week, that is currently standing solo.

They are taking their time bringing it up, as well they should. I suspect this is one of the more dangerous and difficult tasks they have to complete to get the crown truss in place.

FYI, one of the big, bus sized pieces of the top rail is headed up. I assume it is going to connect the arrowhead in the northwest corner to that one support beam that was installed earlier in the week, that is currently standing solo.

They are taking their time bringing it up, as well they should. I suspect this is one of the more dangerous and difficult tasks they have to complete to get the crown truss in place.

Yeah, it's pretty breezy right now and that thing has more surface area (and is probably less dense as well) than anything they've moved so far.