the crane the crane | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

another sunset dome.jpg

Good to have this rumor confirmed.

I would assume this means SU has reached an agreement with an air conditioning company to outfit the dome with the equipment needed to make this happen. It will be interesting, really interesting, to see if that company is Carrier or someone else.

The 9 news story includes the name Carrier a few times. I wonder if that was a coincidence or a subtle foreshadowing of what is to come here?

View attachment 178244
We need another girder!
Looks like the one parallel to Irving, towards University Place is going to be the one. If the past means anything, they will strap it up, lift it a few feet, spend a few hours getting the platform attached to the bottom, then lift it into place.

Kind of surprised they don't have the next vertical spiral up on the east side. Maybe it was one of those two that just arrived yesterday? I would guess so since Skylar hasn't been doing much for days now.

So I am hoping that today we see

1) a vertical go up on the east side
2) a girder go up on the west side
3) a girder go up on the east side

Maybe even see a diagonal spiral go up on the west side too (that vertical they just put up is one of the 3 arrowhead verticals for diagonal walls that take two diagonal spirals).

That would be an awesome day for this crane enthusiast.

Last edited:
Another girder being prepared to be hoisted on the west side. Also looks like more back 3prep on the Forestry side

Looks like the one parallel to Irving, towards University Place is going to be the one. If the past means anything, they will strap it up, lift it a few feet, spend a few hours getting the platform attached to the bottom, then lift it into place.

Kind of surprised they don't have the next vertical spiral up on the east side. Maybe it was one of those two that just arrived yesterday? I would guess so since Skylar hasn't been doing much for days now.

So I am hoping that today we see

1) a vertical go up on the east side
2) a spiral go up on the west side
3) a spiral go up on the east side

Maybe even see a diagonal spiral go up on the west side too (that vertical they just put up is one of the 3 arrowhead verticals for diagonal walls that take two diagonal spirals).

That would be an awesome day for this crane enthusiast.

1) Spiral in the east - check.
2) I think we see box girder in the west
3) and maybe, just maybe a box girder in the east.

Now that is a day. Let's go craniacs!

Guys I feel like it’s inevitable they will shut the cranes down. Then what will we do?

Looks like they could use the cranes to offer slingshot rides during lunch breaks.

Definitely can see that going full Wile E Coyote and having the rider SPLAT! against the crane, then WHOOMP! onto the ground. :p

Guys I feel like it’s inevitable they will shut the cranes down. Then what will we do?
This is the best industry that practices social distancing. Its such a large construction site, they use electronics to communicate, they can easily stand 10+ feet away from each other to communicate. They don't have to be in any close quarters or or offices or shake hands. Wash hands alot and most construction sites shouldn't have to shut down.

This is the best industry that practices social distancing. Its such a large construction site, they use electronics to communicate, they can easily stand 10+ feet away from each other to communicate. They don't have to be in any close quarters or or offices or shake hands. Wash hands alot and most construction sites shouldn't have to shut down.

Yup. I doubt the contractor or University shuts it down. I suppose the County, Governor, or President could though.

Why is the crew on the east side so much faster? They just completely installed a spiral (from lift off to standing free) in approximately 2 hours.

I'm not sure they would shut down contracting work. Easier to keep distance working outside, and lets face it, it is a limited season to complete road work, etc. They may adjust best practices and job procedures, but I don't think they will shut down construction.

...and these guys don't work when they feel sick. It is always about their personal safety, as well as the safety of others.

Yup. I doubt the contractor or University shuts it down. I suppose the County, Governor, or President could though.
That’s what I’m afraid of. I could see dandy Andy making a fuss over jeopardizing construction workers on a non-essential entertainment project.

Ugh please don't remind us, I couldn't get out of Hotlanta fast enough after that game, no way I was staying to watch the Cardinals.
The only good thing about that year is Louisville really didn't win the Championship!
I think SU was the only team that could have defeated LVille in that tournament--we had already done it once, and had them on the ropes at MSG.

Last edited: