the crane the crane | Page 299 | Syracusefan.com

the crane the crane

Morning update:

The Lawrinson camera has become pretty much useless and will remain that way until they start installing PTFE on the panels it can display. It looks like a crew is working on getting another PTFE panel in place, but it is on the NW side and you really can't see anything from here.

There is work going on finishing layer 2 in the SE corner but again, you can't see it from the Lawrinson camera.

With RTH camera pointed at a chimney, we are left with the Link Hall camera, which has a good angle to show both crews working but has such awful resolution, it is hard to really see anything.

It looks like a crew is putting screws into the insulation just laid out in the SE corner. That is the last step before the TPO outside cover is installed. So it looks good that layer 2 will be completed some time today.

It looks like the crew installing PTFE panels is generally heading to the southwest as they go. If that keeps up, we should be able to see them at work from the Lawrinson camera sometime soon. Kind of surprising we can't see any PTFE panels from the Lawrinson camera but the roof is highly crowned and you really can't see the other side almost at all.

Sad to see 5c go. She was a good little crane.

More PTFE on the arches. And layer 2 of the hard roof is almost complete. And yes, the Link camera is living up to its name - right now the only worthy streaming link ...

0FCEF10D-A6FF-40A8-92CA-E811F15E8DBA.jpeg

BFC649EB-890B-475D-BF9A-AF34B37E1E5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Scoreboard looked assembled to me, but maybe speakers?
There are 3 new scoreboards. And the center hung did not all appear to be on site in the last picture taken from inside.

It looked like it was curved and made of metal. I guess it could be speakers. If so, they are way bigger than any speaker I have seen in a stadium before.

There are 3 new scoreboards. And the center hung did not all appear to be on site in the last picture taken from inside.

It looked like it was curved and made of metal. I guess it could be speakers. If so, they are way bigger than any speaker I have seen in a stadium before.
The center scoreboard looked fully assembled and ready to lift from all the pics we've had inside

This is why I think it's speakers:
1599578155167.png

The center scoreboard looked fully assembled and ready to lift from all the pics we've had inside

This is why I think it's speakers:
View attachment 187449
Could be. I hope so. If those were speakers, they are way bigger than what you have pictured here. A good sound system would be much appreciated.

Could be. I hope so. If those were speakers, they are way bigger than what you have pictured here. A good sound system would be much appreciated.
Can't find any pics, but IIRC the old speakers were assembled in a similar way. Could be that truck was carrying 4-8 stacks of speakers.

As long as they don't go all NBA on us.

whats all the scaffolding over by Tomcats seats and the stuff above it?

I do think though punts may hit the board a bit right now. its like back in the day when we used to play catch throwing balls over the house