The Current All-Syracuse Lacrosse Team | Syracusefan.com

The Current All-Syracuse Lacrosse Team

DoctahLexus

Renowned lacrosse analyst
I remember a little while back we were having a discussion about local talent and our area's relevance in the current college lax scene. So with a little digging on the IL team pages (most of these I knew previously) I decided to put together a solid lineup of the current greater Syracuse area all star team. That means no greater Albany area/niskayuna guys, no Yorktown, and no Western NY Rochester/Buffalo types, strictly people from somewhere where the nearest true city is Syracuse.

Attack:
Griffin Cook- Syracuse (Dewitt)
Devon Buckshot- High Point (Lafayette)
Charlie Bertrand- UVA/Merrimack (Baldwinsville)
Aidan Olmstead - Loyola (Corning)

Middie:
Thomas Bragg - Yale (Caz)
Ryan Archer - Hobart (Dewitt)
Jacob Morin - Army (Auburn)
Cole Willard - Penn St. (Caz)

SSDM:
Bret Barlow - Syracuse (Manlius)
Alex Burgmaster - Albany (Auburn)

FOGO: Nate Garlow - Syracuse (Marcellus)

D/LSM
Marcus Hudgins - D Army (West Genny)
Chase Gedny - LSM Army (Westhill)
Jake Piseno - LSM Albany (Liverpool)

Goalie:
Logan McNany - Maryland (Corning)

There are some notable graduates this year, mainly of course Nick Mellen, but also Tyler Shoults a great middie from Richmond who went to West Genny, and Reece Eddy LSM at BU from Skaneatles.

One basic observation is that there is a good deal more offense than defense. There is some solid depth for both attack and middie but the three guys at D and LSM are the only ones I really could think of or find who really played (granted Hudgins is an AA type talent). McNany was the only goalie I could find. There may also be some local guys that play SSDM somewhere that I am unaware of as that can be hard to find. Bottom line is that this lineup could compete, especially the offense. They are also a young group. I think Bertrand is the only one who would "graduate" from this team next year. I think this goes to show that we are hanging around in terms of relevance and hopefully that the loss in status has plateaued somewhat.

Thoughts?? Am I missing anyone??

A couple of Class of 2020 guys who will make an impact this season:

Ryan MacKenzie, Middie from CBA (Duke)

Luke Staudt, Goalie from West Genny (Loyola)

Corning isn’t Syracuse area, it’s probably more WNY than CNY. After a couple years, Hackler will be the best college player to come out of CNY since Lyle Thompson.

Corning isn’t Syracuse area, it’s probably more WNY than CNY. After a couple years, Hackler will be the best college player to come out of CNY since Lyle Thompson.

Section 4 is closer to CNY than WNY.

Looking on a map Corning is actually a good deal more south than i thought. I always pictured it as being a little west of Ithaca but it's a good deal more south than that. Fair enough to call it not really in CNY. Strong words on Hackler! I had him on the "bench" of this group but curious about his future at Yale. Plenty of time left to prove himself.

Really interested to see his what he can put together in his first year.
Also want to see what Bragg can do with his last couple years at Yale.

Can’t remember where he was from but there was a kid at Ohio State that played shading Bville in states, name was baker or barker? I think he may have been Corning or Pitsford?
Idk if that makes your list.

That Hudgins kid is a baller. Was really impressive at their game in the Dome last year.

Can’t remember where he was from but there was a kid at Ohio State that played shading Bville in states, name was baker or barker? I think he may have been Corning or Pitsford?
Idk if that makes your list.

Colby Barker from Pittsford? That's Section 5.

Solid list, think there are some 2020s and 21s who you’ll see quickly. The younger Madonna from ESM will be seen quickly at richmond, along with staudt Mackenzie and probably Kieb in ‘21. Hoping the older Rosa will be in this discussion pretty soon

Crap. Syrabills44 just reminded me of derek Madonna at Hobart he needs to be on this list.

Distance from Syracuse...

Corning: 99.8 miles
Victor: 63.9 miles

Yeeaaah might have to say adios to the Corning kids on this team. I don't remember the drive to the corning glass museum taking that long as a kid, but I guess my memory is foggy. May be a little mixing up of Corning and Cortland as well.

One other observation is that the north country is nonexistent on this list. Not even a guy on the "bench" from there. We used to have some great recruits from the Watertown area. Pretty sure Nims, Nerowski, and Guadagnolo were all from there right? Of course this will change when the Carthage guy arrives on campus.

The real log jam is who is the head coach of that team? Either way it is a heck of a staff!

John Desko (West Genny)
Andy Shea (Cortland High)
Lars Tiffany (LaFayette High School)

There are likely many others...

The real log jam is who is the head coach of that team? Either way it is a heck of a staff!

John Desko (West Genny)
Andy Shea (Cortland High)
Lars Tiffany (LaFayette High School)

There are likely many others...
That might be the toughest question! You’ve got Desko/tambroni/chemotti/Wilson from WG, Shay and Lars like you mentioned. If we’re counting Corning then Tilman might take the cake but as others have mentioned that might be a little far. Milliman is also from Rochester. But I think you could certainly argue that pound for pound, CNY definitely produces the best coaches in the entire country (not to mention the countless assistant coaches, as well as Sheehan at lemoyne beville at cortland and Miccio at OCC, 3 of the best programs in their respective divisions).

That might be the toughest question! You’ve got Desko/tambroni/chemotti/Wilson from WG, Shay and Lars like you mentioned. If we’re counting Corning then Tilman might take the cake but as others have mentioned that might be a little far. Milliman is also from Rochester. But I think you could certainly argue that pound for pound, CNY definitely produces the best coaches in the entire country (not to mention the countless assistant coaches, as well as Sheehan at lemoyne beville at cortland and Miccio at OCC, 3 of the best programs in their respective divisions).

There are some great Section 3 coaches in the game, the best ones imo, but you can't consider anyone who hasn't won a National Championship.

My vote goes to Shay but I'm biased.

One other observation is that the north country is nonexistent on this list. Not even a guy on the "bench" from there. We used to have some great recruits from the Watertown area. Pretty sure Nims, Nerowski, and Guadagnolo were all from there right? Of course this will change when the Carthage guy arrives on campus.

And the Powells, Nick Piroli and Josh Coffman from Carthage.
But Kyle Guadagnolo played at Jordan-Elbridge.

Don't forget Army's Alberici from Auburn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom