The defense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The defense

ALL YEAR... I have been seeing good technique from the DL.. even the DT's.. I have been seeing bad technique with our LB's and safeties. LB's not getting up into there gaps consistently.. LB's not punching/using there hands enough to get off blocks... Safeties with there eyes in the backfield and little situation awareness.. terrible angles all around... The D has been solid but there are still a ton of details that do not seem to be getting better/addressed... In the back of my mind... it feels like little details are getting overlooked and I am worried that position coaches are/might be some of the problem. Do not get me started on the OL. I have been saying it for weeks... they need to dumb down protections and let the kids play fast and physical... you can help them with the play-calling... and for the love of god get Servais back to tackle. IMO there are position coaches that are on the hot seat.. I just do not know how anyone looking objectively at the tape can say details are being improved upon...

Seems like a good time for a bump.

The defense sucks on its own merits (or lack thereof) - not sure why anyone made or makes excuses for them

Okay thanks
My opinion is I think they have some talent but this scheme does not work. I mean you’re giving up 37 points at the half to Boston College without their starting quarterback that is pathetic I’m sorry. I really don’t know what else to say. I am so frustrated it’s always something with this team this year, incapable Of playing a complete game And now in my opinion and in most I’m sure that we have no chance of making a bowl this year. As crazy as it seems that some people it seems like they don’t even wanna make a bowl

This sucks; the D seems to have given up!
The double-play; no offense and no defense!!!

44 to 20 at the half. Something is going on inside the locker room within this team because we are absolutely better than this but something is definitely going on this team is broken inside out

It really seems to me that like a lot of the players, but I don’t know who they are just quit on this team

Last edited:
Well please tell me something that I don’t know Because this is got to be up there with one of the most disappointing season I have ever seen in my life
I am looking for any glimmer of hope. Believe me!

ALL YEAR... I have been seeing good technique from the DL.. even the DT's.. I have been seeing bad technique with our LB's and safeties. LB's not getting up into there gaps consistently.. LB's not punching/using there hands enough to get off blocks... Safeties with there eyes in the backfield and little situation awareness.. terrible angles all around... The D has been solid but there are still a ton of details that do not seem to be getting better/addressed... In the back of my mind... it feels like little details are getting overlooked and I am worried that position coaches are/might be some of the problem. Do not get me started on the OL. I have been saying it for weeks... they need to dumb down protections and let the kids play fast and physical... you can help them with the play-calling... and for the love of god get Servais back to tackle. IMO there are position coaches that are on the hot seat.. I just do not know how anyone looking objectively at the tape can say details are being improved upon...
As I look back on this... Its kind of scary in the fact that the points I addressed are not getting better.. The OL since Bergeron came in has been better.. but even that scares me because we have staff members actually think Alexander should have been starting for half the season.. Are they paying attention to details when watching film? Because me.. a high school level coach could see details are not being improved upon.

I also wonder if there might be some chemistry issues... I think there might be.. even between some coaches.. Some coaches after seeing Lewis get his shot maybe are in it for the wrong reason? Not focusing on the details? Players looking to the next level? Not doing there job and playing team ball? I don't know, but something is off.. I just know that when I re-watch the games.. I am seeing a ton of things that good staffs catch.. and then correct or at least get someone else in there that listens.. Bergeron showed me we may have guys on the bench that might be an upgrade.. Do we have any LB's with size that have higher ceilings than the guys playing? maybe some experience would get them performing at a higher level than current players? I don't know.. I am not sure I trust the staff below Babers to be honest

The “attempt” to tackle the backup BC running back on the play that made it 38-20 was among the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen.

If I thought anybody cared about this game enough, I’d suspect point shaving.

As it is, I think they legit didn’t feel like making contact at the time.

The offense is not helping the D out at all
Two starting DBs out and missing bear
Sure they are not great but they have been holding up there end most of the time
Hate to argue but that defense is terrible. Ward should be fired right now. Our backers do nothing. Wrong spots don’t come downhill wait for a 250 lb guy to train wreck them yet they still stay in game with no one else gettting time. I can hear Dan Conley losing his f. In mind.

I think the defense has been solid. Maybe not dominant but solid. We have no business being within two scores deep into the fourth quarter. The offense puts them back on the field quickly and in crappy positions. When over 40% of your offensive possessions end in a 3 and out, how do you expect the defense to look?
We looked like crap in the first half when we were scoring. It was even or close. Ward is terrible. There is no excuse for the defense with the talent we have none. It’s on dc move on from him immediately.

Hate to argue but that defense is terrible. Ward should be fired right now. Our backers do nothing. Wrong spots don’t come downhill wait for a 250 lb guy to train wreck them yet they still stay in game with no one else gettting time. I can hear Dan Conley losing his f. In mind.
Okay well I posted this way before this game.

My opinion is I think they have some talent but this scheme does not work. I mean you’re giving up 37 points at the half to Boston College without their starting quarterback that is pathetic I’m sorry. I really don’t know what else to say. I am so frustrated it’s always something with this team this year, incapable Of playing a complete game And now in my opinion and in most I’m sure that we have no chance of making a bowl this year. As crazy as it seems that some people it seems like they don’t even wanna make a bowl
No sure why you quoted me but thanks?

Just got a commitment from a 4 star defensive end! We’re back baby! Orange Bowl 2021, here we freakin come!!!

The offense is not helping the D out at all
Two starting DBs out and missing bear
Sure they are not great but they have been holding up there end most of the time
Lets see about that stout defense. Got obliterated by Maryland, Florida State and Boston College. Three weeks in a row, got beat by the same trick play. Two weeks in a row, got steamrolled by good running backs. Are among the top five WORST teams for giving up huge chunk plays and that was before the 2nd quarter of todays game where they gave up 4 plays of over 50 yards. Ward is horrible and the defense is undisciplined and can't tackle or defend the pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom