The difference between 5-2 and 0-4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The difference between 5-2 and 0-4

we were lucky. the gap between our ppg in wins and losses is way bigger than our gap in yards.

our yardage in wins would work out to 85th in the country and our points in wins would be 21st in the country

over enough games, that weirdness will go away. over time, if you can't move the ball, you're not going to score

go thinks i'm sensitive just because i think his hit and run original post is stupid

I don't think his post was stupid, it was just incomplete, and a bit of a cherry pick.

Our run defense had been very good up until that Louisville 61 yard run in the 4th Q. If the opponent can run the ball, they can use up much of the clock, in theory, meaning less offensive possessions obviously, I admittedly haven't looked up how many possessions we have had and how that compares to the average. But it means you have less room for offensive mistakes, and we know we're not good on offense.

But we're not good on offense. So it's a big reason why we lose.

And we're letting teams start drives from long kickoff returns. Which is also a big reason why we lose.

Run D is upsetting because of how it fell apart. We expected it to be a tough year stopping the run, but we shut down a good Wake RB, and I guess got a little lucky that Toledo's good RB was hurt on the first play. It looked like maybe our new guys at DT and LB were going to be better than we thought.

we were lucky. the gap between our ppg in wins and losses is way bigger than our gap in yards.

our yardage in wins would work out to 85th in the country and our points in wins would be 21st in the country

over enough games, that weirdness will go away. over time, if you can't move the ball, you're not going to score

go thinks i'm sensitive just because i think his hit and run original post is stupid

Yeah, because not being able to stop the run has nothing to do with time of possession, starting field position and generating turnovers.

It wasn't a hit and run, it was pointing out the real change for yardage freaks.

Yeah, because not being able to stop the run has nothing to do with time of possession, starting field position and generating turnovers.

It wasn't a hit and run, it was pointing out the real change for yardage freaks.

I don't understand, we stuffed Wake's running game (43 carries for just 80 yards) and yet they beat us on TOP by 7 1/2 minutes. We contained Toldedo's run game (37 for 138) and still they beat us on TOP by 2 1/2 minutes. So if we didn't have a TOP advantage in those wins, why would not having a TOP advantage be a causation of us losing the last 4? We actually had a TOP advantage vs UConn, and a +2 turnover advantage, and still lost.

I guess you're just trying to make some point against Millhouse, but it doesn't make any sense to the rest of us.

I don't understand, we stuffed Wake's running game (43 carries for just 80 yards) and yet they beat us on TOP by 7 1/2 minutes. We contained Toldedo's run game (37 for 138) and still they beat us on TOP by 2 1/2 minutes. So if we didn't have a TOP advantage in those wins, why would not having a TOP advantage be a causation of us losing the last 4? We actually had a TOP advantage vs UConn, and a +2 turnover advantage, and still lost.

I guess you're just trying to make some point against Millhouse, but it doesn't make any sense to the rest of us.
it doesn't make sense to me either

when your offense sucks all the time, you're really going to have a tough time winning games where your run defense is bad too.

well no go

Unfortunately the only real young one is Davis who is also the worst. I am a huge Conley Fan but man hes done a horrible job this year.

When I saw Davis play for Milford Academy last year, I didn't think he was suited to play linebacker. He's not a good tackler and he overruns plays. If Cater was still here, Davis might not have played at all this year. Oh well.

So scoring more might help the cause slightly more than having a better run D, methinks.
It's crazy. It's almost like the way they determine the winner is to see who has the most points at the end of the game, so you want to score as many points as possible.

When I saw Davis play for Milford Academy last year, I didn't think he was suited to play linebacker. He's not a good tackler and he overruns plays. If Cater was still here, Davis might not have played at all this year. Oh well.

That was the first time he played LB..give him time...
Dyshaun was a safety and WR in high school.
This is his first year playing LB at this high of a level of competition...He's learning on the job. That's one of the reasons he's not playing in the Okie package right now...

We as a team are very inexperienced on both sides of the ball...there is talent there, it needs time and experience

Unfortunately the only real young one is Davis who is also the worst. I am a huge Conley Fan but man hes done a horrible job this year.
Spruill is only a soph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom