The Dino Babers Show - before Liberty | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

The Dino Babers Show - before Liberty

I gave you a like based on your first paragraph.

In regards to your second, I don't necessarily disagree with you. However, Dino has become so full of excuses these past two seasons, I haven't any doubt Dino would indeed tell you or anyone for that matter that, due to his current status of having consistently bad teams vs. "consistently good and occasionally great."

Per Dino last night; "Some years are going to be 10-3 years. Others will be losing years. Most will be in between."
Well, regardless of what Dino spews relative to his own thinking, the reality is, he has only had one 10-3 year, 3 and catapulting towards his 4th "losing year" and zero "in between" to date. If Dino next year in year 6 doesn't at minimum get his 1st "in between" year, well, I can't believe he'll be around for his 7th.

Perhaps, what may be even 'tougher' for Dino to sell & recruit than a P5 school in Syracuse University, is that he is actually the one that can get it done here. It's not as if Dino has this impressive/long track record as a head coach of success. He has been a head coach at Syracuse longer than the total number of combined years experience in such position before arriving at SU. Prior to his arrival here, he didn't build anything impressive at Bowling Green, but simply maintained the status quo in his two years there that Dave Clawson had built/sustained beforehand.

Again, I don't really care what he says when it comes to pretty much anything, it's either a dumb quote, coach speak or a flat out lie. You call them excuses I just call it dumb stuff that coaches say to the media to hopefully get the press conference or show or whatever it is over ASAP. He knows his team stinks and most likely wont get much better with all the injuries, he knows he only has one winning season and that next year he most likely has to have a winning season or at least 6-6 or he will be canned most likely. He 100% knows the score and how bad the team stinks. Not much he can really say more than that

If he says something about watching tape, drops or whatever, I really don't care. It's the same as to when he said the offense would really take off around game 5-6 of the second season. Complete gibberish nonsense, I don't really care but did anyone really think a switch was going to be flipped at that point in his 2nd year.

In 2022 if we have a new coach I think he will most likely be fired in 4-5 years as well. Don't really care who it is.

If Syracuse only has 2-3 wins this season they should take a bowl invite if they managed to get one just for the extra practice.

Again, I don't really care what he says when it comes to pretty much anything, it's either a dumb quote, coach speak or a flat out lie. You call them excuses I just call it dumb stuff that coaches say to the media to hopefully get the press conference or show or whatever it is over ASAP. He knows his team stinks and most likely wont get much better with all the injuries, he knows he only has one winning season and that next year he most likely has to have a winning season or at least 6-6 or he will be canned most likely. He 100% knows the score and how bad the team stinks. Not much he can really say more than that
[/
1602880041402.gif

Why would you only have 2 QBs that know the offense? Especially given the number of times Tommy has been sacked.

Typically, it's the 3-5 qb that best emulates that weeks opposing qb getting the scout assignment, the other should be getting a few reps and learning the system.

Happy birthday SWC75 - your username makes it sound like I’m giving birthday wishes to a Star Wars droid

My initials and a tribute to a long lost conference plus the year I graduated from SU.

My initials and a tribute to a long lost conference plus the year I graduated from SU.

You'll always be Southwest Conference to me.

Happy birthday by the way.

Agreed, look drops happen we all know it. That said the WR performance outside of Taj last Saturday was beyond embarrassing. Again there's literally a dozen plus WRs on the roster, play some of these guys and for the love of George Deleone call a slant or curl route or intermediate route to get these guys going and actually move the ball for a change.

Oh, we can’t do that. We’re too busy trying to stretch out the D so we can run the ball up the middle.

The good news is there is absolutely 0 film of any of our QBs not named Rex Culpepper, so that leaves the door open to throw the defense off by inserting them in there for a few plays.
That can work for you for a week or two and then the good coaches get the film and pick your weaknesses apart.

The good news is there is absolutely 0 film of any of our QBs not named Rex Culpepper, so that leaves the door open to throw the defense off by inserting them in there for a few plays.

Is this Dino satire?

I decided to review the signing day press conference for the last couple of years for any comments on the young quarterbacks. There wasn't much but there was some interesting stuff on that and other issues:

Dino Babers National Signing Day 2018 Early Period Press Conference (12/18)
He talks about the importance of building up depth, especially in the offensive line and expects that we will have fewer and fewer freshmen playing because the overall strength of the roster will improve. In each conference he emphasizes the importance of going with guys who have bene in the program and built themselves up so they can play at this level.

Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference (2/19)
Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference
David Summers’s primary quality is his accuracy. He’s had 6-7 different quarterbacks running this offense in the previous 7 years. Each was different and they were able to adjust the offense to the traits of each and if Summers becomes the QB, they will utilize his primary trait: accuracy. “When you get 10 wins in the ACC, you need to act like it and recruit like it.

Dino Babers Early Signing Day Press Conference (12/19)
#NSD20 | Dino Babers Early Signing Day Press Conference
he said his staff is ‘fantastic’ at evaluating quarterbacks but their opposition finds out who they are recruiting via social media and they get to our targets first.

Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference (2/20)
#NSD20 | Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference
He likes the two new guys, (Markiewicz and Morgan) because of their size and they have the mental strength he’s looking for. He tells a story of Jimmy Garoppolo, who had the same number of stars the two new guys have and how in his first two years at EIU he got knocked around but he survived and had seen everything that could happen and was a better QB because of it.

I decided to review the signing day press conference for the last couple of years for any comments on the young quarterbacks. There wasn't much but there was some interesting stuff on that and other issues:

Dino Babers National Signing Day 2018 Early Period Press Conference (12/18)
He talks about the importance of building up depth, especially in the offensive line and expects that we will have fewer and fewer freshmen playing because the overall strength of the roster will improve. In each conference he emphasizes the importance of going with guys who have bene in the program and built themselves up so they can play at this level.

Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference (2/19)
Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference
David Summers’s primary quality is his accuracy. He’s had 6-7 different quarterbacks running this offense in the previous 7 years. Each was different and they were able to adjust the offense to the traits of each and if Summers becomes the QB, they will utilize his primary trait: accuracy. “When you get 10 wins in the ACC, you need to act like it and recruit like it.

Dino Babers Early Signing Day Press Conference (12/19)
#NSD20 | Dino Babers Early Signing Day Press Conference
he said his staff is ‘fantastic’ at evaluating quarterbacks but their opposition finds out who they are recruiting via social media and they get to our targets first.

Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference (2/20)
#NSD20 | Dino Babers Signing Day Press Conference
He likes the two new guys, (Markiewicz and Morgan) because of their size and they have the mental strength he’s looking for. He tells a story of Jimmy Garoppolo, who had the same number of stars the two new guys have and how in his first two years at EIU he got knocked around but he survived and had seen everything that could happen and was a better QB because of it.
That last comment is interesting

That last comment is interesting
Gets kinda old for me all he talks about is Jimmy G a guy he didn't even recruit, for every Jimmy G theirs probably 1000 2 stars who are exactly what they are... 2 stars, if your winning you can get away with anything but when we've had these last two season his coach speak and analogies get very old

Why can't the 3's scrimmage against each other and the walk ons, not like were anything close to them but I'm pretty sure alabama has the freshman and 3's and worse scrimmage each other and the walkons, take the GA's and a few position coaches and do that, dino is the king of excuses

Why can't the 3's scrimmage against each other and the walk ons, not like were anything close to them but I'm pretty sure alabama has the freshman and 3's and worse scrimmage each other and the walkons, take the GA's and a few position coaches and do that, dino is the king of excuses
Because the 3s on defense are simulating the other team's defense for our two deep on offense and the 3s on offense are simulating the other team's offense for our two deep on defense.

Someone has to do their best impression of the other team. Do you want it to be our two deep or the guys that aren't likely to see the field? To me, it kinda makes sense for the guys expecting to get in the game to practice our schemes and gameplans. But I suppose you could spend a significant amount of time preparing a bunch of players that aren't going actually play. To each their own.

My gut says Dino and team are holding out on this until Clemson. He loves the whole “didn’t have any tape” line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom