The Dome vs Cameron | Syracusefan.com

The Dome vs Cameron

Orangezoo

In the wind
Ok so cameron has its lore. But I have the surround sound on watching duke wake and on one of the loudest moments in the game it was a puny high school like loud vs the wall shaking had my wife complaining noise from the dome saturday night. Advantage dome.

I think Cameron is better for avoiding upsets in these mundane weekday games.
I mean they boo like crazy on every single call. That matters because refs are human.

The Dome is great, I love it, but come on, its Cameron

Last edited:
My point was about the noise and atmosphere alone. Its certainly an extremely difficult place to play I just think the dome brings more to the table and decibel wise its much louder in a crazed dome than crazed cameron.

I think 9000 loudly screeching people in a small confined sweat box has the potential to make you feel dizzy. I would not underestimate Cameron.

The problem with Cameron is the Duke fans can actually spit on our players. I really hate that place.

Playing at Pitt is good practice for that.

At Pitt you need a really good loogi to hit one of our players. At Cameron they are about 2 feet away from our player's bench. It's really unsportsmanlike in its conception.

We can play them at Manley to see how they react to eating dust.

It's really overrated.
Cameron.jpg

Here are some actual facts.

1) Syracuse has been allocated exactly 75 tickets from Duke (the NCAA minimum). Many serious SU fans and big donors have been cut out of SU tickets. Any other SU fans there will have to buy tix on the secondary market or get them from a Duke fan. It may be the most hostile crowd we have ever faced (in therms of fan percentages). Trust me, SU fans will not "take over' Cameron.

2) I have actually been to Cameron. It is a seriously amazing place ... more like a shrine than an arena -- at least until the game starts. Wrapped around the court is a museum that puts the Melo Center exhibits to shame. Decades of history. Very professionally done. If you are lucky enough to snag a ticket, get there early so that you can check out the "museum" part.

3) In some respects, it IS a big high school gym. It is very compact. The atmosphere will be like nothing our team has ever faced.

4) We will have essentially one day to prepare for the game (after the BC Wednesday night game and before the Friday flight to Durham). The scheduling stars are aligned against us.

5) Given all this, I will be cheering my lungs out on February 22, but I'm afraid even my loud voice will come across as barely a whisper there.

Last edited:
cto said:
Here are some actual facts. 1) Syracuse has been allocated exactly 75 tickets from Duke (the NCAA minimum). Many serious SU fans and big donors have been cut out of SU tickets. Any other SU fans there will have to buy tix on the secondary market or get them from a Duke fan. It may be the most hostile crowd we have ever faced (in therms of fan percentages). Trust me, SU fans will not "take over' Cameron. 2) I have actually been to Cameron. It is a seriously amazing place ... more like a shrine than an arena -- at least until the game starts. Wrapped around the court is a museum that puts the Melo Center exhibits to shame. Decades of history. Very professionally done. If you are lucky enough to snag a ticket, get there early so that you can check out the "museum" part. 3) In some respects, it IS a big high school gym. It is very compact. The atmosphere will be like nothing our team has ever faced. 4) We will have essentially one day to prepare for the game (after the BC Wednesday night game and before the Friday flight to Durham). The scheduling stars are aligned against us. 5) Given all this, I will be cheering my lungs out on February 22, but I'm afraid even my loud voice will come across as barely a whisper there.

75 tickets. Hmmm.

I think it's safe to say that just about -- I said, just about -- every SU fan I know will never see SU play Duke at Cameron.

Sad.

But I think it speaks volumes about Duke and the ACC.

75 tickets. Hmmm.

I think it's safe to say that just about -- I said, just about -- every SU fan I know will never see SU play Duke at Cameron.

Sad.

You'll be surprised

cto said:
Here are some actual facts. 1) Syracuse has been allocated exactly 75 tickets from Duke (the NCAA minimum). Many serious SU fans and big donors have been cut out of SU tickets. Any other SU fans there will have to buy tix on the secondary market or get them from a Duke fan. It may be the most hostile crowd we have ever faced (in therms of fan percentages). Trust me, SU fans will not "take over' Cameron. 2) I have actually been to Cameron. It is a seriously amazing place ... more like a shrine than an arena -- at least until the game starts. Wrapped around the court is a museum that puts the Melo Center exhibits to shame. Decades of history. Very professionally done. If you are lucky enough to snag a ticket, get there early so that you can check out the "museum" part. 3) In some respects, it IS a big high school gym. It is very compact. The atmosphere will be like nothing our team has ever faced. 4) We will have essentially one day to prepare for the game (after the BC Wednesday night game and before the Friday flight to Durham). The scheduling stars are aligned against us. 5) Given all this, I will be cheering my lungs out on February 22, but I'm afraid even my loud voice will come across as barely a whisper there.

How many did we give Duke in the visitors section behind their bench?

75 tickets. Hmmm.

Sad.

Cuseguy, In fairness to Duke, they don't have much more than 75 tickets to give to visiting teams. The bulk of the seats there belong to season ticket holders. It's not an anti-Syracuse thing. That is what they allocate to ALL visiting teams. (And, PS, you will know at least two SU fans there...the two women who rescued you after a certain night at Chelsea Piers a few years ago).

Last edited:
75 tickets. Hmmm.

Sad.

Someone has definitely never been to Cameron...

Well, Joyce, of course you'll be there. I expect you to have a front row seat for the second coming of Jesus.

Seriously, I understand that Cameron is a small facility and that season ticket holders rule the day. But it's wrong that opposing teams only get 75 tickets. It sorta takes some of the fun out of having a team like Duke in your conference if you can't see your team play them on the road.

I'll always long for the Big East days when you could get a ticket to see SU play any conference foe on the road.

NOD1 said:
Someone has definitely never been to Cameron...

Not sure what you mean. I've been to Cameron. Just never seen a game there. Likely never will.

Well, Joyce, of course you'll be there. I expect you to have a front row seat for the second coming of Jesus.

Seriously, I understand that Cameron is a small facility and that season ticket holders rule the day. But it's wrong that opposing teams only get 75 tickets. It sorta takes some of the fun out of having a team like Duke in your conference if you can't see your team play them on the road.

I'll always long for the Big East days when you could get a ticket to see SU play any conference foe on the road.
Cuseguy... your argument is with the NCAA. That is all they require. We have a facility that seats 35,000... and season ticket holders are about half of that. Very easy for visiting fans to buy tix. In tiny arenas with good fan bases, not so easy.