The DOME...We should be proud... | Syracusefan.com

The DOME...We should be proud...

realcusefan888

Walk On
Looking at some other college venues the past few weeks; the fact we had a great crowd of 45k (and a legit 45k) on 10/21 against wvu is something we should be very proud of. Looking at places like PITT, UCONN, and even BC last night on tv with at least 5-7k empty seats in a 37k stadium we represent well and have a better gameday atmosphere than we are given credit for.

Lets "Occupy" the dome next friday and get that same juice back from 10/21! it all starts tomorrow with a win at UCONN!

GO CUSE!

When the Team wins people show up. When the Team loses people don't.

It's like that in every city, every school

well thats my point fellas..just a shout out and appreciation for our on campus dome, the hill, the underated gating, and the walk to the game through a beautiful campus. its not just about winning. pitt wins and they have a rich history, but that still isnt enough.the fact they play off campus and yes, its a pro city makes for a sub par college atmosphere with no juice.

Personally,i would love to see the future stadium (if there ever is one) over at the Inner Harbor.Lots of space and Congel has 6 huge parking lots paved and ready to go right there.Would make for some awesome tailgating.People could be partying on they boats b4 kickoff.All the grass to north is now parking lot.http://images.marinas.com/med_res_id/32508

Personally,i would love to see the future stadium (if there ever is one) over at the Inner Harbor.Lots of space and Congel has 6 huge parking lots paved and ready to go right there.Would make for some awesome tailgating.People could be partying on they boats b4 kickoff.All the grass to north is now parking lot.http://images.marinas.com/med_res_id/32508
ummm...sounds great if snow didnt exist where we live...it better have a roof..lol

on campus is sooo much better. Imagine our program struggling and the field not being on campus.. .say goodbye to students showing and ppl that go for the full day cuse atmosphere... check out what Miami looked like last week or the week before. I'd have guessed 5k total??

You only get a couple thousand students now.Get the train moving again and it goes right by the inner harbor..The only atmosphere is on the quad anyway, and that loses its luster after a while.I'm thinking of all the open parking lots over there all in the same area.Now that would be some good tailgating.

Ummm ... so you're saying you want to move the stadium that's situated on top of a hill overlooking the city and bring it down by the mall? Put it on the harbor of a polluted lake filled with crap and chemicals? Put it right down there where it smells like all summer long from the turd processing plant a block away? Oh yeah, right in that big empty space where giant gas and oil tanks once stood and contaminated the ground with their leakage. That would be some great tailgating!

Oh wait ... isn't the mall sinking even though it's suspended on pneumatic levelers needed to build a building of that size on a sinkhole? I don't think you could risk putting your multi-million dollar stadium in a sinkhole.

That could be a problem ... but besides that ... it sounds like a great idea!

Lake is now cleanest it has been in 100 yrs(as to reports i've seen)And they still have lots more cleaning to do with the lake.Which they are in the process of doing..It only stinks on insanely hot days.The mall is not sinking(it is floating).I worked on the original mall and this farce they call Destiny.The jacks are adjusted when need be.Congel is stuck with the tab to clean up the land.Isn't big and empty space what is needed for a stadium?

Was just throwing another option out.Not like it would ever come to fruition.But hey.Maybe Congel can throw in 100 mill and he can name it the Destiny Dome.And if they did ever build a new stadium.From what some folks have said on here.Is that it would be on south campus in a big empty field with no views of anything.Don't even think you would see the stadium from the highways,the city or anywhere else for that matter.At the inner harbor it would be right there front and center.The wives can go shopping well the mens is taking in the game.

Lake is now cleanest it has been in 100 yrs(as to reports i've seen)

Please do not believe everything you read ... LOL ... I don't want to see you posting any pics of you taking a swim, OK?

Destiny Dome <shudder> ... Congel likes his money to much to give it to someone else. For a million he'll sell you the mall and put a white tarp over it and you will have your Destiny Dome. Stop by Penney's and get yourself some new slacks on the way to the game!

The lake gets a bad rap.Its not close to being half as bad as people Think.I haven't seen a water skier or jet skier melt or turn green yet.Seems all the crew people are doing ok to.In my younger days i was in that water plenty.And thats when allied and all that other crap was there.Its in 10 times better shape now.

Maybe ... just trying to defend the thread a bit ... as the subject states, I am proud of the Dome. I think it's unique to the city and to college sports. It sits perfectly at the top of the city. I am proud of it, the fans who energize it, to the players who have played in it and to the city it represents. I think it would be a travesty to have it anywhere else.

LONG LIVE THE DOME!

Oh, i agree. I lo
Maybe ... just trying to defend the thread a bit ... as the subject states, I am proud of the Dome. I think it's unique to the city and to college sports. It sits perfectly at the top of the city. I am proud of it, the fans who energize it, to the players who have played in it and to the city it represents. I think it would be a travesty to have it anywhere else.

LONG LIVE THE DOME!
OH i agree,i love the Dome and where it sits.I was just jumping ahead a few decades.

I've never had a problem with the dome. I feel like as long as a stadium isn't falling on top of your head it's okay. However, the majority of non-SU people seem to have a negative opinion about it. Old. Spartan. Ugly. It does have a boring 80s design, you have to admit. But it's not like anyone takes pride in buildings anymore, so only downhill from here.

With that said, I think the thing to do will be to build a stadium on south campus. I haven't been to the campus in years, but sounds like they need the room. Plus, we really need to improve the tailgating experience and south campus is the place for that.

It would suck not having the dome be the first thing I see when I happen to be driving through. But what're ya gonna do.

The city built a stadium near by there already - that didn't work either. Granted its a different sport but if they built that downtown it would have been dynamite.

Needs to be on-campus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom