The DOME...We should be proud... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The DOME...We should be proud...

Maybe they could just put brick around the Dome.I think it would improve the look of it 10 fold.And if my boss won the bid, it would give me a job for a year or so.It is very doable.

I've never had a problem with the dome. I feel like as long as a stadium isn't falling on top of your head it's okay. However, the majority of non-SU people seem to have a negative opinion about it. Old. Spartan. Ugly. It does have a boring 80s design, you have to admit. But it's not like anyone takes pride in buildings anymore, so only downhill from here.

With that said, I think the thing to do will be to build a stadium on south campus. I haven't been to the campus in years, but sounds like they need the room. Plus, we really need to improve the tailgating experience and south campus is the place for that.

It would suck not having the dome be the first thing I see when I happen to be driving through. But what're ya gonna do.

Let's be honest the Dome is used what 6 times for football and some roughly 18 times a year for mens basketball. So for what its "main purpose" is around 25 times a year. I mean concerts, lacrosse, woman's sports, high school stuff...whatever. The money makers what makes the Dome what it is around 25 times a year. For such few times it is fine. Could a few modest upgrades be made, sure, of course. But it does not need to be replaced.

And the "negative opinion" people have on the dome has more to do with what they see inside on the field and/or court than the actual building itself.

Was at Lville game last weekend. If you do not think our facilities are faded take a walk around that campus. Papa John stadium is not huge but it looks modern, sharp, clean better seating, and pee troughs. The Yum center must be seen to be believed, beautiful . Took my grand kids to swim lessons at the U of L pool, same thing, new and sharp. And next to pool is a kids playground, as nice, clean as any I have seen.
Were I a recruit this would be impressive, while SU facilities are functional it is an eye opener to go visit another campus, the drabness need for modernization jumps out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom