The Downside - FSU | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - FSU

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The first 30 minutes were painful to watch. It seemed we had an excellent plan to lose a game to an inferior opponent and we were following the plan perfectly. The high post was an open door. Jesse was 2 for 9 shooting at one point. We were out-rebounded by 8 in the first half, including 7 offensive rebounds, almost all of which seemed to lead to baskets. Judah Mintz wasn't involved in the game. Neither were our forwards. We were down 6 at halftime and only that close because Joe Girard scored 13 points on 5 for 7 shooting. His teammates were 6 for 23 (26.1%).

- In the second half we fell behind by 7 twice, rallied to take the lead at 45-44 with 14:54 left only to give up a discouraging 4-10 run to go down 5 again. Then we tightened up the defense and took over the game.

- Chris Bell played with plenty of energy but he’s got to do better than 1 of 9 from three. That’s supposed to be his specialty. On several shots there was no one anywhere near him.

- Bench points: 2. Benny was 0 for 2 from three. Symir had two bad turnovers. Justin Taylor didn’t have it. Mounir Hima has gone from being an intriguing back-up to a 1 minute guy.

Not sure where else to put this. I’ve talked about this game threads several times. Noticed it again just now watching the highlights. Symir gives up more threes while in pretty good defensive position than any guy I can recall. Reminds me of when I used to complain about Scoop. I think the way our guys are taught to contest threes sets them up to not foul but doesn’t do enough to disrupt the shooters. Maybe I was too harsh on Scoop…..

thoughts, OttoMets …..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom