The Downside - NC State | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - NC State

SWC75

Bored Historian
- The best team won and it wasn’t us.

- It was the same old problems: Garrett Shrader was 8 for 20 for 63 yards and a pick 6. In the last three games, he’s 23 for 52 (44.2%) for 174 yards no touchdowns and that one interception. That’s not Division 1 quarterbacking. I’m not sure it’s Division III quarterbacking.

- Our defense actually wasn’t terrible, holding State under 400 yards and giving up only 24 points, (the other two scores were on the defense and special teams) but they gave up some long passes: Devin Leary was 17 for 24 for 303 yards and 2TDs. And for the 5th straight game, we were unable to take the ball away, although we should have one but the refs had a quick whistle.

- Hey, coach – we gave up a kickoff return for a score. How come we didn’t win?

- We are now 2-13 all-time vs. the Wolfpack. That’s better than any of us would do against an actual wolfpack.

- Pittsburgh is just as good.

- Watching both the football team and the basketball get blown out simultaneously was a uniquely painful experience. It was as if my dentist, in the middle of a root canal, decided to take out my appendix while he was at it. I’ve found four other times both our football and basketball teams have lost on the same day: 12/7/68: Football lost to Joe Paterno’s first great Penn State team, 12-30 while the basketball team gave up 68 points in a 110-118 loss to Niagara. 11/26/16: The flag football game with Pitt: 61-76 and a 50-64 lost to South Carolina in New York. 11/16/18: The 3-36 loss to Notre Dame and the 65-80 loss to Oregon. And today.

i went out for cider and donuts at halftime and was a little surprised to hear dino saying that the score should be 14-7. what game was he watching ? we were getting beat in every metric of this game (except penalties) and he really believed we should only be down 1 score ?
that worries me. dino is either delusional or in complete denial of the first half.

i went out for cider and donuts at halftime and was a little surprised to hear dino saying that the score should be 14-7. what game was he watching ? we were getting beat in every metric of this game (except penalties) and he really believed we should only be down 1 score ?
that worries me. dino is either delusional or in complete denial of the first half.

He was referring to the Pick 6 and the kickoff return, without which it would have, indeed, been 7-14.

you can't mess with facts coach . wouldda couldda. we might also have been trailing by 40 if other plays had gone differently. i want him to deal with the reality in front of him rather fantasy.

you can't mess with facts coach . wouldda couldda. we might also have been trailing by 40 if other plays had gone differently. i want him to deal with the reality in front of him rather fantasy.

he was breaking down how the defense played. And it was a fact that they only gave up 14 of the 28 points State got in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom