The Downside - Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

The Downside - Pittsburgh

SWC75

Bored Historian
- We pulled a rabbit out of our hat today. Are there any more rabbits in there? Georgia Tech and Wake Forest now have film of what we did today. Michigan ran the ball 30 consecutive times to end the Penn State game but they did that with Michigan’s line.

- This game reminded me of some ‘false positive games’ of the past: 2008 - we beat Notre Dame 24-23, then lost to Connecticut 30-10; 2009 - We beat Rutgers 31-13 after losing to them four years in a row, then lost to Connecticut again 31-56; 2019 – We crushed Duke 49-7, then lost to Louisville 34-56. A surprisingly good late-season performance and then we got back to having a bad season. But enjoy this one – for a week.

- We just need some semblance of a passing game to occasionally burn defenses and keep them honest. I assume Shrader’s shoulder is done for the year. Villari might improve. Will Del Rio Wilson be back. Would that even help? Is Davis ready? Zach Mahoney was a walk-on. Maybe McHail could surprise us.

- Brady Denaburg missed another field goal, this one from 38 yards. Yes, the wind was bad but Pitt’s kicker Ben Sauls hit two from 33 and 35.

- The most painful sequence: Villari gets a first down but gets rammed where the ball it. It pops out and goes backwards. We recover and decide to go for it on 4th an 1. I don’t even need to tell you what happened next. Good thing we won this one.

- We just beat a 2-7 team What's changed?

- We pulled a rabbit out of our hat today. Are there any more rabbits in there? Georgia Tech and Wake Forest now have film of what we did today. Michigan ran the ball 30 consecutive times to end the Penn State game but they did that with Michigan’s line.

- This game reminded me of some ‘false positive games’ of the past: 2008 - we beat Notre Dame 24-23, then lost to Connecticut 30-10; 2009 - We beat Rutgers 31-13 after losing to them four years in a row, then lost to Connecticut again 31-56; 2019 – We crushed Duke 49-7, then lost to Louisville 34-56. A surprisingly good late-season performance and then we got back to having a bad season. But enjoy this one – for a week.

- We just need some semblance of a passing game to occasionally burn defenses and keep them honest. I assume Shrader’s shoulder is done for the year. Villari might improve. Will Del Rio Wilson be back. Would that even help? Is Davis ready? Zach Mahoney was a walk-on. Maybe McHail could surprise us.

- Brady Denaburg missed another field goal, this one from 38 yards. Yes, the wind was bad but Pitt’s kicker Ben Sauls hit two from 33 and 35.

- The most painful sequence: Villari gets a first down but gets rammed where the ball it. It pops out and goes backwards. We recover and decide to go for it on 4th an 1. I don’t even need to tell you what happened next. Good thing we won this one.

- We just beat a 2-7 team What's changed?
Steve you should have been happy, old style football, a power game. Just beat the guys up in front of you. Did you notice how many Pitt guys had to be helped off the field after plays?

Steve you should have been happy, old style football, a power game. Just beat the guys up in front of you. Did you notice how many Pitt guys had to be helped off the field after plays?

Ol' Ben would have loved it.

But I'm not really a 'ground and pound' guy. I'm a 'Mr. Inside and Mr. Outside' guy. Put that with two good wide-outs and a tight end we actually throw to and we'll go right down the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom