the draft | Syracusefan.com

the draft

igor

2nd String
grant will go top ten. what nba team couldn't use a more athletic version of Horace or Harvey. he ll develop into a great mid range sooter and when he rids himself of tavern, a big time stopper. ennis will go to any team that thinks a cross between john Stockton and andre miller is warranted. if he were on the clippers, they'd still be playing

Chris Paul is a great PG and probably the best all-around PG he choked this postseason that is fair to say. Paul had 5 TOs in the 2nd half of the Clippers game 5 loss to OKC including 2 critical ones in the last 2 minutes that sparked an OKC crazy comeback and he melted down a bit in game 6. He is still way better than Ennis will ever be though. However, the comparison of Ennis to Andre Miller is pretty much how I see it as well. Chris Paul has only made the 2nd round of the playoffs 3 times in his career and has never advanced as far as the conference Finals in his entire career. I think he is great, but he isn't above criticism. Melo got the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals in 2009 before falling to the eventual champion Los Angeles Lakers.

I don't think Grant will go top 10 but top 15 their is a good chance. Ennis seems like a top 15 pick as well.

No way Grant goes top 10. I very well could be wrong but I could see Ennis drop in the draft quite a bit. Maybe not a Donte type drop but something like 15-23.

No way Grant goes top 10. I very well could be wrong but I could see Ennis drop in the draft quite a bit. Maybe not a Donte type drop but something like 15-23.
when I said mcw would go top 3 . some asked for my head. I was wrong he went 4

There is not a chance in hell that Grant will be a top ten pick.

There is not a chance in hell that Grant will be a top ten pick.
I mean this statement is ridiculous. How do you know what ANY NBA lottery team's draft board looks like. Its ignorant to make this statement. I mean beyond Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, nobody knows who is a top 10 pick. Noah Vonleh, Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart are 6-8 guys. Nobody knows who is going in the top 10. Yet because you say their is no chance in hell Grant will be a top 10 pick means its true. I don't expect Grant to be a top 10 pick if he went 11 or 13 I wouldn't be shocked or if snuck in at 9 or 10 I wouldn't be surprised. Grant could go in the low teens or early 20's NOBODY knows.

I mean this statement is ridiculous. How do you know what ANY NBA lottery team's draft board looks like. Its ignorant to make this statement. I mean beyond Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Randle, Exum, nobody knows who is a top 10 pick. Noah Vonleh, Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart are 6-8 guys. Nobody knows who is going in the top 10. Yet because you say their is no chance in hell Grant will be a top 10 pick means its true. I don't expect Grant to be a top 10 pick if he went 11 or 13 I wouldn't be shocked or if snuck in at 9 or 10 I wouldn't be surprised. Grant could go in the low teens or early 20's NOBODY knows.

This draft is loaded, show me one mock draft that has him in the top ten. From everything that I read about the combines, he didn't have a great showing. I think he goes somewhere between 17-25, maybe if things break right, 14th or 15th, but that would be a best case scenario.

This draft is loaded, show me one mock draft that has him in the top ten. From everything that I read about the combines, he didn't have a great showing. I think he goes somewhere between 17-25, maybe if things break right, 14th or 15th, but that would be a best case scenario.
Do you think Dion Waiters would go 4th two years ago?I didn't and didn't see a mockdraft that had him going 4th.
Mock drafts are dumb and done to generate clicks for web traffic.
Grant has a chance to go anywhere from 8th to the 20s/
Positives
  • 360 draft profile by Chad Ford, Kevin Pelton and Amin Elhassan
  • Long, athletic forward
  • Explosive athlete
  • Excellent in the open court
  • Improving shooter with solid mid-range game
  • Good rebounder
  • Good motor
Negatives
  • Inconsistent
  • A tweener
  • Streaky shooter

Do you think Dion Waiters would go 4th two years ago?I didn't and didn't see a mockdraft that had him going 4th.
Positives
  • Long, athletic forward
  • Explosive athlete
  • Good rebounder
  • Good motor
Negatives
  • Inconsistent
  • A tweener
  • Streaky shooter
I did and I was correct. I was right on lance Stevenson too. most of u said d league. any team that passes on grant is unknowing. hell develop into a super star. look at his shoulders in comparison to his waist

Alsacs said:
Do you think Dion Waiters would go 4th two years ago?I didn't and didn't see a mockdraft that had him going 4th. Mock drafts are dumb and done to generate clicks for web traffic. Grant has a chance to go anywhere from 8th to the 20s/ Positives [*]360 draft profile by Chad Ford, Kevin Pelton and Amin Elhassan [*]Long, athletic forward [*]Explosive athlete [*]Excellent in the open court [*]Improving shooter with solid mid-range game [*]Good rebounder [*]Good motor Negatives [*]Inconsistent [*]A tweener [*]Streaky shooter

Dion was mocked in the top 8.

image-4062867271.jpg

That said, the draft is too loaded for Grant to be a top 10 pick. I see Ennis slipping out of the top 14 and see Grant anywhere from 16-25.

It's his opinion. That is what the board is for.

I did and I was correct. I was right on lance Stevenson too. most of u said d league. any team that passes on grant is unknowing. hell develop into a super star. look at his shoulders in comparison to his waist

How is his hip mobility? How about his feet arches? Are the bones in his wrists far apart, and if so does this indicate he's not done growing?

It's his opinion. That is what the board is for.
Good so when I post my opinion and you bitch me I will remind you. Saying Jerami Grant has no chance in hell to be a top 10 is something you can have opinion but according to you when you attack my messages you tell me to stop using fact as opinion but here you show you bias so thank you for showing me Dasher that its the person and not the opinions. If I made that comment I would expect you to respond with a how do you know type of message, but no need this time.

Positives
  • Long, athletic forward
  • Explosive athlete
  • Good rebounder
  • Good motor
Negatives
  • Inconsistent
  • A tweener
  • Streaky shooter

Not 4th, but I thought for sure he was a top ten pick.

Dion was mocked in the top 8.

View attachment 13361

That said, the draft is too loaded for Grant to be a top 10 pick. I see Ennis slipping out of the top 14 and see Grant anywhere from 16-25.
Dion was mocked in the top 10 but I never saw him going 4th in any mock draft. I could see Grant going anywhere from 8 to the 20s. Nobody knows where anyone after the top 5 or 6 will go. Ennis may fall that is true.

Dion was mocked in the top 10 but I never saw him going 4th in any mock draft. I could see Grant going anywhere from 8 to the 20s. Nobody knows where anyone after the top 5 or 6 will go. Ennis may fall that is true.

I don't even think the Grant family think that he is going 8th.

Will bet 50 dollars Grant won't be Top 10
Most likely you are correct. I don't see Grant going in the top 10, but I won't say he has NO CHANCE in hell to go top 10 when their is a small chance. Who had Kentavious Caldwell-Pope going 8th last year? I would very few. This draft has been overrated the whole season. I think Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Vonleh, Randle, Exum, Smart, Gordon go ahead of Grant, but after that its anybody's guess. I don't think Grant will go top 10 but nobody right now knows that.

Will bet 50 dollars Grant won't be Top 10
certainly no one knows for sure where some will be drafted. most of the bozos are glorified fans. i'll stand by my thought that grant will have a career more like a number one pick than a 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom