The entire "road win" nonsense. | Syracusefan.com

The entire "road win" nonsense.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Well, we have all heard the criticisms. Year after year. This year it is being used as a reason why some dont believe we can win a national championship.

One question for those people.

How many true road games are played in the NCAA tourney?
Oh yeah.

Well, we have all heard the criticisms. Year after year. This year it is being used as a reason why some dont believe we can win a national championship.

Oh yeah.
I don't think anyone uses road games to point to us not being able to win a title. People say it because they believe true road games are where teams are truly tested, and you can see what kind of team they are.

As far as I can tell, we're the best road team in the country this year. At least I know we haven't lost on the road. Besides Murray St, I don't think anyone else can make that claim.

UK, UNC, Ohio State, Duke and pretty much everyone else have all struggled at times on the road this year.

here's my thinking.everybody knows the cuse is always a tough game home or away. i just wish we could establish more of a home court victory mystique. a really big win streak and a sense of doom for opponents. we sorely lack that imo..

As far as I can tell, we're the best road team in the country this year. At least I know we haven't lost on the road. Besides Murray St, I don't think anyone else can make that claim.

UK, UNC, Ohio State, Duke and pretty much everyone else have all struggled at times on the road this year.

UK played Indiana.

UNC played Kentucky

Ohio State played Kansas

DUKE played ohio state

Syracuse played North Carolina State.

Oh yeah.

Duke and UNC don't usually play anything but home games after the regular season is over.

here's my thinking.everybody knows the cuse is always a tough game home or away. i just wish we could establish more of a home court victory mystique. a really big win streak and a sense of doom for opponents. we sorely lack that imo..
The Dome is not a great home court advantage. Never has been. The main reason JB didn't want to move from Manley.

I remember maybe 20 years ago, when Paul Evans was coaching Pitt, he commented that his team had success in the Dome because it was not a tough place for visitors, with the crowd being so far from the court, etc. And I think the students still had side court seats at that time.

I recognized a few typos in your post, so I fixed it for you.

It reminds me of the year UVa got selected over SU for the NCAA's and UVa was something like 17-12. Everyone touted their tough schedule and JB commented that it was nice they played a lot of tough teams, but shouldn't they win some of them.

Was that the year we lost to witchita state and drexel at home? I forget.

Derp.

Derp.
Your responses are very informative, thorough, educational and enlightening.

the_muppets_beaker.jpg

Your responses are very informative, thorough, educational and enlightening.

the_muppets_beaker.jpg

It was at about the same level as the discourse.

We beat a mediocre ACC team and a handful of mediocre to bad Big East teams on the road and you wanted to proclaim Syracuse as the "best road team in the country" because other top 5 teams struggled against top 25 competition on the road. By your logic Murray State is the best team in America baby!

It was at about the same level as the discourse.

We beat a mediocre ACC team and a handful of mediocre to bad Big East teams on the road and you wanted to proclaim Syracuse as the "best road team in the country" because other top 5 teams struggled against top 25 competition on the road. By your logic Murray State is the best team in America baby!
Before last night, who would you have proclaimed as the best road team in the country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom