The Exodus from Pitt begins... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The Exodus from Pitt begins...

I understand your comment re: search firms but that’s the way multi-million dollar positions usually get filled.

They’re not picking resumes off LinkedIn. It gives the institution cover for making sure the process was above board and followed all EOE requirements.

No doubt. And Stallings had a decent record before coming to Pitt:

Kevin Stallings - Wikipedia

Eh, could Pitt be more enticing now because you don't have to deal with a roster that was so bad? You can get your own kids - both recruits and transfers. Other than Stewart and Wilson-Frame, that team stunk. A clean slate might make it a more enticing job. Obviously Stallings isn't a great good coach, but hard to imagine this team would have succeeded no matter who the coach.

I remember thinking it was bad when Pitt went through about 5 football coaches in 5 years.

Sh ! t show.

Oh well, not my problem.

I could be wrong but I thought I remember an announcer stating the AD now isn't the one that hired Stallings and not tied to him.

I think that's correct. But after another year of bottom feeding, the questions for the current AD would then run like "What did you do about it?"
upload_2018-3-16_9-27-48.gif

Luther is exactly the type of big we could use.
He would be a rotation big.

If Cameron Johnson can go to UNC we should kick the tires on Luther.

They should have called the guy at BUFF yesterday.

That is what the announcer was saying on TV. My guess, though, is they'll go with a bigger name -- or try to.

What coach would feel good about taking the Pitt job? Maybe they can convince Howland to come back.

In this tumultuous time, I want to remind everyone to stay fully vigilant in your hatred of Pitt. Recent events may result in confusing feelings that could even include sympathy. This must be guarded against. Any softening of our rigid anti-Pitt stance here will be dealt with swiftly and severely. Thank you and Go Orange!

Luther is exactly the type of big we could use.
He would be a rotation big.

If Cameron Johnson can go to UNC we should kick the tires on Luther.

Agree.. problem is stable likely full and he wouldn't want to come to play less minutes than Geno did.

Agree.. problem is stable likely full and he wouldn't want to come to play less minutes than Geno did.
We had Dion Waters and he only played 24mpg.

Why couldn’t Chukwu play 16-24 mpg and this guy 16-24mpg?

Chukwu and Sidibe are not enough next year and Bazley is going to look physically like Hakim Warrick he can’t play the middle.

I remember thinking it was bad when Pitt went through about 5 football coaches in 5 years.

Sh ! t show.

Oh well, not my problem.

Their football program stayed successful during that amazing churn of coaches.

They obviously blew that mojo on the football program since one awful hire on the hoops side has been worse than NCAA sanctions.

Good time for us. Pitt's dead. Maryland is floundering a bit. UConn's dead. We just gotta manage forward with Boeheim so this doesn't happen to us in a year or two...

And don’t forget, Book Richardson won’t be stealing east coast kids for Arizona.

In this tumultuous time, I want to remind everyone to stay fully vigilant in your hatred of Pitt. Recent events may result in confusing feelings that could even include sympathy. This must be guarded against. Any softening of our rigid anti-Pitt stance here will be dealt with swiftly and severely. Thank you and Go Orange!

Why can I only like this once?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom