The "Facilities" Reality | Syracusefan.com

The "Facilities" Reality

Well, if you're going to charge someone 50K+ annually, you had better have nice dorms and a great student union. Of course, if you're giving away a 50K scholarship you would think could get away with cutting some corners here and there. But apparently not. And soon you are going to have to pay them to accept your scholarship.

Well, if you're going to charge someone 50K+ annually, you had better have nice dorms and a great student union. Of course, if you're giving away a 50K scholarship you would think could get away with cutting some corners here and there. But apparently not. And soon you are going to have to pay them to accept your scholarship.
When I was there the dorms were old and my college's building didn't have the recent upgrade it has now. And I still got a great education from a top five program in my field.

If it wasn't for low interest rate loans the price of education wouldn't expand so rapidly... sounds eerily similar to something that happened not to long ago

The downside to this is that this is considered in part to be one of the drivers behind skyrocketing costs in education.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Guiness says this all the time, but you know, no one is holding a gun to the heads of these college presidents, telling them to raise tuition 20% per year, and it's not like the student borrower or his parents are telling colleges, "no, no, charge me MORE."

The downside to this is that this is considered in part to be one of the drivers behind skyrocketing costs in education.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

But cost is skyrocketing at every level. I work at a small, private college and our tuition plus room and board is something like 45k. The fact that you can attend Syracuse for basically the same price as a 1400 student D3 school is something a lot of people probably don't take into consideration.

Nothing against my college, which is a very good school, but you're getting an awful lot more for your dollar at Syracuse than a lot of other good schools that are much smaller, offer much less, and charge just as much.

I'm trying to visualize where this building would be---can someone describe it in relation to some of the surrounding buildings?

It's too bad everything has to be so gaudy these days, but if we don't keep up with the Joneses, we fall behind considerably. And that is the unfortunate reality.

And this worries me because the only ones that are going to win this are the banks and schools.

I'm trying to visualize where this building would be---can someone describe it in relation to some of the surrounding buildings?

Hiding the University Avenue garage west side of the garage), between Harrison and Adams. Very long and narrow building.

Hmm. It appears the rich getting richer doesn't just apply to business, but education as well.

edumeans.PNG