The First annual FINE MESS awards go to.... | Syracusefan.com

The First annual FINE MESS awards go to....

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Now that another successful tailgate season is in the books it's time to award the following a freshly minted Cali award (the exact nature of which anyone can chime in on) will go to the following:

The Bobby Flay/Emeril award for best tailgate grub goes to: #1 Our dear leader Kim Jong Bees "Steakhouse Chicken", #2 Jeremy and MRs. Jeremys New England clam chowda, #3 Retros simply but ohh so pleasing freshly cut not french Fries, #4 the shrimp and grits served in Fla.

The Joey Chesnut/Kobayashi voracious tailgater award goes to: no brainer here, #1 Rick aka DCCuse, #2 Bees son Tyler, and a close #3 Cuseregulars friend Carl

Most dedicated Anthony Bordain out of town traveler award goes to: a tie for #1 Mr. and Mrs. Ray in Virginia and Texanmark, both just beating out due to this past games attending over #2 Cuseguy and SUBarney, #3 Jurrie and Fairfaxcuse

The Spike Lee most vocal fan award goes to: theres one and only one like him: #1 Tomcat, #2 Fairfaxcuse ,

The Andrew Luck/RG3 rookie tailgater of the year award to: #1 Justincuse the resident Podiatrist Justin and friend
#2 Mr. and Mrs. CuseisGodsteam

The Jim Brown award for most likely to be an NFL player/Celebrity award: #1 Alec Lemon, #2 Dan Conley, #3 Sean and Ellen (Alecs folks)

Most valuable tailgater: #1 Orangeyes (no competition) who else among us is almost singlely responsible for the ED statue on the quad.

Add some more if anyone can think of more!

The Sonoma Grill Master.

1. No contest...Cuseregular.

2. Jeremy.

3. Subarney.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I graciously accept our (Cuseguy and myself) award. Winning in two catergories is such a thrill. I will go out next year but it will a huge challenge to overcome Jeremy and Cuseregular in the Grill Master competition. Looking forward to "Philly Cheese Steaks" in Philly in two weeks.

I graciously accept our (Cuseguy and myself) award. Winning in two catergories is such a thrill. I will go out next year but it will a huge challenge to overcome Jeremy and Cuseregular in the Grill Master competition. Looking forward to "Philly Cheese Steaks" in Philly in two weeks.
yep the emcee for the awards ceremony will be Kenny2pennys which will be held at the bowl games pregame tailgate. Trying to get Hoffmans to be our sponsor with bronzed Golden coney weinies being the awards....

LOL this awesome, great job CR, agree with all of your picks.

The passion that Cuseregular, Mrs. Cuseregular (Kim), Jeremy Cuse, his soon to be better half, Retro, Tomcat, SUBarney, Cuseguy, Texan Mark & Bees bring to each tailgate is what makes these events just as good as the games themselves and in some cases, better. If Marrone had assistants this good, SU would be undefeated.

Texan Mark, the Mr. of the Mr. and Mrs. CuseisGodsteam handle paid you the supreme compliment, he used your tailgate guide to one of the away games and said it was perfect. He wanted to meet you and thank you in person. They are a great looking couple and another super addition to the tailgates. They met at SU and live in NYC.

Saturday I marveled as we helped CR pack his SUV at the amount of supplies he tows into the lot to make us all comfortable and well fed.

1. Two popup canopies...check

2. Canopy wind breakers...check

3. Two kerosene space heaters with kerosene...check

4. Folding tables...check

5. Propane tank for Margeritta grill...check

6. Coolers packed with (pre-tailgate) beverages, hot dogs, coneys, hamburgers, breakfast sandwiches, fretata's, hard salami)...check

7. Lawn chairs...check

8. Miscellaneous supplies such as napkins, plates, bowls, utensils...check

9. Several other things I thought of but forgot before I could stroke the keyboard.

Mike as well as Bees and Tomcat, also have provided some of us with tickets to the games.

We are so spoiled.

Mike your dad & mom did a great job of raising you I know that are proud of you.

I raise my flag to Vito Lentini a veteran of the Korean conflict on this weekend where we remember those who served this great country!

May he RIP

I just want to thank all of the hard work Mike, Jeremy and their better halves, Tomcat and everyone else do to make the tailgate an essential part of game day. Can't wait to do it again next year.

I just want to thank all of the hard work Mike, Jeremy and their better halves, Tomcat and everyone else do to make the tailgate an essential part of game day. Can't wait to do it again next year.
It may not be over, Bees mentioned tailgating for basketball, lol. I know he was kidding but I'd be up for one just to say we did it.

It may not be over, Bees mentioned tailgating for basketball, lol. I know he was kidding but I'd be up for one just to say we did it.

Hell ya Dan. We get a weekend in the 40's we can pull it off. Heck, you and Tom golf in January some winters, so we can do a tailgate for a Saturday or Sunday game.

Hell ya Dan. We get a weekend in the 40's we can pull it off. Heck, you and Tom golf in January some winters, so we can do a tailgate for a Saturday or Sunday game.
Let's keep an eye on the weather.

Most dedicated Anthony Bordain out of town traveler award goes to: #3 Jurrie and Fairfaxcuse
In accepting a share of this 3rd place award, my travel companion and I would like to thank everyone that has helped organize and/or contribute to the Fine Mess. The Fine Mess has truly become part of the game-day experience.

We still hope for a Road Mess event at a bowl game this year.

Next year's expected participation: @Northwestern, a home game, at least one road ACC game, a bowl game.

See you at the next tailgate!