The flagrant 1 | Syracusefan.com

The flagrant 1

It didn't because they only got 1 point out of it. But it was one of many head scratcher calls. It's a shame when refs go into a game with the predetermination that they're going to call lots of fouls.

When was that called? 1 pt in regulation or in the first ot means it cost us the game

It didn't because they only got 1 point out of it. But it was one of many head scratcher calls. It's a shame when refs go into a game with the predetermination that they're going to call lots of fouls.

I couldn't remember if they scored a basket on the posession after the FT.

I mean, we couldn't have made it more obvious we were trying to foul there

The play where OB got 2 FT at the end of regulation where it sure looked like he lost the ball first was a big one that went in our favor

He got hammered whether he lost the ball or not though. I’d have to see it again but thought the FSU player lost verticality.

Does that make it a flagrant 1 though? I'm not well versed in the rule I guess. I know it would have been totally fine in the NBA.

Yeah I take your point. It's clearly an intentional foul, but that's not a thing anymore. The problem was Washington kinda grabbed him, they didn't call anything, so he basically hugged him. 40 feet from the bucket. You could certainly argue unnecessary, but thats a call that is not applied all the time

The other thing I wondered, was why not force them to inbound the ball to that guy, then foul him. Or at least guard him tightly on the actual inbound and foul him. Why wait till he has nothing to do with the action?

He got hammered whether he lost the ball or not though. I’d have to see it again but thought the FSU player lost verticality.

I think if you get hit after you lose the ball, may not need to call a foul. I guess ymmv. He def got hit

I still can't figure out what was 'unnecessary and excessive' about it.
I can't either. It just looked to me like a pretty standard ball denial on an inbounds pass. There was contact. So at the most it was a common foul.

I can't either. It just looked to me like a pretty standard ball denial on an inbounds pass. There was contact. So at the most it was a common foul.

It was after the ball was unbounded.

It was after the ball was unbounded.
Oh yeh, good call. But my point still stands. He was face guarding and disallowing him to get open for a pass. You can call it intentional physical defense but two shots and the ball? Really?

When was that called? 1 pt in regulation or in the first ot means it cost us the game

We wanted him shouting FT's. He shot one and made it then we got the stop. Extra seconds ticked off the clock, but it's hard to say which team that helped or hurt.

If it went the way we intended it to, he would have shot 2 FT's.

We wanted him shouting FT's. He shot one and made it then we got the stop. Extra seconds ticked off the clock, but it's hard to say which team that helped or hurt.

If it went the way we intended it to, he would have shot 2 FT's.
didn't he shoot two and make 1 miss 1? I'm positive that the penalty for flagrant 1 is 2 shots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom